Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong >

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Community
Notices

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Old 08-07-2014, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Must get away from starting my day with brunch for better blood sugar stability and to reduce cravings.

Today's planned menu:

Brunch: Zero cholesterol spinach omelet, and pre-exercise protein shake. (Will try for 17 minutes aerobic walking today)

Lunch: veggie burger with lettuce and low fat cheese and mayo (no bread) and a side of seasoned black soybeans (will experiment with the bean seasonings

Snack: flaxmeal muffin (under 2 net carbs) and almond milk

Dinner: leftover turkey sausage or low sodium ham, leftover low carb pasta with tomatoes, sauteed green beans with carmelized onion

Evening snack: nuked boneless, skinless chicken breast and another flaxmeal muffin
Old 08-07-2014, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, you're right about not restricting your calories into a range that's not doable. If you keep feeling hungry, chances are you'll mentally/physically rebel. Honestly, I don't know if I can make Onederland by 10/31. Things seem to be going a little slower for me lately. I'll lose a lb or 2 one week and then it seems like the next week I don't lose anything.

Hope, I hope your eye problems are not too serious! If your eating is getting out of control then yes, planning might be the right thing to do. I find that it really helps me keep on track better when I can see on a page exactly what I'm doing. Maybe that might help you too.

Well, I did not make it through last night without going off plan. I didn't have an Atkins/milk like planned. I wanted real food. I had another chicken salad sandwich on HG bread. Also, there had been one lone apple muffin sitting on the cooling rack for about 2 days, and it has just been staring at me, calling me, begging me to eat it. I finally caved and gave into its wishes. So I ended up going over my calories again. As long as I can maintain this week I'll be content. Last week I was eating junk while I wasn't logging, and eating bigger portions. So this week I've got to get my body/mind back on track.

And as far as logging goes, I'm doing very well. I had one single bite of dd's banana this morning and logged even that. I'm going to do my best to make this a good day. I'm going to go one time frame at a time. Mornings are always easy. Afternoons, sometimes I need a pick-me-up and sometimes not. Dinner is also unpredictable because I'm usually ok with an actual portion, but sometimes I'm simply ravenous. My hardest time is night after the day is done, everyone is in bed, I'm winding down, then I feel really hungry. That's when I have to be the most careful. So I usually try to plan my day anticipating that I will eat more at night. "Try" is the key word in that sentence. I don't always succeed at planning enough calories for night time, but at least I am trying.

I slept amazingly well last night again after I did fall asleep. I couldn't even watch all of the baseball game when my eyes slammed shut! It was still about 1:30am, and I woke up at 6:00am, so I didn't get enough of that great sleep. I'm going to go in right now and try to duplicate it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-07-2014, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I had a better sleep last night and woke up ready to start the day. After I had a cup of coffee I decided to go for a walk to get the mail and dropped in at the clothing outlet. I found three bras that fit better than the ones I have now. Now I have to get some house work done. Have a good day.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, Jenai and Nyda. Thank you for the shout out.

Okay, I joined in on Tuesday with easy goals. Not always so easy though when there are other people involved.
1. Walk 4 mornings Thursday
2. Drink 2.2 liters water per day Wednesday
3. Keep sodium count under 2300 Tuesday Wednesday
4. Create at least one new recipe this week (low sodium, low fat, low sugar) Done and added to my future recipe book
My morning walk:
• I have to be out the door before 7:30 am or it gets too hot coming back. Not that I live in a hot climate, but I am still within the healing period. I am supposed to avoid exercising in extreme temperatures. I feel it if I have to go out in the heat of the day.
• To add to that, I have three cats that try to follow me. Right now they are all perched in strategic locations on the deck so I don't get away.
• I visit the chiropractor monthly for an ongoing problem. I had just gotten to the point where once a month was good, now I am back to extreme pain again. I was in hospital when my last appointment was due and was unable to drive for four weeks. I could have gotten a ride, but I am a lousy passenger.
• With my mother visiting, "to help", she has kept me hopping taking her here and there. I conveniently got my okay to drive the day that she arrived. In one week, I have overdone it physically at least three times. We won't even count the extra dishes I had to wash and the cooking issues.
Water:
• Water is only a struggle if I forget to fill my jug. I better take a break and do that now.
Sodium Count:
• I am not struggling much with this. I am allowed 2300 mg and that is a lot. I have always made my oats salt free, as well as my veggies and meat. The only thing I didn't think I could get away with is baking. I'm doing that too.
Creating recipes:
• So, low sodium, low sugar, and low fat. Although my naturopath told me that I can have butter and beef. He said not to worry about low fat. I'll take him up on that in a few months, but right now my menu includes chicken, fish, vegetables, fruit, low fat dairy, and only homemade baked goods. I sweeten with fruit, and season with herbs and spices. I am compiling a list of recipes. Most are by altering existing recipes.
• My struggle this week with cooking has been almost entirely due to my mother and granddaughter. My husband has contributed some, but not as much.
• Hubby has a problem with garlic and oregano. My granddaughter is allergic to eggs, dairy, gluten, soy, strawberries, mangoes, tomatoes, pineapple, bananas. My mother won't eat corn, mushrooms, cantaloupe, and gluten. She is actually allergic to dairy, but she cheats on all of it. One daughter I had to deal with this week is a fussy eater, but she shouldn't have soy and dairy. She cheats all the time too.
• Before you wonder how I did it. I am also allergic to bananas, but in addition I avoid vinegar, yeast, and TREE NUTS.
• So, cooking is always a GOAL at my house.
Mom is going back home today. Life is returning to normal of sorts. Hopefully I can get back to writing this afternoon. I'm also setting new goals for next week.

New medical list:
Chiropractor next Thursday, Chest x-ray Aug. 13, Blood test Aug 12, Echocardiogram Aug. 16, Cardiologist Aug 27, Naturopath Sept 3, GP... Oh no, I can't remember whether I set an appointment or not.

Last edited by rainbow24; 08-07-2014 at 04:18 AM. Reason: correcting formatting
Old 08-07-2014, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
Mike, looks like you are doing a good job on your goals this week so far.

As for me, I am happy to report that I am not going blind! What a relief!!! I have inflammtion in the inner eye that can be treated with 3 weeks of steroid drops.

I already feel better and more like myself now that I am back to logging. I went over my calorie limit yesterday by about 200, which isn't good, but at least I can see it and I can make a plan on where to improve. So much better than going day to day guessing. For me at least. I know some of you don't like logging, so it's just whatever works best for each person, right? Yep!

I'm exhausted. I slept hard and deep last night, but I didn't get enough of it. I don't usually sleep that good. I hope I can duplicate it this afternoon before I have to go pick the kids up from their first day back to school.
Thank you and great job. Keeping your eyesite is a big plus.

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, you are doing great, too.
Thanks. I guess you can put the whip up.

Originally Posted by adyndravo1
Mike a great piece of land. l know that you posted it was all brush and dead trees. It looks great in the photo's.
Oh no, I couldn't handle that. I'd say 95% is cleared with grass. Not the greatest of grass but I still have time to establish that. There is a culvert on the left side that runs down to the water for drainage. It was overgrown with brush. I've cleared most of it out, but I know it'll be back if I don't get it under control. The dead trees... well that's my doing. I thinned out a section that was pretty dense with junk trees. I thinned it out to help the oaks, maples and other nice trees grow. The trees I cut, I piled them up to dry so I can eventually burn them... which I'm nervous about. Our plan (if all goes well) is to start building the house the beginning of next year. I'm just trying to do as much as I can now, so it'll be less I have to worry about later.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

I had another good day with low calories, lots of water and walking. Lets see what Fridays weigh in will be.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'm hanging in there. Trying to follow Jenai's wisdom of taking one time frame at a time--evening being my hardest time, too, to avoid eating stuff I shouldn't. I should have a good report tomorrow. Unexpectedly went out for lunch with my grandson, so deviated from my planned menu but will be over by only one carb at the end of the day and on target with everything else. Hey, I'm happy with that and downright proud of myself--so I think I'll have the willpower to not cheat tonight.

Lili--I got in 17 minutes aerobic walking DVD today and truly couldn't do one more minute. Got my heart rate up and sweated like crazy. (I HATE getting sweaty!) I think tomorrow I'll repeat 17 minutes and maybe Saturday try for 18. I made sure to do cool down exercises so I don't get sore. Sunday will be my second day off exercise this week.

Annette, it looks like you're off to a good start. I try to keep my recipes low sodium, low cholesterol, low sat fat, and low carb to manage my formerly high blood sugar and cholesterol without medication. Sounds a lot like how you cook. Wow, you do have obstacles to overcome in your healthful lifestyle with your medical issues, chiropractic issues, and your mother visiting. . Sounds like it's really difficult for you to be able to shoo those kitties in the house somewhere and bolt out the door before they can follow you? Water is hard for me to remember, too, but when it's hot I remember more easily. I have no tips except posting notes here and there or using a special cup, but then after a while I'm oblivious to those hints. I use Morton Salt Substitute which is only half the sodium--except in pasta water I use regular salt. I don't have any sodium related health issues--I just retain excess water easily. OMG, your poor daughter being allergic to all that stuff must make your recipe creation extremely difficult! I have it easy that way--I am able to cook the way that's healthful for me and my husband eats what I eat, plus HE prepares stuff I don't eat--like starchy veggies. Wow, I totally admire you for setting your goals and trying to manage it all. I love your attitude to manage your health and weight loss is a bonus.

Mike, I did put the whip up. LOL If you answered, I missed it--how many acres do you have at your new place?

Jenai, I normally don't say it's OK to go off plan except for special occasions, even though I'm notorious for binge eating doughnuts and snack cakes. But what I'm reading is that you had chicken salad on nutritious bread and "cheated" with an apple muffin. Two steps forward and one step back is still progress and maintaining is a heck of a lot better than gaining. Kudos on the accountability for even a bite of banana. How well I know that it all adds up! "...one time frame at a time" Yeah, that's what I need to do, too. I'm good up until dinner but after DH retires to the bedroom to watch sports in the evening is about when the munchies hit me, and with no one to catch me, I'm most tempted then to give in. Let's still keep our eyes on Onederland and I'll bet even if we don't make it we'll both be thrilled with how close we got by October 31. Wishing you a great sleep tonight.

Libby, great sleep, great buy at the outlet store. Congratulations on such a great day all around on your goals! I hope the rest of your day is just as nice!

Last edited by Mern; 08-07-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all . Still here but not feeling chatty. Crazy that last week there was literally only me and Jenia posting daily with only a couple drop-er-inners! Then this week the thread is blowin' up! Glad everyone is feeling motivated again! Wish I could say the same
Old 08-07-2014, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, so sorry you're feeling down. Big cyberhug to ya!
Old 08-07-2014, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, you're right about being proud of how far we get by 10/31 even if it's not quite Onederland. Glad my plan of one time frame at a time helps you too.

Debbie, we'll still be here when you're feeling chattier.

I was feeling pretty drained today and didn't feel like cooking. I went and got takeout at a place I hadn't got our take-out night from before. Culver's. We got a deluxe cheeseburger, a fry and small coke for all 4 of us for just $20, and they are not the processed type burgers you find at typical drive-thru's. Tasted like they were grilled fresh. Anyways, I ate it all BEFORE calculating the calories. I am very pleasantly surprised though to report that I will only be over a little bit on my calorie goal, still in the maintain range. I will still get to have an Atkins/milk later too. The burger/fries were VERY filling, so I don't see myself getting hungry any time soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.