Notices

Accountability, Motivation and Support 7/7 - 7/13

Old 07-07-2014, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Jenn. Kudos on the walking and stairs exercise in the hot and muggy weather. Glad your Mom isn't sick other than her usual health issues. Oops, taking a reminder from you on the water. I've been drinking some water today, but not enough.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. First off I want to thank you all for your kind words and support. We had a power failure for 5 hours last night and I didn't go to sleep till the power came back on this morning. I tried to get on the internet but it wasn't working till late this afternoon. I had a lot of catch up reading to do but I don't have time to reply right now. Catch you later and have a good day.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Mern - What a sweet boy!!! So nice to receive such a nice compliment since (I know all too well) kids are brutally honest...your weight loss must really show! Congrats on your progress!

Jenn - Sounds like you got in some nice informal exercise today! Great job!

Libby - Nothing quite like being awake all night eh!?!?! Awful!! I hope you catch some good z's tonight! Maybe you can take a sleeping aid just for tonight so you're ensured a good nights sleep?

Where is everyone else? Hope, Mary, Aimee, Terri, Mike, Nyda, Bea...anyone else I missed? Where are you all!

Accountability Check In

Keep calories low - this is hard to report on since I don't want to count calories but I had a meatless Monday...breakfast -banana & almond milk, lunch-large Greek salad, snack-air popped popcorn dressed with parm cheese and dinner-black beans with salsa and cheese....so probably around 1000-1200 cals?
Exercise a lot - 30 minutes elliptical and 30 minutes skipping intervals
Drink a lot of water - 64 oz....could have been more, but could have been worse!

I like these nondescript goals....it takes the pressure off trying to hit a certain target and just allowed me to do what I could today without feeling guilt. Let's see how tomorrow goes!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

I just looked back at my past weigh ins and it's only been 9 short weeks ago that I was at my lowest since tracking here on fitday. 9 weeks.....crazy how much damage one can do in only 9 weeks! I wonder if it will take me 9 weeks to get it back off? I'm about to find out!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

GOALS
1. Keep within carb limit nO
2. 4 servings of fruit/veggies no
3. Exercise 4X for 30 min yes-ish

Personal goals
Clean hall closet
Tidy and dust bedroom yes

Mom and I weren't that hungry for dinner so we ended up having hamburgers (homemade) and coleslaw. Water wasn't in my goals since it's pretty easy to get 6 in when it's hot (and I did). Laundry is folded just not put away. A productive day! Even got some writing in.
Jenn
Old 07-07-2014, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all. I had a good but not so good week. I worked hard all week to get yard in shape for party. It was a nice one. I ordered to much cake. I ate cake every day b between Thursday and Monday today. cake is gone. I can now handle my cake craving for awhile. I have had a ruff early summer. I know I have been more depressed lately then usually. I hope I am finely past that.
I know that If I did not have t his site to come to. A place where I have to be accountable to myself and others. It would be different and much more difficult and probable not be loosing at all. Thank You everyone.

Jenai I like the quote, and like you it fits me this last week. Glad to hear your back is feeling better.

Debbie I had a bad week as well. I am determined to get the weight down.

Mern you are 100% aright about this being a place to tell all and not be judged.

Goals for the week
drink lots of water
log everything I eat
Post everyday.

Nyda
Old 07-07-2014, 05:44 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, just stick your mind to it and you'll get there before you know it. It doesn't matter if you've got 5 lbs to lose or like me and have over 100 to go, we're all in the same boat of trying to learn to stay in control and listen to our bodies.

Jenn, sounds like you've been working well on your goals. Housework and stairs are exercise, you're getting in lots of water, got some writing done, some errands...you been busy!

Mern, what a great compliment, especially for a 10 year old to take notice! Your efforts are paying off!

Nyda, Don't tear yourself up over having too much cake. I hate it when there's leftover treats in my house too because I can't keep my hands off baked goods! Just get right back up again. Glad to hear the yard and party were nice for you!

I had another good day today so far. I've got a long way to go before I fall asleep (usually sometime between 2 and 4 a.m.) and all my food for the day is eaten except my night time atkins and milk. I hope I can last through and not start taking a bite of this and that. I had 4 cookies today, which I wish I'd only had 2. I had two in the middle of the night last night and 2 more this afternoon. That was my one off-kilter moment. I had a good lentil soup for dinner (I posted the recipe and pic) that was tasty and healthy for not very many calories. I limited myself to 1 piece of cornbread, which was really hard to do! Had my popcorn, had my shake and milk this morning and I had 1 more indulgence of 1.5oz of chips. All in all, not a bad day. I'm pretty happy with it. It seems like I've had a lot of junk food snacks, but I have a single serving bag of popcorn, 1.5oz of chips is not very much, and I do admit I should have stuck to just 2 cookies.

After looking at this from a different perspective, I guess I do eat too much junk still. But I guess what I'm happy about is that even though I indulge a little bit each day, I'm not out of control binging anymore. That has me feeling successful. I'm getting in plenty of fiber, protein and my carbs are in check, so I do feel that I am doing well. Although my sodium is still really high. I'll have to keep working on that. I'm not sure how to cut that down as much as I need to. Maybe you all can give me some advice on where to cut back that works the best. I know chips and popcorn are probably pretty high. I guess if I had to I could leave them out, but I really need at least one treat, so maybe I could have one or the other each day and not both. I just looked and and realized I'm having 820mg of sodium each day with my shakes and milk alone. But I absolutely cannot live without those. Not sure what to do.

Ok everyone, I'm going to stop chattering on and on. Have a good night!

Late Night Update: I realized I calculated the calories wrong for my cornbread so now I'm higher than I want to be. And I sneaked into the pantry and got .4oz of chips again. Big mistake!!! And I was doing so well. Tomorrow is another day.

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 07-07-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. DS did a half Ironman which is run 2k bike 90K and run 21.1K and his time was under 4.46 hours. He came in 5th over all and first in his age catagory which is 30 - 39 years. He is 6'3" tall and weighs 164 pounds. He has a runners body for sure. This is his second gold medal this year.
My DH is working a lot of overtime and worked 12 hour shifts both Saturday and Sunday. It"s when I am alone that I get into snacking and this week end was the worst with both my husband and son away. I ate a whole package of cookies one right after another and I know it was from boredom and lonelyness. My meals were high calorie and carbs. On Sunday I slept in and only had coffee and juice till supper time and I over ate breaded chicken thighs and scalloped potatoes, two helpings. I was so hungry after not eating all day and it tasted so good. Monday was better but not perfect and my weight was up 3 pounds from the week end. I wasn't posting much either probably from guilt. I have never been diagnosed with depression but some times I wonder if I am depressed. Some times all I want to do is go back to bed and I can't seem to get much done. I know that when I am active I feel better but some times it's just too much effort. I have to figure things out.
Sorry for rambling on.

Last edited by libby135; 07-09-2014 at 05:12 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

aw, Libby, I'm sorry you're not feeling up lately. I know personally what that's like (I'm on anti-depressants). If you're thinking you might have a problem then you probably do. Your gut and heart are usually right, and I would recommend seeing someone to help you feel better. It could be through counseling, some kind of meds or even both if that's what you need.. Sending love to you. On a wow note...congrats to your DS for his gold medal! That's amazing!!!

As for me, I planned out my menu for the day. 2 atkins shakes/milk, I'm trying an amazing looking new chicken/mushroom/dijon chicken dish with broccoli for dinner (I'm making mashed potatoes for the family too, but I'm skipping that). And for my snacks I will have 3 cookies throughout the day (they're small, so I don't feel bad about having 3) and 1.5 oz of salt & vinegar chips. That will put me at 1400 calories for the day. Crossing my fingers that I can stick to the plan! Oh, I forgot to put on the banana. I'm thinking about blending 1/2 a banana in one of my shakes. Ok, added it, so that will put me at 1460 for the day...still within my target. I hope hope hope I don't stumble today!

I'm also having my monthly phone convo with my nutritionist today that's provided through my husband's work. Those talks are usually very helpful. They're only 15 minutes, but a lot can be said and heard in 15 minutes.

Sorry if I'm monopolizing the thread!!!

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 07-08-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I was so proud of myself this morning...I managed to stumble out of bed at 4:45 am to get in a workout before work. I was doing this regularly during the winter and early spring, but when I had the shoulder/back issues in the past few weeks, I kind of lost momentum. As tough as it is to get up that early (some of you apparently are just doing to bed at that time!! ) if I don't get in a workout, I'm most often too busy in the evenings with the kids to squeeze in a workout...especially now that the weather is nice...I woudl rather spend time with the kids outdoors. I pushed myself hard this morning and managed to burn about 10 cals per minute...which is a good burn for me.

It's my wedding anniversary on Friday and we are going out with friends for dinner. I'm already anticipating it and planning to enjoy myself but get right back on track the next day. Hold me accountable!!

Jenai - The lentil soup looks and sounds yummy! I'll have to try it out! I love to add frozen banana to a protein shake!! It's just like a milkshake...in my opinion. Peel the banana, break it in half then freeze it in a container. You can use just one half or both halves, through it in the blender with your Atkins shake and milk....I'm sure it will be yummy!

Libby - Sorry to hear you're down buddy. If you feel like just staying in bed all day...maybe you are depressed? Feeling lonely is tough. I know before I had my kids and my husband was busy working or doing his masters...I spent far too much time alone and I was lonely...and probably depressed as well. You should definitely seek help...like Jenai said..maybe counselling and/or meds could help. Wish there was more I could say or do.

Nyda - Cake for you sounds like chips for me! I could have cakes, pasteries, cookies, etc. in the house and never touch them....but a big bag of salty, crunchy chips.....those don't stand a chance around me! Maybe a shake like what Jenai drinks could help keep your sweet tooth at bay?

Jenn - I love coleslaw!!! Was the coleslaw homemade too? Do you like creamy or vinegary coleslaw? I love them both!!!

Have an awesome and on track day all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.