Notices

Accountability,Motivation and Support 7-14 - 7-20

Old 07-18-2014, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

NSV--went to Starbucks today (monthly coffee get-together with friend) and only had iced coffee. With milk and sweetners. Barista asked if I wanted a cookie and I declined. So many delicious things right at eye level.
Jenn
Old 07-18-2014, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn - Nice NSV!!! So hard to say no when something is right in front of you! Good job!

I'm happy to report I just got in my first workout for my 46 day challenge! It was a40 minute cardio circuit workout. I'm quite drippy!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Typing one-handed, holding great-granddaughter away from my keyboard because she won't quit messing with it.

Will try to catch up later but for now:

Jenai--good plan of attack on your food issues

Debbie, kudos on the exercise
Old 07-18-2014, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

I was supposed to have the day off babysitting, but my granddaughter's mother-in-law forgot to tell her she couldn't babysit today, plus granddaughter has to work both her full time job and part time job back to back today because someone called in absent at one of her jobs. I was able to sleep in until 8:30AM when my granddaughter called and asked if I could pick up the baby before her husband had to leave for college classes. So I'm babysitting 9AM-10:30PM. Granddaughter was able to pop in for 20 minutes between jobs to visit the baby, though, and baby is being an absolute angel. She'll be 11 months old Tuesday and is the happiest and most docile baby I've ever taken care of. I have a break while my husband has her outside in the baby swing for a while.

I'm doing well foodwise, but the only exercise has been babysitting--but keeping up with her burns a lot of calories. Dinner will be either take-out restaurant food or leftovers, but I'll do it on my food plan.

Jenai, hey, girl!!! OMG I KNEW YOU WOULD DO IT!!! That 1.8 lb. loss is super-dooper FANTASTC!!! But YOU EARNED THAT--it wasn't a gift from the weight gods. LOL I'm positive that if I was up all night with sleep problems a lot I'd have to completely revamp my eating plan--like maybe the 5-6 small meals that are recommended but that I have a hard time following because life gets in the way. Yeah, I know--most of the calories in a salad ARE in the salad dressing and whatever nuts or seeds we put in. How'd your dental appointment go? Oh, wow--way to go on your food management yesterday! Isn't it great to know how versatile you are?

Jenn! Major kudos on your control at Starbucks! I can't say no to the biscotti!

Nyda, I no nothing about horticulture. Is that virus contageous to other plants? Did you go to college to learn all that stuff?

Debbie, you are just plain awesome! Nothing can hold you down for long! That firm exercise recommittment PLUS restarting on a Friday! Kudos on that 40 minute drippy workout! I doubt anyone in our group would be offended by your graphic--if we can't giggle at ourselves we have a serious problem!

Bea! Wow! You have to be so proud of yourself for buying and successfully riding that bike. And I can't wait to follow in your footsteps and be able to show in my signature that I lost 57 pounds like you!
Old 07-18-2014, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Mern!! I never thought of it like that!

And to see someone post 57 pounds....... it is very different in print than it is verbalizing. Thank you

I thought I would share an awesome recipe (tweaked a bit for taste) I took a chance on today:

1 pot pasta

I used:
approx 1lb extra lean ground beef
1.5 bell peppers - in long strips
1 onion
4 cloves of garlic
about 6 leaves of basil cut up
28 oz can sodium reduced diced tomatoes
chili powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper ( to taste)
2.5 cups of water
1 box-bag approx 1lb (or a bit less) pasta noodles

I browned the beef first
once browned everything else in the pot (noodles and all)

Bring to a rapid boil.
Reduce heat and simmer approx 12 minutes. (Stir occasionally to ensure noodles don't stick together)
Turn off heat and let sit about 5-10 more minutes

Toss and serve ... sprinkle with Parm if so inclined

I REALLY like that is an all real sauce! (just 1 step removed from a tomato garden - which I don't have)
I used PC blue menu whole wheat noodles.

It was a tasty success...and SOO easy...and 1 pot wash up!

Last edited by simplybea; 07-18-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! It's 11 pm here and we're just back from the wedding. We had an awesome time and danced more than I thought I could in the high heels I was wearing! I drank more wine than intended but ate less than I normally would with the wine.....so a win I think? I'm setting my alarm for the am to get in my workout before the day gets in my way

See you all tomorrow!

Bea....57 lbs...WOW!! That's remarkable!!

Mern...I'm sure your grand-daughter appreciates all you do for her!!! I know I would You're such a good grandmother! All this time spent with your grandchildren and great grandchildren are memories in the making! They'll remember them for a lifetime!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn, Great NSV!

Mern, you are such a super grandma/great grandma! I hope everyone appreciates and loves you for all the wonderful things you do. Debbie is right...these will be their memories.

Debbie, Drank a little more than anticipated, BUT you didn't eat as much as you thought you might either. I call it a win.

I have an update. I weighed myself later in the afternoon after my night time sleep puffiness went away, and I did in fact manage an even 2 lb loss. I'm over the moon about that.

I've been doing extremely well with my eating plan today. Part of it is that all the chips and crap are gone. I had 2 graham crackers today and 4 large marshmallows, but other than that I ate right on target.

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 07-18-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:39 PM
FitDay Member

It's 3:30 a.m. and I'm hungry. I ate all of yesterday's food, and I don't want to start eating today's food this early in the morning because I'll run out of planned menu items before noon. I did a lot of sewing this afternoon, which kept my mind and my hands occupied for quite a while (another Pinterest experiment). But now I'm doing nothing but watching the British Open on tv, wishing there was still some chips or something left but so grateful there's not. I'm not in the least bit tired, so I don't know what I'll do about my hunger until I fall asleep.

One of my new (old) favorite things is apple with peanut butter. I'm really looking forward to having that later. And I've got some leftover Italian pulled chicken to make a sandwich with that is calling my name. But that's for lunch. Or dinner. One or the other. Definitely not yet though. grrrr What's a girl to do??? Uh oh. Now I just all of a sudden had oatmeal pop up in my head and now that sounds really good too. *sigh* it's going to be a long and hungry night.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I got my workout in again today. It was a 40 minute chest/back/cardio circuit. Awesome workout...but my shoulder had me holding back a bit. I lowered my weights and did my very best though, so hopefully my shoulder is okay.

Jenai - How did you fair out last night/early this morning? Have you ever tried herbal tea? There's one by Celestial Seasonings called Sleepytime Extra Tea? Here's a link to check out reviews in case you're interested. Maybe it would help you sleep and it you can't sleep maybe it will tied you over until it's time for breakfast? I love apples dipped in a mixture of Greek Yogurt and PB2 peanut butter! It's a nice nutty dip and reduces the calorie count rather than full on peanut butter.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, good for you for getting a workout in like you said you would. Yea you! I ended up eating a Hungry Girl bread with 1/2 c of melted cheese in between. It was really wonderfully tasty, but the cheese is really high in calories. It kept me satisfied though until I went to sleep at 6a.m. I just looove cheese!

I'm super hungry today, but I'm trying to ration out what I have on my meal plan over the long haul because I will likely be up all night again. I just had an Italian pulled chicken sandwich on a hungry girl bread. It was soooo tasty and I want another one. *sigh* It's pretty high calorie though, for chicken. I have left on my plan for the day a shake/milk, a single serving bag of popcorn and an apple with peanut butter. Not very much. I hope I can survive! This has to last me about 12 hours! I don't think it will.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.