Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14 >

Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14

Notices

Accountability, Motivation and Independence for 6/30 - 7/6/14

Old 07-02-2014, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Libby, best wishes on organizing your sewing room. Wonderful that you can sew! What kind of jacket do you want to make--material and color/pattern.

Mike, LOL on "Whip it." I'll bet Hope will enjoy that, too.
You know I did. Very cute, Mike.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Hope was right about the role of the balsamic vinegar in the black bean brownie recipe--it reacts with the baking soda to help the rise. No worry about using the balsamic in that recipe because the flavor is masked by the generous amount of unsweetened cocoa powder. But white or cider vinegar would have the same effect according to this article at Using vinegar in baking | Baking Bites
That was Debbie, not me. I thought the vinegar and beans and all sounded...unusual. Altho there are recipes for devil's food cake that use vinegar. Never know why. Thanks, Mern! I'm learning a lot on this thread!!
Old 07-02-2014, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Not a great day food wise. Not a bad choice for lunch but we ended up continuing our chat at Tim Hortons and I had Iced Cap. Because we were later having lunch (my friend got lost on the way) and didn't have much in house bought BBQ chicken and salads at grocery store.
Jenn
Old 07-02-2014, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

I had a good day today, calories under 900. I didn't get anything done in the sewing room. Other things got in the way. This was the first good day in a while.
Hope, The jacket I want to make is a simple unlined jacket with 3/4 length sleeves and an A line shape. The material is batic in shades of cream and brown.
Mern, your days menu looked good to me.
Debbie, sorry you weren't feeling well today. Cheer up. Things will be better tomorrow.
Jenn, I love Tim Hortons ice caps too but lately I have been drinking ice coffee with milk no sugar. It's a lot less calories.
Best wishes for a good day torrow.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:24 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, glad you had a good day!
Jenn, your day didn't seem too bad, but if it didn't make you happy, then I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Mern, you are so nice to watch all the kids the way you do. They probably keep you hopping!

I think I discovered at least part of what my problem is with being in such a funk. I take quite a few meds and also vitamins and fish oil. I realized (after a week) that I dispensed my meds wrong and I accidentally left my anti-depressant completely out of my evening pill box. On top of that, I missed taking my meds altogether a few mornings because my summer sleep schedule is not on a schedule at all. That's quite a lot of anti-depressants to be missing! No wonder I feel down.

I did a little better today calorie wise, but it was still a lot of junk and not very healthful stuff.

Just not feeling things this week at all. I don't think I'm going to show much of a loss, if any, this Friday.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, i have started drinking iced coffee I just didn't even think about it.
My friend got lost on the way to pick me up so we were very late for lunch reservation. I felt a little rushed and frenzied so that was probably why I didn't make the right choice when I ordered.
Thanks Jenai for putting it in perspective.

Jenn
Old 07-03-2014, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all!! I'm back in the office today which makes food choices so much easier. I always pack my food for the day and rarely eat out during lunch. Today is much like every work day, Greek yogurt and berries for breakfast a large Greek salad for lunch and an apple for a snack. I get so off track when I'm not in the office! I've taken the whole month of August off, so it's going to be very challenging to stay on track for a whole month of no schedule! I know I'm carrying mad water weight again since my rings are snug...I may chose to bury my head in the sand tomorrow and wait to weigh until next week.

Jenai - Glad you figured out you were missing meds and that is the reason for being in a funk. Hopefully you feel better quickly now that you're back on track with taking them as prescribed.

Libby - Glad to hear you had a good low-cal day!

Hope - Have you tried the brownies?

Mern - I still haven't been able to get dd to try her bike...maybe tonight!

Jenn - If the only 'bad' choice you made foodwise was the iced cap, that's not too bad at all...in my opinion When you say bbq chicken, do you mean the rotiserrie chicken? I don't think that's bad right...although I can't say that I've ever bought one and have never looked up the nutrition on it?

Have a great day all!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Ugggh! I just got caught up in an hour long rat hole chase!! By rat hole, I mean the endless amount of dietary information on the internet. I read someone's post here on fitday touting the positive effects of eliminating gluten and sugar...which started me googling questions....and so it began....stuck running around the rat hole! I used to spend so much time reading books, blogs, articles, etc. looking for information on the 'right way to eat'. Ahhh!! This stuff makes me crazy!! Why did I do it again today! I know just eating unprocessed food is doable and healthy....no need to eliminate any source of natural food. Nobody ever became overweight or diseased from eating too much fruit for goodness sakes!!

Okay...I'm done ranting! LOL!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, the jacket you want to make sounds LOVELY! I hope you find the material and color you want. Congrats on your good day--wishing you many more.

Hope, thanks for letting me know I addressed the wrong person about the balsamic vinegar in the black bean brownies. I do that a lot lately and always like to be told when I do.

Jenn, sometimes life gets in the way of our well-intended day. Don't beat yourself up about your food yesterday. You do very well other days.
Is the iced coffee sweetened? Any chance you could get unsweetened and add artificial sweetener?

Jenai, thanks for your kind words. It's a real treat for me to be able to supervise my two youngest grandkids and great-granddaughter. Yep, they do keep me hopping, especially the baby. I'm so glad you figured out the cause of your funk. It certainly does make sense, especially with accidentally leaving out the anti-depressant. Kudos on doing better calorie-wise and it NOT being ALL junk. Every little bit helps. I hope you feel better soon!

Debbie, good for you for packing your lunch! There are some foods I eat a lot, too, but I could eat them every day and never tire of them--like chicken, low net effective carb pasta, flax muffins--and now black bean brownies, LOL. Wonderful that you have the whole month of August off! Yes, I can imagine since you are in control at the office and not around temptation due to packing your food, that staying on track foodwise with being off work will be more difficult. But I also know that you are so committed that you will excel at eating well MOST of the time--and you will probably be expending more calories with your children. It's perfectly OK if you don't want to see your water weight on the scale tomorrow. I'm down at least 7 lbs. since just June 25 and I know most of that was excess water weight. There's just no sense in letting scale numbers make you feel heavier than you really are. I don't measure for that reason--it's too depressing for me to see the numbers that a USA size 24 reports on a measuring tape. I just go by how I feel in my clothes and right now I'm feeling very comfortable--like I'll soon be able to wear a size 22 without looking like a stuffed sausage in them. Aw, I hope DD has the courage to try the bike again soon, so she can enjoy the summer more and share with her brother the joy of owning and riding and new bike. In my part of the USA our barbecue chicken usually means coated with a sweet, wet, tomato based sauce. (I can low carb that. ) I think in the western states it may mean cooked on an outdoor grill. Rotisserie chicken here is just called rotisserie here. I'm always interested in clarifications, too, when something that sounds perfectly healthful to me is naughty for someone else. I agree with your "rat hole" take on the abundance of dietary advice on the Internet. My doc agrees that all people are different and one needs to go by trial and error of what works for the individual and not fret about scares we read about that may not even apply to own own bodies. You're entitled to the rant--sometimes if we don't let off steam our heads will explode. LOL
Old 07-03-2014, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Today's menu:

Breakfast: unconventional, but it was a pita stuffed with rotisserie chicken and reduced fat cream cheese.

Lunch: the last of the rotisserie chicken, fruited low carb dairy blend that tastes like yogurt (only four carbs for the 6 oz. container ) and half a peach.

Snack: low carb flaxmeal muffin and almond milk

Dinner: chicken livers (yes, I know it has carbs, but I'm very low carb the rest of the day) green beans with turkey bacon, and spinach with roasted red pepper sauce.

Snack: last of the celery with soy nut butter, protein shake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.