Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong >

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Community
Notices

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Old 08-06-2014, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

It's been a crazy day. After the dog woke me up to go outside I went back to bed or I would have bitten some ones head off. I didn't get much sleep.
When I did get up we had to get groceries. DH complained about the lack of bread and rice dream and some other items which I don't eat and didn't miss.
I folded laundry, emptied the dish washer and filled it up again, put the groceries away and am cooking supper. I have had a cup of coffee, a bowl of cherries and a slice of roast beef. For supper I am having a chicken breast with philly cream sauce and cauliflower. I drank all my water and walked around he grocery store. It's been a good day.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, oh my! What a busy day you've had and you did a ton of chores on little food! I'm lucky that in his retirement my DH enjoys doing probably 75% of our grocery shopping. So if there's something he wants he buys it himself. I hope you get a good sleep tonight without the dogs waking you up. How do you make that Philly Cheese sauce for your chicken?

Well, I tried really hard to be faithful to logging my food, planning and eating only nutritious stuff again today and after dinner I realized I forgot to log a Hungry Girl Flatout Foldit Bread so will be over in carbs. I should have remembered that with only 25g net carbs per day, I can't eat low carb bread and half a serving of low carb pasta and 2 ounces of tomatoes in the same day. It's not the end of the world, but I might have to get back to pre-logging my planned menu again. Maybe my body will forgive me since I'll be under my calorie limit.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:21 AM
FitDay Member

A good day food wise. Had baby carrots for snack this afternoon. Just on for carbs but haven't had dessert so will have to hunt in the fridge to find healthy option. I'm up to 5 glass of water.
I wish I had gotten a little more exercise in but my energy left at about 3pm.
Mern, I'm currently not on any meds for diabetes but have Dr appointment in 3 weeks.
Jenn
Old 08-06-2014, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LilivonShtupp
Hello all,

I lost 2 pounds last week. yay! My main goal this week is to start a regular exercise plan. I plan to do at least 25 minutes a day. I started this morning and nearly fainted. Perhaps I will try a lower level tomorrow. Man, I am out of shape...

Lili
Lili!!! That's awesome!! Congrats!! So what are you doing for exercise?
Old 08-06-2014, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
holy crow! everyone is back with a flurry of messages. Last week it was mostly Debbie, Nyda and me and we wondered where everyone was hiding.
Hey Jenai! You and I totally held down the fort!! Glad you were here with me!!

So I went camping over the past few days....my beach vacation that I was so looking forward to! We had a fantastic time!! I'm now back home...11 pm and I'm doing some of the many loads of laundry we have. That fine sand gets into everything!! LOL Unfortunately I got a nasty sunburn...luckily not my entire body...but enough that I'll need to lay low for a few days while this heals. It was overcast and I had the beach umbrella up but I didn't realize that the sun was on my back?!?! I'm usually very diligent about the sunscreen...I'm very fair....but I didn't think the sun was even on my back so I had no sunscreen on it. Argh!! Anyway...it will heal but it just means I won't be able to exercise for a few days. OY!!

It was a very reflective couple of days for me. What prompted me to start losing weight in the first place was the very same beach vacation last year. I was on the beach with my sister...who has a very fast metabolism and has no idea what it means to try to lose weight...restrict what you eat...exercise daily...etc. I vowed that this year I would be on that very same beach and feel confident in a bikini. If we would have been there in April...I would have been good to go....10 lbs. ago...but instead I covered up and felt disappointed in myself. On the bright side...I am down 10 pounds to where I was as this time last year. I wish it were the 20 lbs. I was sporting in April...but it's not...so I will take my 10 and smile....next year...maybe it will be a different story.

Have a good evening all!
Old 08-06-2014, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Evening all. I have not gotten around to meal planning. I have just not felt well all week so far. It has rained enough the the ground is soft to walk on. So happy at it that I have not had to drag hoses around all 4 days.
Mike a great piece of land. l know that you posted it was all brush and dead trees. It looks great in the photo's.
Annette welcome. Sometimes we post a lot and sometimes not so much. Sorry to hear about the heart. Stay focused and happy. Always nice to meet new people.
Debbie the camping trip sounds fun. I used to go camping with my mother. I miss it sometimes. Miss her more.
Mern baby steps in all things. I got the bike today and road a mile. I went up the road (up hill) to a bridge and then down past the house to the blind corner and back to the house. My thighs were saying no more.

My goals
ride bike twice min.-m-n, t-n,w-y
drink lots of water-m-y,t-y, w-y
eat mindfully- m-n,t- maybe, w-n,
post every day.m-y,t-n,w-y,

Nyda
Old 08-06-2014, 06:03 PM
FitDay Member

Nyda, I'm really sorry you're not feeling well this week. Is it the weather that is giving you the blahs, or are you feeling sick?

Mern, one day over on your carb count isn't going to be a deal breaker. You were doing so well with your meal planning ahead of time for the day. Maybe you should do that again?

Debbie, so glad your trip went well, except for feeling uncomfortable on the beach. Look at your successes...10 lbs when you don't have a lot to go is a big deal. That's really fantastic. So you gained a few back. Don't dwell on it. Think about the positives and know you can do it again.

Jenn, sounds like you're doing good with your plan today. Did you find a healthy option for dessert?

Libby, you've been busy today! Does that kind of thing make you feel energized or worn out? When I have really productive days I feel better about things in general. Which is completely contradictory to the fact that I have to have several hours of a nap each day. lol

Lili, fantastic work on the 2 lbs gone! keep on going and keep it up.

Survived the first day back to school today for the kids. It took me an hour and 5 minutes from the time I left my house until the time I got back to get both kids picked up from school. I got to my son's school early because I didn't know how hectic it would be, and so I sat there for about 25 minutes. Then my daughter's school gets out 30 minutes after my son's, so once he got in the car and drove down the street to her school we waited another 20 minutes. That's going to get old really quick!

I have stayed on plan most of the day. I had a late afternoon sandwich with chicken salad on an HG bread, so I skipped dinner and just had an Atkins/milk and sat with the family while they ate. I had one bite of the chicken and one bite of the rice. Tonight I can have another Atkins/milk, but I'm feeling pretty hungry. Don't know if I'll be able to hold out. At least I'm not feeling completely out of control like I did last week when I wasn't logging. Logging is a necessity for me.

Ok, all. I'll talk to you again tomorrow!
Old 08-06-2014, 08:46 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) lose 2-3 pounds in 11 days -N, 1 lb, gained it back and more
2) 6 glasses water minimum, keep track -N, Y, ?
3) stretch- Y,Y, Y
4) meditate -Y,Y, N

The eating's out of control. I might to back to planning. I did it for today.

Annette, so sorry to her about your heart attack. Wishing you all the best on your healthy plan.

Jenai, what a relief! I too am having eye problems, not as bad as yours. Happy and speedy healing, my dear!!!

Nyda, please feel better. Maybe that is your plan lol: get well.

Now I am going to take a nap after reading about Libby's busy productive day...

Last edited by canary52; 08-07-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - Thanks for the suggestion and personal insight. I made my exercise goal WAY to unrealistic for me at this point. I hurt so bad last night and this morning. I started with a 10 minute workout today. That seemed OK. I will scale it up from there as I can tolerate it.

Debbie, I am doing different workouts from the fitness blender website you suggested. Thanks for that!

Yikes - I am late for work... Have a great day everyone!

Lili
Old 08-07-2014, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, I was sure I made a reply to your post yesterday, but I surely don't see it. Sounds like you're doing fairly well on your own without the meds, but how do you feel? I guess the A1C will tell the story soon.

Debbie, I never feel settled back in after being away from home until all the laundry is done. Glad you had such a good time, but so sorry about your sunburn. Being down 10 lbs. from last year is great--and next year you'll feel confident in your bikini.

Lili, I love repeating what my doctor said to me: "You don't have to be perfect, just better than you USED to be." And a physical therapist told me once that for anyone the "no pain, no gain" belief is a myth. She said exercise should make us feel challenged, but with no pain afterwards--I can tell you already know that. I'm no fitness guru--I'm the exact opposite. But my unrealistic goals, even as low as they were, caused me backslides and burnouts in the past. Trick for me now is finding that balance of what is realistic and doable that brings on progress. It's a matter of trial and error for me, but I'll do it.

Nyda! Congrats on the mile bike ride. Quite a workout! I'm sure your thighs WERE saying "no more!" What's a blind corner? I see a lot to be proud of in your report this week! Keep up the good work!

Jenai, yes, I dread it, but I think I do need to get back to meal planning. I misread my goal weight calorie restriction. When I first set it up on June 25 I needed to restrict my calories to 1444 to make Onederland by October 31. But with my regain over the three weeks I was gone I need to restrict my calories to 1299 to make it without added exercise and I can't make that a lifestyle because I'll feel too deprived and hungry. I don't lose weight at such low calories. I'm better at 1500-1600 and need to work on eating that and speeding up my metabolism. I'll just take it day by day. Not discouraged. I don't have to be perfect--just better than I USED to be and give myself credit for all my LITTLE successes.

Hope, best wishes on your eye problems. Do you have an appointment scheduled? LOL--I agree--just READING about Libby's productive day is enough to make me tired, too. You know that quick regain is likely mostly water weight. I had regained 3.4 lbs. in three weeks and yes, my eating was out of control, but not to the point of 11,900 extra calories it would have taken to regain that much FAT WEIGHT. If you do the math of 3500 calories to gain one pound, will that make you feel better? The water weight can come off very quickly. I'm going to try to get back to posting my planned menu. No one else has to read it, but I find it helpful as a guideline.

My Wednesday Report:

Calories under 1444 per day: YES, YES, YES
--Eat clean according to my normal healthful eating guidelines YES, YES, Accidentally went over in carbs due to forgetting to log 8 net carbs of fladbread
--Baby steps on exercise--at least five minutes exercise five days this week: 15, 10, day off exercise
--Minimum 48 oz. water per day YES, YES, NO

Last edited by Mern; 08-07-2014 at 02:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.