Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Old 06-28-2014, 08:12 PM
FitDay Member

So I was just saying how I feel less than motivated. I thought of something that just might give me some fuel for the tank....I'm not all that far off from ONEderland. 38lbs to go. I can do that! My next mini goal is 10 lbs in a month or so, but now I'm going to make a goal of hitting ONEderland at about 10/31/2014. I can do that! Oh, wow, to be in the one's again would be soooo exciting. I'm going to see if this thought will keep my ass moving. Good night all.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, I can understand being in a funk but I like your new approach and the phrase ONEderland. Maybe just take it easy and ease back into exercise.

Debbie, if that has been my experience with acupuncture, I think I would not want it either. Altho the treatments from my most recent doctor are painful but were more effective than some others. It's all so individual. I hope you get help in other ways. Glad you got to spend one on one time with your son, so important. Fruits and veg "Mom food" huh?

I am slowing losing back some of the weight I gained. Funny how quick it comes on and how slowly it comes off. Maybe it makes itself comfortable and doesn't want to leave.

Mern, I think planning meals helps. Does it help you?

I wish I could trust myself to eat and not binge but if planning works, I guess it's not bad. I also see where planning helps in other aspects of my life like work so why not?

Last edited by canary52; 06-29-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

We had no food in the house yesterday and it was too late to buy groceries and make a meal so DH suggested chinese food. I said yes because I was too hungry to object. My weight is up nearly two pounds this morning and I didn't even eat all that much. Today we need to buy food.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, you know this stuff but sometimes we need reminders to take away our frustration: many of us gain two pounds overnight from Chinese food-- it's mostly water weight from the sodium. I'm just like you--I get to the point where I won't get back on track until I stock up at the grocery store. Wishing you a nice whoosh tomorrow--drink a lot of water today if you can.

Jenai, aw, I hope you are less sore this morning after repulling something. I found your post this morning very motivating. I'm at 226.2 this morning--for some reason hit the weight loss mode again. What's really stupid, yet comical in a way, is that I had a 6.8 lb. "whoosh" after having shown an 8 lb. gain just four days ago at my last doctor visit. It would have been less embarrassing to have shown just a 1.2 lb. gain for the past 3 months and four days--but I got caught. LOL Do you mind if I tag along for the ride to Onederland? I need to lose 1.54 lbs. per week to reach it by 10/31/14. I'm normally a very slow loser (this "whoosh" is letting go of a whole lot of water retention) but I think I can reach Onederland by 10/31 if I try really hard especially knowing we both have the same goal. I don't mean to tag along as a race to see who gets there first (and it'll probably be YOU) but for the companionship of someone in my weight range. You are so right that there's no point in dwelling on the milkshake, especially with being within your calorie limits--and your protein count would have been lower without the milkshake.

Hope, you got that right! Sad, but true for most of us, that we gain weight faster than it takes to shed it. But maybe your slow weight loss means you're losing mostly fat. I'm losing mostly water still, but I'm OK with that. Planning my meals helps me TREMENDOUSLY. It's when I lose best because I usually stay on track much better knowing I have something yummy and "legal" planned for the whole day. And it does indeed help me to keep from a binge on carby, fat laden stuff. Snacks containing both protein and a sensible amount of fat help me stave off hunger pangs and cravings.

Not good, but I must do brunch again after I post here. Bad habit for me to start my day without eating breakfast because I always think breakfast will be delayed just a few minutes and it winds up being brunch. I don't have time to pre-log it into my nutrition tracker, but I will eat this and figure out my portion sizes for dinner after we get back from the picnic. Should be no problem to leave room for a very satisfying dinner.

Today's menu:

Brunch: zero cholesterol egg and low sodium ham roll-up, half a peach, and a protein shake may help me eat less at the birthday picnic.

Birthday picnic for our grandson's 10th birthday--toting along some "legal stuff": hamburger (provided by my daughter) with mustard and dill pickle on a low carb, high fiber pita, celery stuffed with soy nut butter, diet lemonade. My flaxmeal muffin will chase down the very small slice of birthday cake I'll eat to honor our grandson. Sharing his cake is important to him...

Snack if needed: another protein shake

Dinner: cold leftover chicken, sliced tomatoes, spinach (maybe creamed with low carb Alfredo sauce)

Last edited by Mern; 06-29-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning lovely ladies (and Mike ). As you can see in my accountability update below, I'm good all week then the weekends, things slide. I knew this would be the case, it's who I am , so I'm just trying to not be too far off track which I think I'm succeeding in that! Can't be perfect every day right?!!? Also I didn't do any formal exercise yesterday, but did lots of stuff with the kids that kept me moving...one of which was water fight! It was so funny...my daughter thinks she's Rambo or something

Mern - Not we didn't end up getting the bikes yesterday. We ended up splashing around in the pool much longer than anticipated so we never made it to the store. We are planning to try again today.

Jenai - I know it's tough when motivation wanes, but just know that's so normal! We can't be 100% motivated every day. Just ride it out...that motivation will be back. I'm so excited for you to have set the onederland goal! I'll be here cheering you on all the way to your goal! I know you can do this...you are doing it already!!!!

Hope - Glad to hear those creeper pounds are taking a hike!

Libby - Two pounds after Chinese food is not too bad...you really must have eaten only a little bit! Good job showing control! I'm sure if you up your water today, that sodium will be gone and you'll be back on track. You've really done a great job recommitting! Be proud of your accomplishments!

Accountability Update:

Daily Goals
96 oz. water - Mon. 104 oz., Tues. 96 oz., Wed. 96 oz., Thurs. 96 oz., Fri. 104 oz., Sat. 72 oz.
40/40/20ish macros (P/C/F) - Mon. 50/38/12, Tues. 44/44/12, Wed. 39/36/25, Thurs. 44/38/18, Fri. 30/52/19, 33/44/23
Stay under 1200 cals - Mon. 807 cals, Tues. 892 cals., Wed. 1040 cals, Thurs. - 1396 cals, Fri. 1566 cals., Sat. 1354 cals.
Burn 500 cals minimum - Mon. 508 cals, Tues. 590 cals., Wed. 633 cals, Thurs. 521 cals., Fri. 543 cals.,Sat. no formal workout
8 hours of sleep - Mon. 7.5 hours, Tues. 9 hours!!, Wed. 8 hours, Thurs. 7 hours, Fri. 9 hours, Sat. 9 hours
Weigh in on Mondays - Mon. yes, Fri. weighed again
Old 06-29-2014, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, sounds like a great time and plenty of informal exercise with the kids yesterday. Looking forward to hearing about the bike purchase when it happens. I totally understand your weekend slide issue. My main problem (besides not enough formal exercise) is eating very well on plan during the day and then going off track in the evening. Your accountability is awesome and inspirational!

Hope, I forgot to mention to you that I was so impressed at the farmer's market yesterday when I heard a 5-6 year old little boy say, "Mommy, I want some carrots." My 10 year old grandson would never say that in a million years. Practically his only veggie now is French fries and before he started school he used to eat very balanced meals including all kinds of veggies.

Last edited by Mern; 06-29-2014 at 03:10 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Back from my grandson's birthday party lunch picnic. I did a fantastic job sticking with my planned food which included a celebratory allowance for a small sliver of birthday cake. I don't know how much it would be in metric, but in USA measurements it was the equivalent of about a 1 1/2 inch cube of cake.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Mern! Awesome job staying on track at your grandson's bday party!!! I'm so excited for you and Jenai to be looking ahead and making a onederland goal!!! One more thing...nothing for you to be embarrassed about having a small gain on the scale at your doctors visit!!! Nothing at all! You have managed to reduce high blood pressure and pre-diabetes through diet and exercise!! That's an incredible accomplishment!!! So no reason to be embarrassed! You are an inspiration!

We did end up getting bikes for the kids. They're both so proud of their new wheels! Now I just have to encourage my daughter and build her confidence so she tires learning how to ride a two wheeler again. She's always good at everything she tries, so not being able to ride a two wheeler has her stumped and frustrated. Ah well...she'll get it sooner or later! It's nearly dinner time and I still haven't managed to sneak in a workout. Looks like I may not hit my 500 cal burn today, but I'm going to try to do some kind of formal workout...but it takes me nearly 1 whole hour of intense exercise to burn 500 cals. If there's a negative to being smaller, that would be it....the smaller you are, the less calories you burn at rest and during exercise...not that I'm complaining! Also, I've kind of lost track of my food today, so I won't even have an accurate number at the days end. I may change up my goals next week...counting calories makes me crazy!!!
Old 06-29-2014, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I'd love to have a buddy on the trip to ONEderland!

My daughter made brownies. ugh. She makes the best brownies, too. I had 1/2 of one late last night and 1/2 of one just now. Now I have to try not to have any more.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai - Have you tried black bean brownies? Their not exactly low cal, but a little healthier than the real thing and still quite indulgent! I've made them and even my extremely picky kids loved them! Let me know if you're (or anyone!) interested and I'll post the recipe. Sounds like your daughter really enjoys baking! You should challenge her to come up with healthier recipes to her regular fare. Maybe she'll have fun trying to alter the recipes and you can still enjoy her baking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.