Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14 >

Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14

Community
Notices

Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14

Old 07-05-2014, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, I know how badly you want to reach Onederland. Kudos to you on the recommittment and for doing better yesterday. Your preferred calorie range is like mine. That's great that the Atkins with milk helped you keep your protein up. I don't put my vitamin D or fish oil in my nutrition tracker, either, and I find I don't need to.

Libby, I know people are different, but is 1450 excessively high for you? About how many calories can you eat to stay in a weight loss mode? High for me (for weight loss, not for maintenance) would be over 1700, although I prefer 1400-1500. Kudos for staying busy enough to burn some calories yesterday. Unless you ate low sodium ham, that may have been responsible for a good portion of your weight gain overnight. Remember it takes 3500 extra unburned calories to cause each pound of fat weight gain. Best wishes for today. I hope to see you post a smiley face tomorrow with satisfaction of your day today.

My simple goals this week same as last:
Pre-plan my menu
Eat according to my nutrition guidelines
Drink plenty of water
Work toward getting back well into exercise

Today's menu:
Breakfast: zero cholesterol omelet stuffed with green beans, tomato and onion topped with two tablespoons of roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce

Snack: flaxmeal muffin

Lunch: chicken salad in a low carb pita and half a peach

Snack: protein shake and possibly some leftover chicken livers if DH doesn't get them first.

Dinner: lean pork chop, low net effective carb spaghetti with marinara sauce, and a cup of green low carb veggies like broccoli, spinach, or green beans.

Snack: green pepper with low fat cream cheese and almonds tossed with zero trans fat butter substitute spray unsweetened cocoa powder, and artificial sweetener. (The butter substitute sounds icky, but tastes like yummy salted butter to me.)

Wishing everyone a wonderful, happy, and successful day.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mmm that meal plan sounds good.

We are going to have homemade squash soup for lunch since it is much cooler today. Found a package on sale of pre-cut ones. Win/win since it was on sale AND I don't have to go to the work of cutting it up. We are well stocked with healthy food. Didn't post yesterday but I got 20 min of exercise cutting grass and about 7 glasses of water.

Jenn
Old 07-05-2014, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, thanks for the compliment on my meal plan. Your squash soup sounds delicious, too! Wonderful that you found pre-cut ones--such tough stuff for me to cut through. Kudos on being stocked with healthful food and on your grass cutting exercise and water. You're doing great!

Just chit chat: I'm having a wonderful day. The high today will be nice and cool with a high around 80F which is just a wee bit under 27C according to what I found online. I just got back from the dollar store (discount store where everything costs $1--do you have those in Canada?) where I found everything I needed today. They even had a little plastic sprinkling can I intended to look for--for my 10 month old granddaughter to play with in the bath or in her little baby pool. Golly, I don't know if everyone was in such a great mood because this store has quality stuff for just $1 or if people in my community are just so respectful of senior citizens. Both store personnel and customers held doors open for me, yielded to me in the crowded aisles, gave away so many smiles and greetings. Maybe the nice weather also brings out the best courtesy in people.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

I made an interesting and yummy breakfast this morning. Chocolate cinnamon oatmeal, but the chocolate is not what you might expect. I put it in the food category if you want to take a peak.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I didn't see your recipe for the black bean brownies anywhere. I'm pretty sure you said you posted it. Am I looking in the wrong spot?
Old 07-05-2014, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

FINALLY finished cutting the grass. 20min plus short walk this morning running errands
Yes Mern we have dollar stores. I just picked up some really cool picture frames, snacks and bottled water a couple days ago.

Jenn
Old 07-05-2014, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Jenai - I didn't post the recipe, but I did post the link to where you can find the recipe. Here's the link for Black Bean Brownies. (hover over and click Black Bean Brownies and it'll take you to the site with the recipe )
Old 07-05-2014, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Debbie. I pinned the recipe.

I'm really sad. I was doing so well on my calories today. But then I decided to have dinner. I already had the oatmeal today, and I shouldn't have another full meal. I had 5 oz of chicken and 1.5 c rice with some teriyaki sauce (home made) and it came to 645 calories! I didn't know it was going to be that high before I ate it. I just thought that the chicken is relatively low (but I guess not when you eat 5 oz!), and I knew I had to watch the rice. I went a little over board on the rice (but I love it too much to have just 1 serving). So, my day is now over 1800 calories again.

The kids are spending the night at their cousin's house, so dh asked me if I wanted to go out to breakfast in the morning. I said no, because I'd be too tempted to fill myself with a huge stack of french toast, hash browns and bacon. I know I wouldn't be able to get something healthy...I would just feel unsatisfied, and that would be disappointing.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 07-05-2014, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

Jenai, thanks for sharing the chocolate cinnamon oatmeal recipe. Oatmeal is a cheat for me because I have to eat such low carb to keep my blood sugar normal, but it sounds like a great recipe to use with my TVP-textured soy veggie protein. That'll be my breakfast tomorrow. Aw, honey, I'm so sorry your day was too high cal for you again. I've been there where I thought I was going to be OK and then when I logged my food after I ate it I was astounded by the numbers. I don't think going over by chicken will hurt--it's protein calories which would help you lose weight. But the rice adds up as you know. Believe me, I'm not preaching--I have absolutely no willpower when I go to a Chinese restaurant. I can bypass the rice but make a meal out of the sweet sesame chicken, piles of lo mein noodles and beef, onion, and peppers with teriyaki. Then for dessert I have a large serving of their tapioca pudding--and all those carbs make me so sluggish after the sugar spike and plummet. I don't cook Chinese at home because DH isn't into Chinese and our local Chinese buffet also carries a lot of American dishes that he eats instead. Portion control at a buffet is not one of my virtues. Kudos on bypassing the breakfast out if you don't feel in control. See--you can be proud of THAT!

Jenn, kudos on the grass cutting and walk. Oh, that's wonderful that you have dollar stores--I thought you would. I shop there maybe twice a month.

I'm really proud of myself. I had a very good day eating on track, and because I did so well I almost allowed myself a cheat after dinner with homemade peanut butter cookies DH asked me to make for him. I took one out of the cookie jar and was just about to eat it when I realized that instant gratification of one cookie would only LAST an instant and then I'd regret it. I remembered I still had a couple chocolate flaxmeal muffins in the fridge and they're just as yummy to me as peanut butter cookies. So I ate a flaxmeal muffin along with some nutty tasting unsalted sunflower seeds.

Wishing everyone a lovely restful or productive Sunday--whichever you need most.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:34 PM
FitDay Member

Sunday menu:

Late breakfast: Chocolate cinnamon textured soy veggie protein (inspired by Jenai's chocolate cinnamon oatmeal recipe)

Probably won't need a morning snack

Lunch: cold leftover lean pork chop, reduced fat cream cheese on bell pepper,

Snack: low sodium ham and zero cholesterol egg rollup

Dinner: new idea for me--lean, grilled hamburger with sauteed onions and peppers on low carb flatbread with Tostitos Creamy Spinach Dip instead of mayo or mustard. The dip is one net carb per tablespoon and zero cholesterol. Sides will be cooked broccoli with butter spray and maybe some sliced tomatoes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.