Notices

Motivational and Sticking Together Thread (7/28-8/3)

Old 07-30-2014, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, what kind of new plan are you going to do? And what holidays are coming up for you?

LilivonShtupp, glad to have you here! We are here for some motivation and accountability. It has helped me a lot to be able to talk to like-minded people, get encouragement, ideas, and just become friends.

Me? I'm praying it's because of that totm, but I've gained nearly 4lbs since Friday! And although I've had some snacks and things, I haven't been eating a lot overall. But maybe I'm just fooling myself. I haven't logged anything for a few days, which is not like me at all. So I'm hoping it's just monthly bloat. That would be extremely discouraging if it were permanent. But really, I'd have to eat SOOOOO many calories to 4 lbs, and in just a few days?? I'm sure it will come off. But I doubt it will happen by weigh in day Friday.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Lili - Glad you joined us! It's a little quiet around here right now (summer holidays?) but it'll pick up again so stick with us! What's your plan to lose the 50 by the end of December? Are you going to pair exercise with diet?

Jenai - The dreaded totm!! I'm with you girl! I have mid-cycle weight gain/bloat/cramping and then again at totm! Every 2 weeks! So much fun eh!?!?! LOL!

As for me...I'll be starting 21 Day Fix tomorrow...hopefully? I just bought it used and I'm hoping I can arrange to go pick it up tonight. I'm going to pair up the 21 Day Fix workouts with the food containers/system that comes along with the package AND also add running back into my routine as well. I've become a little bored with the circuit style workouts I had been doing, so I want to try something different. The holidays I have coming up are for the entire month of August!! I work today and tomorrow and then I'm off until the kids go back to school at the beginning of September! So excited! We have a few things planned like camping, amusement park, time with friends and family. It'll make following any kind of program difficult, but I'll just have to try my best right?!?!

It is so quiet around here! Not very motivating! I even went to check out another weight loss site/forum to see what it was like. That's right....I almost cheated on you all! It was crazy!! So many people posting that it's hard to keep up with the conversations! Even though it's quiet here, I prefer a smaller group of people. I feel like I've actually got to know people here and remember their names and what's going on in their life. So I'm sticking with fitday baby!!

Having said that....Libby, Bea, Mern, Jenn, Mary, Aimee, Terri, Mike, Nyda, Hope...come back!!! And to all you lurkers (you know who you are....I see all the views our check in thread gets! ) feel free to post!

Have an awesome day all!
Old 07-31-2014, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I've gone and look at other forums now and again too. But they are so busy that I would never keep up with what's going on. I'm with you. I prefer a small group where I know everybody's name. I hope they all come back soon!

You were also right about viewers. Lurkers out there...join us and jump in!

What's going on with me. I'm afraid to weigh myself. I'm hungry too. It's not even 8am yet so I should go back to sleep instead of raiding the kitchen. (8am is still night time for me.) I hope to do better today. I haven't been eating balanced at all. I haven't been drinking my shakes/milk very much either. Those are a really good source of protein and fiber for me.

I just had a flash memory of a quick dream I had earlier. I dreamt I had lost enough weight that I could start to see glimpses of my former self in the mirror. Now I just have to really do it and stop dreaming about it!
Old 07-31-2014, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai - You're not dreaming lady! You're doing it! Hang in there...ride the waves...you'll come out on top. If it makes you feel better, I'm avoiding the scale too. I still haven't heard back from the person I'm buying 21 Day Fix from. I really want to pick it up tonight so I have something new to try tomorrow!
Old 07-31-2014, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Woohoo! I just heard back from her and I pick up the package today! I'll do the first workout tomorrow and do my best with what I know already about the nutrition part. I'll try to refine the nutrition part over the weekend.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the shout out Debbie!

Little update... my diet still sucks. I was working out (in the gym) 2 days a week. Not near what I should be doing but I have been doing some work on the property. Yes, we finally closed on it. I've cut down quite a few junk trees, cleared some brush and trimmed up some of the good trees. Right now, to cut the grass with the riding mower we have is taking all of 3 hours. I've cut it some but have been letting the wife (God that sounds odd to say that) or the chirrens ride the mower while I swing machete and weed eater, cut trees etc. It sounds like easy work but it's been wearing me out. In some areas the trees are wrapped up with vines so when I cut them down, it's a struggle to pull them out with all the vines. I haven't weighed myself lately but I'm sure I'm around 205 (maybe more).

Right now my back is out. I was doing squats yesterday morning at the gym. Only made it through 2 light sets and I was out of commission.

Monday I'll start back logging. I won't have many goals but I do plan on logging for the entire week. I haven't done that in many MONTHS!!!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome. For those of you ladies that said you have been avoiding the scale. Boy can I relate to that. I see some of you have really dropped a lot of weight already and look like you are close to your goal. Congrats!

My diet plan to start with is to cut back on calories and eat healthier. Just in the last couple of months I have noticed how bad I have let my eating habits get. I love that this site has a food log and recommended calorie intake for weight loss. I have seen some experts say that food logs are not good because they are not realistic for long term weight loss maintenance. I feel like it is what really keeps me accountable. I definitely want to add exercise. I used to be more active in California, but moving to the east coast with the snow and super hot humid summer, I have really slowed my activity. I am much more of an indoor activity girl now - movies & pedicures instead of beaches & outdoor excursions. I am open to suggestions for exercise ideas. If it is too boring I will not do it regularly.

Lili
Old 07-31-2014, 09:51 PM
FitDay Member

Lili, just like anything else in the world, if you make keeping a log a daily habit there's no reason why it can't help with lifelong success. I wouldn't buy into most of the "experts'" opinions. They're usually the ones trying to sell a miracle pill. As far as exercise suggestions, why don't you start out with some aerobics type exercise? There's a lot of good free workout videos on YouTube. Debbie put up a great post here for starting a good exercise routine. Otherwise, you can get videos from beachbody.com. They have something for almost anyone. Before I recently hurt my back I was doing Slim in 6, and Debbie is getting ready to start the 21 Day Fix (both by beachbody). Keeping a log and keeping track of your calories is a great place to start with your weight loss. It can be really eye opening!

Debbie, let me know how the 21 Day Fix goes for you. I bet you'll rock it out!

I'm thinking I may not weigh in tomorrow. I don't know. Maybe I just better do it and face the music. (evil music!) I'm still hoping my gain is attributed mainly to monthly bloat. We'll see how next week goes. And I've been really bad about logging. I usually do it religiously, but this past week I haven't logged anything, and i know that will get me into a LOT of trouble. I need to recommit to logging. I do so much better overall when I do.

You know, I STILL am having pain in my back from when it went out a while ago. If I sit the wrong way or don't sleep just the right way, I pay the price for it. The other day I slipped on a wet spot on the kitchen tile and practically did the splits before I was able to stop myself. That didn't make my back feel good either. I'm just so afraid it will go out completely again. I don't know how to get over this fear.

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 07-31-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning I was going to stay off the scale today, but decided to face the music. Unfortunately I'm up...which is no surprise since I really haven't been tracking calories or exercising much in the past week. It sucks...but I'm owning up to it. No point in burying my head in the sand....I'll still be the same weight either way! LOL!

Jenai - Sorry to hear you're still dealing with back pain. I'm scared of reinjuring my shoulder too! Just do what you feel is best for you...listen to your body. Walking is great exercise too if your back can tolerate it!

Mike - Another one with a back injury! Sorry to hear you're hurt as well! Sounds like you're making good progress at your new home! Hoopefully you feel better soon so you can keep moving forward.

Lili - What kind of indoor exercise do you like? Do you like dancy kind of workouts or are you more of a yoga/pilates kind of girl? You should definitely check out the link that Jenai put up! In addition to that, there is an awesome website fitnessblender.com where they have tons of free workouts! Check it out!

Only a few more hours at work and then I'm off for a month of holidays!!! WOOHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

I bit the bullet and got on the scale. Lost all the monthly bloat, but nothing extra. It's my own fault. I need to log better this week. I'm usually really really good at logging, even when I'm not being good I usually still log. So I don't know what my problem was this week. Gotta stop it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.