Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability, Motivation and Support 7/7 - 7/13 >

Accountability, Motivation and Support 7/7 - 7/13

Community
Notices

Accountability, Motivation and Support 7/7 - 7/13

Old 07-08-2014, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

I hope I addressed everyone correctly. Sometimes I get caught posting a reply on a certain subject to the wrong person.

Libby, we're just glad to have you back whether you have time to reply or not. Aw, what rotten luck about the power failure--wishing you a wonderful, refreshing sleep tonight! Quite an athletic son you have! How proud you must be! I don't have emotional eating issues, but I do indulge more in sweets when I'm home alone because my family can't see me doing it. I, too, find that if I'm overly strict during the day I tend to eat more high calorie and high carb foods in the evening. Depriving oneself of food doesn't keep blood sugar stable, so when the blood sugar plummets we crave more carbs. But I know you know that and I understand where you're coming from because I've been there before and will visit there again sometime, I'm sure. I agree that if you think you may have a problem with depression you probably are depressed. Don't apologize for "rambling on"--we're here for support. You can talk as much as you want or need to.

Jenn, I love coleslaw, too--either creamy or the kind with vinegar and sweetener. Congrats on your productive day including exercise, good food, and writing.

Debbie, wonderful Monday report. You worked hard and ate nutritiously and on track. Thanks for your sweet words about my grandson's comment on my weight loss. Kids ARE brutally honest sometimes. My age number doesn't bother me at all, but a couple days ago that grandson's 12 year old moody, hormone-riddled sister asked, "How are you, Grandma-65?" I said "Sure." She replied, "Boy, you're old." Then when I told her I'm actually 68 she said, "Boy, you ARE old!" I just smiled and told her I hope she's as healthy as I am when she's my age. Aw, I know it's easier said than done, but try to look forward to your NEW lowest weight since tracking on FitDay and don't fret about your past low being gone. Know that you did it before and you can do it even better THIS time around. Oh, my goodness! MAJOR KUDOS on the early morning workout! If I put off exercise until evening, I don't get it done, either. Sometimes I'm just too tired from the day's activities with my grandkids or am babysitting my great-grandbaby. Oh, happy anniversary on Friday in case I forget. Have a wonderful time at dinner with friends. I'll bet you a nickel you'll be right back on track the next day. Mine and DH's anniversary is July 24--43 years for we old-timers. We're going on a day trip on a motorcoach bus to a Big Band concert about two hours away and it includes dinner theater style supper. I'm giving myself permission to eat what I want that day, but don't intend to wildly binge.

Nyda, I'm glad you had a wonderful party. OK, so you enjoyed the cake. I hope the depression keeps getting lighter until you feel happy every day. We're all glad you are a part of our group--you make our thread a better place. I love your simple goals--and you know what? I'll bet you'll meet those goals most days this week. Like my doctor says: "You don't have to be perfect--just better than you USED to be."

Jenai, thanks for your kind words about my grandson's compliment, too. Great job on making the lentil soup. Lots of nutrition in that shake and milk. I'll have to take a look at your recipe. I'm thinking lentils are too high carb for me, but I'm good at adapting recipes to my doctor's guidelines. Being better than you used to be on junk food is surely something to be proud of and it IS successful. I don't have much advice on salty snacks because I'm more into sweet snacks, but I have cut down on my daily sodium intake to help fight water retention. I use Morton Lite Salt for all my cooking except for soups and pasta water--in soup and pasta it has an icky flavor, but in everything else it tastes like salt. I use low sodium or sodium free beef and chicken bouillon in soups. Mrs. Dash has a nice line of seasonings--all sodium free. I buy low sodium turkey and ham deli meats. Lemon juice also is good to spritz on some foods to cut down on salt. Your chicken dish sounds great! I often put broccoli in a chicken and pasta casserole. Ooh, I'm rooting for you to stay within your calorie target. C'mon--you can do it! Cool that you can talk to a nutritionist on the phone. Ask her for lower sodium advice--maybe she/he has some great tips to pass on to you. I love your posts--no need to ever apologize. No one is forced to read all the posts--there are times some of us have time to just skim the posts and that's perfectly OK. So post away with no reservations.

I didn't get my food planned today except for dinner and evening snack, but so far I've eating according to my food plan:

Breakfast was ham and zero cholesterol egg on half a low carb flatbread.

Lunch was a veggie burger with grilled onions and peppers on the other half of the low carb flatbread

Snack was unsalted almonds with butter spray, artificial sweetener, and cinnamon. Would probably be great warmed up to enhance the flavor.

Dinner will be chicken salad (chicken, onion, celery, zero cholesterol egg, with a dressing of store-bought creamy spinach dip) and a side of cooked broccoli, and sliced tomatoes.

Evening snack: protein shake and green pepper with reduced fat cream cheese
Old 07-08-2014, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, I had to cut back on sodium and when I started to look at the labels it's in EVERYTHING!! You can buy no sodium chicken broth, canned tomatoes (which works just fine for spaghetti because I'm adding seasonings anyway). Just go through your house and check the nutritional contents. Maybe for the popcorn by an airpopper and measure out a single serving size.

It was creamy coleslaw and yes it was homemade.
Jenn
Old 07-08-2014, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Accountability Check In

Keep calories low - Monday...Greek yogurt and raspberries, lunch-large homemade chicken cesar salad, snack - small bag of pretzels (I didn't bring enough to work and got hungry...oops!), snack2-air popped popcorn dressed with parm cheese and dinner-black beans with salsa and cheese....so probably again around 1000-1200 cals?
Exercise a lot - 40 minutes skipping intervals
Drink a lot of water - 48 oz....a little low today...I'll aim for more tomorrow but it's almost bedtime so I don't want to down a bunch of water!

Another good day in my books!

Mern - How did you do sticking to your meal plan today?

Jenn - good suggestion to read labels. It's shocking to find out how much sodium is in some things!!

Have a good evening all! Hopefully there are more posters tomorrow...it's way too quiet around here this week!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

A good day food wise although I'm over on carbs. Still healthy choices. Should've got some exercise in but I got 7 glasses of water in today.
Jenn
Old 07-08-2014, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

Evening all. Dog woke us up today. The propane guy was here. So we have our winter heat and it is paid for. I had a lazy day. We did dishes and worked on projects. Had to go 17 miles to the vet today and get more Snovi G4 for the dog. I know that is why she still can run and get up and down off the bed and so on. She is not in a lot of pain most days. It is good to see her out t here running. Maybe there is hope for me.
I did okay today on food. Will have a banana soon. I will out shoveling dirt for a couple of hours tomorrow. Have to get my berry beds ready.

Goals for the week
drink lots of water-m-y,t-y
log everything I eat-m-y,t-n
Post everyday.-m-y,t-y
Old 07-08-2014, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn, you're right. I need to pay more attention to labels, and I need to be conscious of choosing low-sodium options in canned goods and stuff (I usually do, but not always).

Debbie, great job on the early morning workout!!!

Today was my best day in a while on sodium...less than 2000mg. Fitday says I should be at about 1500mg. I've got a lot of work to do.

Talked to my health coach today and I totally forgot I have a glucose meter and haven't been checking it at all. I checked it this morning and it was 105. I'm super happy with that. And that's without being on Metformin. If I can keep my numbers lower like that, then I'm pretty confident I won't have to go back on meds. It's amazing what diet and exercise can do for our health!

I had a great day calorie-wise. Less than 1400. I made the most amazing dinner tonight. And Mern, it's only got 1 Tbsp of flour per serving, so I think you could try this one. It's for onion/mushroom/dijon chicken. It was an absolute Pinterest success, and my whole family kept saying over and over how much they liked it while eating. Check out the recipe here. The only thing I did different was use dried thyme instead of rosemary. I'm not a big rosemary fan. I had broccoli and just one bite of my restaurant-worthy garlic mashed potatoes. They were the bomb! But I only had a taste, so I was happy about that too. I've been up for all but 3 of the last 29 hours, so I am going to bed early and hopefully will finally be able to fall asleep. That's why my calories are a lot lower...I am not having my night time atkins with milk.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Here I am tail between my legs, two days late and how many pounds up. Once again, I got rebellious. Tired of planning and logging, determined I could trust myself to eat right and instead I ate every damaging thing in sight and a few I had to go seek out: Philly cheese steak pizza, Chinese beef with broccoli, ice cream. Thing is, this stuff, besides making me gain weight, is making me feel crappy. And didn't taste that good BTW. Well Ok the ice cream did.

I got off one set of fibro meds and in order for me to see if I can do without them, I have to eat well and take care of myself so HERE I AM.

Jenai, don't beat yourself up please. So many of us have needed help or encouragement and have reached out and people here reach back. You guys reach back. Thank you all. We're in this together.

Mern. I love your grandson's comment!! What a sweetie he is!!!

Couldn't read it all, will catch up.

Last edited by canary52; 07-09-2014 at 01:26 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

I) plan
2) stick to it, acceptable substitutes allowed
3) 6 glasses of water and with the weather we've had I need it
4) walk, even short ones, when possible
5) stretch every day
6) work first, play later
7) Spanish

Plan:
breakfast:
oatmeal with berries, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds and flax seed oil or cereal and almond milk

Lunch:
ham on gluten free bread, apple

Dinner: grilled fish and veggies

Snacks: (choose 2 or 3)
100 calorie popcorn
raw cashews
homemade hummus over salad or with carrot sticks
goat milk yogurt (better than it sounds)
Old 07-09-2014, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Hope I'm glad you posted! The scale is up for me too...so you're not alone! I think we all do the same thing...when we are off our own personal plan, we don't post here. Maybe we should all make a pact...even if we aren't doing well, no hiding...just put it all out there. Maybe that way we won't get as far off track?

Well I started the day with my usual yogurt and berries (tastes like desert to me! ) and will be getting in a workout sometime today. Have a great day all and I'll check back in later for accountability.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

I don't have time to answer everyone right now. I'll be back later to catch up.

Jenn, way to go on your food and water. How do you feel today considering the bit of carbs overage. I didn't sleep well because of a bad carb cheat in the evening--I've noticed my dreams aren't as pleasant and I wake up more often following a carby evening snack.

Nyda, that's wonderful that you have your propane for the winter and your dog is doing well. Kudos on all the calories you're burning with all the work you do!

Jenai, congrats on your wonderful glucose number without meds! Thanks for the chicken recipe link. I'll definitely check that out.

Debbie, congrats on your food and exercise yesterday! I did not do well sticking to my meal plan yesterday after dinner. For dinner I had the low carb, low cholesterol chicken salad (boy, what it yummy!) on low carb flatbread and skipped the veggies although I love them--just wasn't hungry enough for a full meal. But then I cheated badly in the evening with an apple and cinnamon iced/frosted Danish roll AND a snack cake. Perhaps those veggie carbs I skipped would have helped to keep my blood sugar more stable so that I didn't crave sweets in the evening. I'll do better today.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: cherry dairy blend (like yogurt but with only 4 net carbs per 6 oz. container. I also mixed in some unsalted sunflower seeds.

Snack: protein shake

Lunch: leftover chicken salad on half serving of low carb flatbread, celery with soy nut butter

Snack: almonds

Dinner: meatloaf, green beans, spinach based tossed salad with low carb ranch dressing

Snack: protein shake and green bell pepper spread with reduced fat cream cheese

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.