Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability, Motivation and Support 7/7 - 7/13 >

Accountability, Motivation and Support 7/7 - 7/13

Community
Notices

Accountability, Motivation and Support 7/7 - 7/13

Old 07-09-2014, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I was over in the morning (had a muffin). Had rice, salmon and garden salad for dinner so I don't notice any difference.
Ended up having scrambled eggs for lunch because by the time I got home I just wanted something that was easy to get ready. Should go and see what we have in the freezer for supper so I'm not "scrounging" around.

Jenn
Old 07-09-2014, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hope! Nice to see you! We all go off track sometimes. I find that I always do better when I log and post. Just get right back up.

Debbie, I'm with you on the pact. I for sure do better when I log. I also run and hide when I'm not doing well.

Jenn, I hope you find something good in the freezer. I hate those scrounge around nights. I usually get into trouble then. Good job on getting in all that water yesterday!

I have an NSV today. I pulled out a pair of stretchy pants that I haven't worn since winter. They were super tight all the way down my leg until the little flair at the bottom. Today, even though they're stretchy, there is actually a little wiggle room everywhere...waist, thighs and calves, all of it! Wow! This is just the type of motivation I need to keep me going. Can't wait to tell dh and kids!

With that NSV I will work even harder today to stay on track. I went to bed early last night (10). Even though I had been awake so long it still took me over an hour to fall asleep. But it was a really good sleep. Yesterday was a great day, and I'm hoping to do just as well today.

I really need to get back to exercising. The problem is when I'm wide awake and the most energetic is usually in the middle of the night when I can't exercise or I'll wake people up. I could try to force myself to do it earlier in the day, it's just so difficult to do when I'm lagging and not energetic. I've got to figure something out.

Ok everyone, have a great day!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 01:50 PM
FitDay Member

Ended up going out for dinner. While we had plenty of meat we didn't have any veggies except for peas in the freezer. I had chicken souvlaki, rice and greek salad. Salty but otherwise not too bad. Have to do food journal this week and write down my blood glucose readings at meals. It was within range 2 hrs after eating this meal! I was pleasantly surprised.
Jenn
Old 07-09-2014, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

Accountability Check In

Keep calories low - breakfast - Greek yogurt and blueberries and raspberries, lunch-skipped it, snack - air popped popcorn dressed with parm cheese...but I had double what I would normally have because I was hungry from skipping lunch and dinner-shrimp and asparagus....so probably around 1200-1300 cals?
Exercise a lot - 40 minutes skipping intervals...crazy intense!! Even my arms and legs were sweating!! I was literally a puddle of sweat after my workout!
Drink a lot of water - 48 oz...low again today

Another decent day...could have been better...could have been worse!

Jenai - Nice NSV!!! So awesome that you're seeing progress! Keep up the great work!

Mern
- How did you do with snacking tonight?

See you all tomorrow!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

I have been extremely hungry lately and drinking more water but I am still craving junk food mostly sweets. I hope to get a lot of house work done today and I have got my first load of laundry in, emptied the dish washer and reloaded it. I have pots and pans to wash and 2 bathrooms to clean. If I can get all that done today I will be happy. I decided not to worry about the food so much as long as I keep busy and drink water. That is going to be my focus for the present. I have put the scale away and won't be weighing in for a while.
I just want to get my level of stress down to a manageable level again.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

I) plan - yes
2) stick to it, acceptable substitutes allowed - my cousin came to visit and I ate more than planned
3) 6 glasses of water and with the weather we've had I need it- ?
4) walk, even short ones, when possible - no
5) stretch every day - yes twice
6) work first, play later - yes - ish, I cleaned the house for the visit
7) Spanish - yes

Plan:
breakfast:
oatmeal with berries, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds and flax seed oil or cereal and almond milk - cereal and almond milk

Lunch:
ham on gluten free bread, apple - ham on part of a multigrain roll

Dinner: grilled fish and veggies - yes but too much fish

Snacks: (choose 2 or 3)
100 calorie popcorn -no
raw cashews - no
homemade hummus over salad or with carrot sticks - yes but with full fat dressing
PLUS store hummus and chips and carrots and rosemary fig goat cheese with too many gluten free crackers

goat milk yogurt (better than it sounds) no
Old 07-10-2014, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the welcome back! I almost gave up on FD again today but I decided no I will stay. Libby, I have been so hungry lately tooo!!! Craving junk food but trying to get it under control. And I need to drink more water. I put the scale away and brought it back. But I liked not weighing myself all the time so maybe I will put it away again.

Last edited by canary52; 07-10-2014 at 02:18 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Plan:
breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries, coconut flakes and flax oil
lunch: ham, mustard, small amount of mayo and lettuce on gluten free bread
mid meal: Portobello mushroom and goat cheese on gf bread
dinner: grilled scallops or chicken and veg
snacks:
strawberries
100 calories popcorn
100 calories of nuts
2 tiny macaroons
Old 07-10-2014, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all After posting my accountability last night, I ended up indulging in some wine...which led me to munch on goldfish crackers. Not terrible, but certainly not good either. I was told yesterday by the kids summer camps that my son need a super hero costume for today and my daughter needed two...not one but two...cowgirl costumes for today. So I ended up putting together these costumes last night after the kids were in bed. I was able to dig up stuff from around the house for the most part, but needed to do a bit of sewing and then labelling everything. Phew! That stressed me out which is why I cracked open some wine mid-week. BUT....that was yesterday, today is a new day and I'm just going to get right back at it.

Libby - Do what you need to do for you...we've all taken a break from the scale from time to time...but I do hope you keep posting even if you're not weighing.

Hope - Funny you say you almost gave up on fitday again this morning....I kind of felt the same way. I find it motivating when there are a lot of us here posting, but when it's so quiet I don't feel the same effect. Glad you decided to stick around!! It woudl seriously be a ghost town right now if anyone of us stopped posting! It's Thursday already and I think only 6 of us have posted this week!

I'm going to focus on getting in more water today since I've been slacking the last 2 days on water....and to rehydrate after drinking wine last night.

Have an awesome day all!
Old 07-10-2014, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still here--just have been really busy the past couple days and too tuckered out in the evening to post. But except for a carb cheat a couple nights ago I'm very well on track with food and water--but not with formal exercise. My 12 and 10 year old grandkids are going to visit their father out of state for two weeks, so I'll be on vacation at home--no alarm clock going off in the morning. Babysitting my great-granddaughter is play time for me--I don't look on that as a duty. I really do need to get moving on exercise. Failed to do that this week and I'm sure that's why my scale hasn't moved all week--eating well enough to maintain my loss, but not to lose weight. Live and learn, Mern!

Originally Posted by canary52
... Philly cheese steak pizza, Chinese beef with broccoli, ice cream. Thing is, this stuff, besides making me gain weight, is making me feel crappy. And didn't taste that good BTW. Well Ok the ice cream did.

I got off one set of fibro meds and in order for me to see if I can do without them, I have to eat well and take care of myself so HERE I AM...
Hope, no need to come here with your tail between your legs. You tell others to not be ashamed to come here to post their shortcomings on certain days--how 'bout giving yourself the same forgiveness? You deserve it, you know. Question: do you what it is about the food you ate (in the above quote) -- like is it the carbs, sodium, processed food additives that make you feel bad? Best wishes on the fibro meds change. Your goals and menu yesterday look awesome! Congrats on your stretching yesterday and your -ish work first, play later and Spanish. Your food intake looked great to me. Full fat dressing works best for me--low fat has too many carbs for me because they take out the fat and add sugar. I don't understand--something wrong with too much grilled fish? Did it put you over in calories or too much mercury or what? I wanna come to your house and eat the menu you posted today, except for the popcorn. I love it but corn is taboo for me because I have no willpower to limit corn as a veggie or as popcorn. Ooooh--I have unsweetened coconut and zero cholesterol egg blend and artificial sweetener. I'm making myself some "plan legal" macaroons for snack tonight--and I'll have some protein with it.

Jenn, looks like you're eating pretty healthfully, even with the muffin for breakfast. Wow, that's great that your glucose was in range after eating chicken souvlaki, rice and greek salad.

Debbie, great job on your food and exercise--and awesome accountability on the wine and crackers. I have to tell you that posting to you that I had a carb binge evening snack the day before yesterday put accountability in mind--last night I chose a cold, lean pork chop and almonds with butter spray, artificial sweetener, and unsweetened cocoa powder for my evening snack. Wow, you're amazing putting together the costumes at the last minute like that--even sewing!

Jenai! Major kudos on the wiggle room in the skinnier stretchy pants! I keep having good intentions but haven't gotten back to formal exercise, either. I weighed this morning and haven't lost anything at all in the past week, but at least I didn't gain. A tenth of a pound loss tomorrow would make me happy, but it would be a scale fluctuation, not something I worked hard enough for.

Libby, maybe getting that stress level under control will also help with your food control. Do you find you crave sweets more when you're under stress? Huge supportive hugs to ya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.