Notices

Accountability, Motivation and Support 7/7 - 7/13

Old 07-11-2014, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

I thought I posted something but I can't see it so I will try again!
Last night we had stir fry. A good way to get more veggies in. Weighed myself this morning and I'm exactly the same as last week. Really need to up the exercise.

Jenn
Old 07-11-2014, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your night out with friends. You did a great job this week exercising and food wise and the scale reflected your efforts with a 5.4 pound loss. Congrats.
Mern, You showed real restraint at the buffet and were a good example for those prying eyes over your shoulder.
Jenai, The lental soup sounds yummy and I am going to try it this weekend.
Try frozen grapes dipped in yogurt and rolled in crushed pistachios. Yum
Hope, I put my scale away and my focus this week was eliminating stress,
and paying attention to my body and foods that I should avoid.
Nyda, I hope you get a good night sleep and wake up refreshed.
Jenn, Good choice on the stir fry for supper. Its nutritious and low cal. too.
I am going to make the black bean brownies and I will let you know how they turned out. Have a good day all.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I understand what you're talking about on the food planning. Right now I'm OK, but there are times when planning my menus puts food on my mind all darned day and leads me to grazing throughout the day, putting me at the top of my calorie range or over in carbs and calories. I'm trying to get to the point where rather than reporting what I'm GOING to eat, I'll be keeping on-plan food well stocked and reporting what I ALREADY ate. I think it will hold me more accountable without food being the focus of my whole day. I never thought of that--what DOES "to hell in a handbasket" mean? Oh, yeah, I forgot caffeine helps contribute to hot flashes--ergo the chocolate hot flashes. I didn't know about sugar's effect on fibro, but I know when I have a cold that dairy causes more congestion. Aw, that sucks about your reaction to tomatoes! I'm with you--deprivation almost always causes binges for me.

Debbie, happy anniversary to you and DH! I don't think we need to deprive ourselves of our favorite dishes or yummy choices at celebrations. Enjoy your anniversary dinner, have a great time. We'll see you right back on track tomorrow. I have no doubt. I say this over and over (you know that)--what my doc says is "You don't have to be perfect--just better than you USED to be." And you know what? My scale and my blood test results prove that to be true.

Jenn, I love stir-fry! Congrats on maintaining this weeki--it beats the heck of of GAINING! My one pound loss was just a gift from the scale--either water retention that cut loose or just a scale fluctuation from not having it in the exact same spot on the floor as I usually do. I don't just need to UP my exercise--I need to DO SOME. OK--I'm gonna swallow my pride and commit to an embarrassing 5 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. And certainly I'll have the stamina and willpower to do more--it's getting started to begin with that is the biggest mountain for me to climb.

Libby, thanks so much for your encouragement. I can really FEEL that support of everyone in our ununually small group of regular posters. Together we are strong! Those black bean brownies are DIVINE! So fudgy and those who didn't see you make it would never guess you used beans instead of flour.

Jenai and Libby, I went to the grocery store today to get the lentil soup ingredients that I'm going to make tomorrow. But in my case I'm making it low carb by using black soybeans instead of lentils. I'll put the carrots in the soup, but will serve the carrots just to DH. The store was out of Swiss chard, but I have fresh baby spinach and fresh kale. I think I will divide the soup when ready to add the greens and put the baby spinach in half and kale in the other to see which one we like best. But I'm guessing since kale takes longer to cook, it would be better to precook that and add it along with any leftover kale juices.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Quick check in...I just finished a wokout...it was a short one again because I'm short on time but I kept the intensity high for a fast 20 minute cardio burn on the elliptical. Off to the shower then out for dinner! See you all tomorrow!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! so much activity on here today. I love it!

Hope, you do what works for you. If counting and all that makes you feel deprived, then do like Debbie did and trust yourself to make the best choices you can.

Mern, congrats on your lb gone! I know the scale is stubborn for you, so one gone is so great! BBQ sounds good. Will you take the tortilla with you or do they offer those?

Debbie, Happy Anniversary!!! 15 years is awesome. Did you sign a contract to try for one more? lol, I got that from my parents and I now say the same thing to my dh, "Should we try for one more?" Have so much fun on your night out! And wow! What a weight loss this week! I'm envious of that! When I get my butt back exercising again I'm hoping I can achieve those same kinds of numbers.

Jenn, I know that I get frustrated and disappointed when I don't lose any (don't know if that's how you are feeling ?) and I remind myself that maintaining is better than gaining. so good for you for maintaining!

Libby, I really want to know how your black bean brownies turn out!

Nyda, so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope you are doing well now.

I've got my grocery list just about done for the week, but I'm thinking about trying the black bean brownies. My dd that recently moved out posted to facebook that she really wants home made chocolate chip cookies. Even though she didn't say, "Mom can you make me some cookies?" I know she meant it for me...home made chocolate chip cookies is one of my best specialties. I know I will have a few, so that's going to be a GIGANTIC challenge later in the week. Maybe I should plan black bean brownies for the following week so I don't completely derail.

And to whoever suggested the frozen grapes/yogurt/pistachios (I think it was Libby?)...oh yum! I am definitely going to try that this week!!!

Well, I am officially back on track with my weight loss. 2.4lbs down this week. I am ecstatic over that since last week I had been up a 1/2 lb. I've been having on average probably 1600 calories/day, and I still lost that much. That's amazing to me! 1500-1600 must be my "sweet spot" for weight loss. And I think that will be high enough to fuel any workouts that I hope to get in, so the exercise hopefully will show an extra bonus on the scale.

I don't know what I'm going to have for dinner tonight. I've got about 500 calories available, but it's take out night. That is a danger warning. I think I will just buy for the other 3 and have the leftover pulled bbq chicken in the refrigerator on a hungry girl bread. And maybe I'll find something to put on the side in the freezer or in the cabinet. maybe I'll make a single serving of rice or something.

I'm feeling really good about things. Such a difference it makes when I take my anti-depressant properly!!!

Let's keep this posting momentum going. I love to hear from you all!
Old 07-11-2014, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, great job on the workout! I hope you're having a marvelous time as I type this.

Jenai, major kudos on your 2.4 lb. weight loss this week! Change your weight in your signature here! So cool! And it's wonderful that you're feeling good since back on your meds properly. Let us know if you did indeed eat the chicken on flatbread and a side. I don't lose weight at 1200-1300 calories. 1500-1600 works best for me, too. Thanks for your encouragement on my one pound loss. I have to take my low carb bread with me to any restaurants here--but I decided to take a light Hungry Girl Foldit Flatbread at 8 net carbs vs. the 5 net carbs for the tortilla, and it turned out to be a great bread choice for the bbq beef brisket. Aw, so sweet that DD misses your homemade chocolate chip cookies. Mine never did come out as good as my little sister's. Some people just have that magic touch! You won't regret the black bean brownies.

At 8PM I'm still on track foodwise. Just had 3.4 net carbs of coconut macaroon cookie/candy made from only coconut, artificial sweetener, egg white, and almond extract. Maybe that planned (and pre-confessed) ice cream cheat was a carb trigger for me. I'd better eat something with protein and fat in an hour or so to carry me through until bedtime--maybe peanut butter stuffed celery.

Tomorrow I'm trying a recipe for low carb zucchini bread. DH said he planted too much, so I'll be looking up more zucchini recipes, but we will also give some zucchini to friends and neighbors.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check in. Mern, since you asked I did indeed eat the pulled bbq chicken on a hungry girl bread. But I did not get take out. I made cheese raviolis with sauce with ground beef in it for everyone. I had only 5 pieces of ravioli and less than 1/4 c of sauce with just a spoonful of burger. I had 500 calories to play with and I came in at 489. Yea me!

So far I am still on track for the day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It will be a long night.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the weight loss Jenai! No, I know that I could've done better this week and in order to get a loss I should've exercised more. As Mern said it's not a gain.
Jenn
Old 07-11-2014, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

hello all. I have yet to post on the Friday weight in. sadly I had a 3 pound gain. Depression saps me of energy and all I want to do is eat. I did not to to bad food wise today. Ii was at work and and to busy to do much else. I got in 9,000 steps today
Supper tonight was 1 med grilled sirlone pork chop, fresh veggies mostly from my garden. and a small bowl of reduced fat blue bunny ice cream.

Mern yes it is a migraine drug
Hope when my mom became diabetic she started getting rashes form the tomatoes. After a bit of not eating them. She was able to eat them cooked like on pizza or pasta.

Goals for the week
drink lots of water-m-y,t-y, w-y,t-y,f-y
log everything I eat-m-y,t-n,w-n could not stay on computer long.t-y.f-y
Post everyday.-m-y,t-y,w-n, t-y,f-y

I have to go and feed the dog her pills will log in tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:21 PM
FitDay Member

Regarding the Crock Pot Lentil Soup that a couple of you said you were going to try. I thought I'd give you the link to the original recipe in case you are the type (like me) who likes to see pics along the way. Click here for recipe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.