Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong >

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Community
Notices

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Old 08-06-2014, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, sorry you lost your post. Hope to ear from you today.

Jenai, so glad to see you. I hope your eye appointment goes well. My grandkids don't go back to school until August 20. I need to get back to logging, too. I had regained a little over 3 lbs. in my three week absence, but have lost one this week. Looking at my calorie balance this morning I see I should restrict my calorie intake to 1444 in order to reach Onederland by 10/31 so I'd better get back to logging my food. I hope you had a good sleep!

Annette, we have something in common--my oldest blood grandchild (who lived just four miles away) came to live with me a few months before her 18th birthday so that I could drive her back and forth to her part time drive so she got to save up for a car. We don't have public busses here so she needed to get a car to commute back and forth to a local college. Now she is married; she and her husband both go to local college and have a baby who just took her first steps yesterday. They live with her husband's wonderful parents and the baby's paternal grandmother and I share the babysitting. I also have granddaughters ages 24, almost 18, almost 13, and grandsons 28, 26, and 10. I am fortunate to be in good health, but must drop a bunch of weight to get more fit to keep up with the baby since she's now walking. And I know I can do it. Did you have a heart attack or close to it? Wishing you good health management from here on out. I hope your daughter can make other arrangements to care for the babies--either as a stay at home mom or find another sitter.

OK, I'm thrilled to be down a pound today since restarting Monday. So far I've had only healhful meals and snacks but I need to be careful on the sodium because I have a lot of luncheon meats and a fully cooked ham in the fridge.

My Tuesday Report:

Calories under 1444 per day: YES, YES (I'm sure even though I didn't log yesterday)
Eat clean according to my normal healthful eating guidelines YES, YES
Baby steps on exercise--at least five minutes exercise five days this week: 15, 10
Minimum 48 oz. water per day YES, YES
Old 08-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator

1) walk 6 miles .25, 1.0
2) 3 fruits/veggies per day yes, no
3) 100 oz water yes, yes
4) workout 3 times yes, yes
5) be productive at the property two times yes
Old 08-06-2014, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Calories under 1444 per day: YES, YES (I'm sure even though I didn't log yesterday)
Eat clean according to my normal healthful eating guidelines YES, YES
Baby steps on exercise--at least five minutes exercise five days this week: 15, 10
Minimum 48 oz. water per day YES, YES
Awesome job!
Old 08-06-2014, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Ran some errands this morning so got a little bit of a walk in. Beautiful sunny day. I also have to take out the garbage tonight.
Good restart Mern. My glucose level was up a little bit this morning--a couple of points over the normal range.
Jenn
Old 08-06-2014, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) lose 2-3 pounds in 11 days -N, 1 lb
2) 6 glasses water minimum, keep track -N, Y
3) stretch- Y,Y
4) meditate -Y,Y
5) be kind, not foolish - ummmm, Ummm (kind yes, foolish IDK)

Mern, sorry to hear about your DD. You're a good Mom. The things we do for our kids. Thanks for the anniversary wishes. What did we do? I went to the doctor lol and we went out for dinner. My exciting life haha.

Mike, welcome back!!!!! It's hard to keep thin in your part of the world. The food is too good.

Welcome everyone! So good to see this site buzzing.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I had a heart attack on June 30 and a stent inserted on July 1.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Mike, welcome back!!!!! It's hard to keep thin in your part of the world. The food is too good.
you got that right!
Old 08-06-2014, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, great restart! good job on the lb down.

Hi Hope and Jenn! Annette, we haven't met yet...hello!

Mike, looks like you are doing a good job on your goals this week so far.

As for me, I am happy to report that I am not going blind! What a relief!!! I have inflammtion in the inner eye that can be treated with 3 weeks of steroid drops.

I already feel better and more like myself now that I am back to logging. I went over my calorie limit yesterday by about 200, which isn't good, but at least I can see it and I can make a plan on where to improve. So much better than going day to day guessing. For me at least. I know some of you don't like logging, so it's just whatever works best for each person, right? Yep!

I'm exhausted. I slept hard and deep last night, but I didn't get enough of it. I don't usually sleep that good. I hope I can duplicate it this afternoon before I have to go pick the kids up from their first day back to school.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all,

I lost 2 pounds last week. yay! My main goal this week is to start a regular exercise plan. I plan to do at least 25 minutes a day. I started this morning and nearly fainted. Perhaps I will try a lower level tomorrow. Man, I am out of shape...

Lili
Old 08-06-2014, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, everyone, for your encouragement on my restart.

Lili, hello! Way to go on losing two pounds last week! Many of us here take baby steps working up to exercise. When I first started exercising I could do only five minutes of my aerobic walking DVD at a time and worked my way up to thirty minutes. I got out of the habit of exercising again and am now up to 15 minutes stamina--will try 16 minutes today. Just do what you can and try to add just one minute or so at a time when you feel you can.

Jenai, what great news on your eye problem! Those steroid drops worked great and quickly for me several years ago when I had inflamation due to a corneal erosion that led to an ulcer on my eye. You can reverse that 200 calorie overage with vigilance. You've done it in the past and you can do it again. I don't like logging, but I have to be sure to stay in my needed calorie range to make it to Onederland. So I'll bite the bullet and do it. I hope your kids' first day back to school went well and that you'll get enough sleep tonight.

Mike, you are doing great, too.

Jenn, kudos on the walking and exercise from taking out the garbage. I hope you can keep control of your glucose level. Are you on or off the meds or taking them sometimes?

Hope, you're doing well on your restart, too. We're both down a pound this week so far. Thanks for your kind words about my daughter's predicament. Being a parent isn't easy sometimes. But we've gotten through worse situations in the past and I'm confident we will survive this as well. We don't always do something big for our anniversary--it usually IS just dinner with the two of us alone. Glad you had dinner with your DH to celebrate.

Annette, thanks for the further info. Wishing you good health management from here on out! Your cranberry orange muffins sound delicious. That reminds me--I need to make some flaxmeal muffins to help me stay on track--they help keep me out of my husband's snack cakes and cookies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.