Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong >

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Notices

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Old 08-08-2014, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I have been reading a lot more than posting lately. I would like to name all the people on the board and address your accomplishments but words fail me. Just know that I am thinking of you and wishing all the best for you.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Annette, with all the stuff you do on a daily basis, you surely deserved and probably much needed to sleep in. What an awesomely active, well adjusted, and giving person you are! Best wishes on all your goals--looks like you're doing quite well on those.
Well-adjusted? Maybe not so much. I packed on these pounds for a reason. I have more than 100 to lose and that will still leave me overweight.

I am setting my goals low so that I can achieve them and not get frustrated.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

1) walk 6 miles .25, 1.0, 0, 0, .75
2) 3 fruits/veggies per day yes, no, yes, yes
3) 100 oz water yes, yes, no, yes
DONE4) workout 3 times yes, yesno, no, yes
5) be productive at the property two times yes
Old 08-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you Terri.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:39 PM
FitDay Member

I've been at 233 for 3 weeks now. But considering I wasn't tracking for more than one of those weeks, and I haven't been staying consistently on plan I'll take the maintain.

I didn't do well today at all. I felt famished and ate all the wrong things. It's the end of the week and there isn't a whole lot to choose from in the fridge/pantry for healthy snacking.

I'll try to do better next week.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Friday Report:

Wound up not going out for dinner last night because we had plenty of leftovers, so I had a great day yesterday--even came in under my net carb limit. Although I detest exercise, I'm encouraged by how much it has helped me lose this week. In my "morbid obesity" (ugh, I HATE that term) my body works harder than more trim people's to do such a meager amount of exercise. All this week, after only 10 to 17 minutes of vigorous aerobic walking to a DVD, by the time I was done I was huffing and puffing. sweating like crazy, and reached the limit of my stamina. I will continue working my way up to 30 minutes per day, five days a week. Today my goal is 18 minutes and then I get a day off exercise tomorrow.

Calories under 1444 per day: YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
--Eat clean according to my normal healthful eating guidelines YES, YES, Accidentally went over 8 net carbs due to a logging error; Thursday deliberately went over by 3 net carbs but with healthful food, not junk. YES
--Baby steps on exercise--at least five minutes exercise five days this week: 15, 10, day off exercise, 17, 17 minutes
--Minimum 48 oz. water per day YES, YES, NO, YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 08-09-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, your words of support are quite adequate. Thanks for that! Wishing you all the best, too.

Mike, congrats on your "all green" Thursday! Way to go!

Jenai, glad to see you giving yourself credit for maintaining even though you weren't consistently on plan. "It's all about averages" as our former poster Cassie told me--and that's always in the back of my mind. I was off track and not logging for three whole weeks, and decided to keep my same weight goal. I'm so much enjoying seeing my FitDay goal graph's actual weight and weight goal progress lines getting closer and closer together. I decided to leave my daily calorie goal at the original 1444 that FitDay showed me when I set my original goal back on June 25 because that was the AVERAGE I needed from then until my goal date of October 31 and I can't lose much below 1400 calories anyway. OK, how about next week you make one of your goals to be sure to have some healthful stuff in the fridge/pantry for end of the week snacking--even if you have to make a special trip to the store just for that?
Old 08-09-2014, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
Well-adjusted? Maybe not so much. I packed on these pounds for a reason. I have more than 100 to lose and that will still leave me overweight.

I am setting my goals low so that I can achieve them and not get frustrated.
Annette, you and I and a couple others in our group have more than 100 lbs. to lose. Yes, when I lose that I'll still be overweight, too, but I'll be a lot healthier as will you. Nothing wrong with setting goals low--each goal we accomplish brings us closer to better health and fitness--we can adjust them as appropriate. WE CAN DO THIS
Old 08-09-2014, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday turned out to be a high calorie day but on average it was OK. We have aprox. 20 weeks till the new year and I want to lose a pound a week till then. If I don't, my winter clothes won't fit me so I need to get a wiggle on and get to it. Mern, you are right that exercise is important and baby steps are better than no steps. Have a good weekend.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I found your post so encouraging! "on average it was OK" is a good thing, so that's progress! Losing a pound a week is a great goal. I might make that my goal after I reach Onederland at the end of August--I need to keep that goal. A pound of week after that would put me in the low 180's by the end of the year. I haven't seen those numbers in years! I have come tops I love that I could wear again at 183!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.