Notices

Accountability,Motivation and Support 7-14 - 7-20

Old 07-16-2014, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all Feelin' blue this evening...I'm not sure why? Maybe it's hormones since it's that time of the month...not sure but I just feel down. I feel so discourage with my shape/weight. I was doing so good and looking forward to this summer feeling in shape....now I feel nothing near that! I can't stand being in my own skin again. I may be quiet for a while....I don't like to chat if I have nothing good to say. I'll be back when I'm feelin' my chipper self See you all soon....be good!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Me again....I've been doing some thinking since my last post and I think I may have an idea why I'm feeling down. I keep reflecting on how I felt a few months ago...how I as only 5 pounds away from my goal....how I'm now halfway back to where I started. Thinking about all of this is not conducive to working towards my goal....in fact I think it's having the opposite affect and it's making me feel down. I need to stop 'wishing' I was where I was a few months ago and start 'doing' what I was doing a few months ago to get me where I was. I've filed away all my workout logs, created a new start date with a weight loss goal and devised a 6 week workout plan to get me started again. It's sad really....I wished all winter for the warmer months and now that it's warmer, I'm wishing for the colder months because I find it easier to be structured during colder months. I'm really struggling!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hope this doesn't offend anyone....just sort of fitting for how I'm feeling

Old 07-16-2014, 05:20 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, some times we just need to forgive our selves for past mistakes and move on. I found your quote this week to be very inspirational and I look up
to you for all that you have accomplished. Sounds like we could both use a fresh start. I was feeling down today and had a bad binge this evening and I know it was the wrong thing to do. Tomorrow is a new day. Let's promise to do better.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all . Missed yesterday. Was not a good day. I took it easy and went to the nursery to see what was going on in the greenhouse. I had to spray for bugs. I also have a virus will need to get a different tomato to use in the green house at least next year.
To day I fertilized my plants and got some compost and shoveled it on the raspberry bed and the worked it into the soil with a spading fork. So I got in the exercise today. I am feeling better I was just so tired on Tuesday.
Just so you will know. The term loose as a goose came about because geese ( excuse my English) Shit everywhere. The Summer I raised four geese. I had to clean off the driveway almost every morning. They liked the heat at night, so that is where the slept.

Drink lots of water..m-y,t-y,w-y
Eat at least i veggie every day..m-y, t-y.w-n
log everything I eat..m-y,t-n.w-y
Post here every day..m-y,t-n,w-y

Nyda
Old 07-16-2014, 06:48 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I agree whole heartedly with what Libby said. Self-forgiveness and tomorrow is a new day. When I was so down recently you all were here to help me through it. I think all 3 of us need a fresh start. I like the quote/pic btw!

Nyda, You are doing very well on your goals so far this week. Sounds like you are really getting a lot of work done in the garden. You should post a pic of it. I never knew the origin of loosey goosey. That's funny. lol Or not...depending on if you're the one shoveling it or not.

Mern
, you are going to be soooo disappointed me. I didn't do 5 minutes. I am feeling so icky tonight. Maybe if I can't sleep and I'm up all night I can still get it in. Don't give up on me, though.

This is NOT a good day for me. I am soooo ravenous today. And I just feel like a big blob. I wonder if that totm is going to come early this month for me. That could be explaining things. I didn't think it could be at first, but it's possible since last month was a full week early. I don't have any other explanations on why I would suddenly feel so hungry. I feel like a bottomless pit. I had a respectable dinner tonight to keep my calories lower (3 oz of chicken salad on a Hungry Girl bread), but I was still hungry even before I got up from the table. I haven't had my Atkins with milk today. I am going to have one in a little while. I will be over 2000 calories today! but a lot of it was just empty calories too. Maybe that's why I feel so hungry, because I wasn't eating anything with protein or substance. Other days, though, I can go through the day just fine with the way I do things (2 Atkins, 1 full meal, 1 or 2 snacks), but today it isn't working at all. I know I will have a gain for weigh-in this week.

Be good to yourselves.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:48 PM
FitDay Member

I've been thinking about what my hang up is about getting back into exercising. I don't know if this is the case, but it occurred to me that ever since my back went out last month I am constantly thinking about it, being careful with every move, worrying that it will go out again. It does worry me since it went out when I wasn't even doing anything, and what could happen to it if I am doing something? When my back went out it was more painful than I could ever begin to tell you. Seriously without joking it was worse than being in labor. And I am fearful it will go out again and I'm afraid of going through that pain again. It finally crossed my mind to really think about how worried I actually am. And I don't know what to do to get over that fear.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, I know that my foot isn't nearly as serious as your back but when I couldn't put any weight on it for three days the pain would come and go. I was afraid to walk any where for fear I would have to crawl home. That is what stopped me from exercising. I would use the treadmill in the basement but it smells moldy and I can't be down there for long except to do laundry.
Finally this week I went out for a walk twice and I didn't have any problem.
Slow movement is better than none. Let's do this.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

I am working on getting my sewing room organized. It is going to take a while to get it all done but at least I will know what I have to work with when it is done. My exercise today will be walking up and down the stairs many times.
My meals are planned out so I know what I will be eating. Have a good day all.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai and Libby - Thank you both for your kind words and support It's funny that you're both talking about an injury that sidelined you from exercise and has made it hard to get back at it. I too was sidelined in May with my neck/shoulder/back thing! It got me off track and has caused me to seriously struggle for consistency again! I'm so afraid of hurting it again....I still get little reminders that it's still not really back to normal. Funny eh...it's like a house of cards...one card off and the whole thing comes tumbling down. I'm glad I'm not alone and I hope that we can all recover fully from our injuries and get back to exercising on a regular basis!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.