Notices

Accountability and Motivation Thread - July 21 - 27

Old 07-24-2014, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I took things down a notch today and did 2 different Blogilates workouts (pilates based youtube workouts). First time ever! Even though it wasn't my usual intense workouts, I'm still considering it a successful day of exercise. 7 days in a row!!
Old 07-24-2014, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Where is everyone? Not a very motivating 'motivational thread' if there are only a few posting! LOL!
Old 07-25-2014, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi. Missed yesterday day. I was just so tired last night.I did not get anything done at home. We had left overs, crock pot pork loin and rice cooked in chicken broth. I had a good morning with the scale lost 2 pound.
I have to work again today, but Saturday I will get the asparagus and onions in the ground.
Will post more this evening. Oh I am giving myself a challenge today. To leave work with out buying anything all day. Last night it dog and cat treats.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry I skipped for a while. I haven't been feeling well. I was having a bad attack of being wired too tight (in simple terms) and wasn't tired for over 30 hours. I finally fell asleep last night and feel a little better this morning. I could use a few more zzz's though.

I lost 2 lbs this week, and honestly I have no idea how the weight is coming off. I've been eating A LOT of calories. More than my target of averaging 1500...by A LOT. I'm not complaining, and I'm certainly not going to fight it. But I am baffled. I know I need to get a reign in on my calories before the scale starts rebelling against me.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

btw, I edited my signature with a change to my ONEderland goal. It was 10/31, but when I did the math that meant I would have to lose 2.5lbs/wk for the next 14 weeks. I think that's way too much pressure. I changed it to 12/25...my Christmas present to myself! With that date I need to lose 1.5lbs/wk until then. That's a little less daunting and more realistic. Even then it will be a challenge to keep up the losing every single week. I want to not be afraid to take pics with my family this year at the holidays. That would be a good present.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jenai I think that's wise to change your goal date. Not a good idea to put too much pressure on ourselves, but smart to make a goal to strive for. Just think how proud you're going to feel at Christmas!!! At this rate, I have no doubt that you'll achieve your goal!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Cool

Mind if I join?

I just started today but I'm feeling good so far. It is only 2pm so I have to rest of the day to make better changes.

I mostly sit down at work so I have been making sure to get up and walk about a few times. Drinking water and such.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Margaux! Welcome aboard!

I have news. It's happening fast, but I'm still trying to take it slow...kind of a contradiction there, huh? My daughter and I are starting a business together. She's only 12.5, but how blessed am I that this is something we can do together?! And what an amazing experience this will be for her, learning all about business at such a young age.

You all are going to scream bloody murder at me though. I promise I will be good and not let it get away from me...or add on to me. One thing that I am extremely good at is baking, and she is too. We are going to start a home baking business of non-perishable goods like cookies, muffins, sweet breads, brownies, bar desserts, etc. Nothing that has to be refrigerated because that just wouldn't be likely out of a home kitchen, and also nothing frosted is allowed such as cakes and cupcakes, but that's ok...that's not where my talents lie. But as long as it's non-perishable all it takes is registration with the state health board and each of us getting a food handler's license, and each item must have specific (but easy) information disclosed on a label. And it will take minimal investment.

I know when I bake things I have an impossible time saying no to eating too much. However, I think because the items will be earmarked "for sale only" it will be the mental barrier I need to keep my fingers off. My daughter can be the taste-tester.

Go ahead. Start yelling at me. But my daughter and I are excited, and I think I can balance my weight loss/eating plan with being a great baker. This is a starter business that our income is not depending on. It's just to keep me busy and maybe both of us making some spending money. So I think it will low enough stress that I also won't stress eat. We're trying to figure out a way to get my son involved too.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Margaux! Glad you decided to join us! I too sit down all day at work, so I try my best to get in exercise on a daily basis. Feel free to koin in on the 10 Minutes of Exercise a Day Challenge!. I put up a rotation to follow this week and if there is enough interest, I may put up another rotation soon. Give it a try! Nothing to lose but some weight!

Jenai - How exciting! Will you sell your baked goods at a farmers market booth? Congratulations and all the best in your new business venture!!
Old 07-25-2014, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, Thanks for not berating me! lol I'm looking into 2 events in November right now, but I think they might be too big for us to bake enough stuff in my single oven kitchen for 2 days. But I'm going to try to find church bazaars, little craft/art shows, maybe a farmers market (after all, everything will be made from whole foods!), that kind of thing. I also signed up for a site that is a county-wide market venue where you can peddle your wares. Maybe give as gifts to teachers and things with our adorable labels that I have yet to create lol. Also take samples to my daughter's softball games and such. Just little by little, friend to friend word of mouth. And keep our fingers crossed and hope it works!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.