Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Old 06-26-2014, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

Mern, We are so glad to have you back. Most of us have had set backs lately and have rededicated ourselves to following a better way of being accountable.
Debbie, good job on the work out and breakfast for supper. How is your shoulder?
Jenai, take it easy on your back. I liked your suggestion of doing your exercise slowly.
I got another late start to the day so only had two meals and a snack again today. My calories were under 1000 again so I hope that tomorrows weigh in will be good.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Libby ! I bought myself a TENS machine and have been using it for the past 3 nights and it may be helping? I'm not exactly sure if it's the TENS or just getting the blood pumping through exercise...either way I'm starting to feel some relief! Thanks for asking! I'm hoping in the coming days I can get a few 'late starts' to my day too! I booked Monday off from work and then Tues is my favourite holiday all year...CANADA DAY!!!! So looking forward to the festivities! I know the rest of the country doesn't celebrate quite the way we do here in Ottawa...but it's a big deal here in the nations capital! If the kids can stay awake long enough this year, we'll be taking them to see the fireworks for the first time! I'm really looking forward to the coming weekend...4 whole days off of work with my man and my babies! Are you doing anything special for Canada Day? You've done so well this week keeping low in the cals! I sincerely hope the scale rewards you tomorrow! You deserve it after all of your perseverance and hard work! HOWEVER....having said that...the scale is not the only measure of your success and determination...right?!?! Repeat that back to me someday when I have a tough weigh in...K?!?!

Hi Mern! ...'k being honest and all...I had to choke down the broccoli tonight! I kept thinking...the omelette is giving me some protein and the broc is giving me good carbs and fibre...it's just fuel right...but it didn't go down so easy!! LOL!!! Ahhhh well....it has kept me full for several hours now so I guess it served it's purpose! So glad you're back lady!!!
Old 06-26-2014, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, my son uses a muscle stimulation machine on his legs after his distance runs. It helps a lot to relieve soreness. I hope it works for you.
My church has a yard sale on July 1st and I will be helping out. Tuesday evening I will be watching the Ottawa celebration and fire works on TV. I wish I could be there. Have fun and wave a flag for me. Cheese sauce goes good with broccoli or maybe some shaved parm and slivered almonds. Gotta keep it interesting. You are absolutely right. The scale is only a tool and I will not give it the power to dictate my mood.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone. Welcome back Mern We have missed you. We kept asking has any one heard from you?. So glad your back. I did okay today. I was really tired and my feet hurt a lot today after work. I have no idea what the scales will say tomorrow. Looking back over the week I find Ii have been way better then the last month. I was not perfect, But hey who is. I will strife for an even better week coming up.
All you Canada people have a great holiday. Ours in on the 4ths of course. I have my party on the 3rd so we can go to the ballgame ext. Will be meeting my brothers at the game. I will take a change of cloths and go from work.
I got the granola recipe posted.

Always remember Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, today is a gift that is why it is called the present

Nyda
Old 06-26-2014, 06:50 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, what is a TENS machine?

Nyda, hoping your weigh in tomorrow will reflect your improvements!

As for me, I am absolutely STARVING. I feel ravenous, but I'm already at my calorie limit. I think it has to do with "that time". But if I didn't keep my butt plastered to this chair I would be rummaging through the kitchen right now trying to find something to stuff my face with. I'm trying really hard to stay out of the kitchen...you know that last push before weigh in day. I don't want to mess up a good weigh in with uncontrollable snacking the night before. Even my Atkins and milk didn't do it for me tonight, which it normally does. And I'm not even tired. It's going to be a long difficult night. See you at weigh in tomorrow.

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 06-26-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! So I ended up weighing in this morning...even though I said I wouldn't...it's Canada Day weekend and I know that it will be difficult to stay on track this weekend (it's hard every weekend it seems!) so I guess I'll just keep my weigh ins to Fridays. The BIG surprise this morning....I'm down a whopping 8.8 lbs. from Monday! While I'm happy to be back down so quickly, it also has me seriously wondering how I can hold that much water!?! It has to be water...nobody can lose nearly 9 pounds of fat in only 4 days...but kind of crazy that I can hold nearly 9 pounds of water? Anyway, I guess I'm back on track and back into my plateau range which had me bouncing around 121-123 lbs. for weeks.

Jenai - TENS stands for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation. It's a device that uses electric current to stimulate the nerves for therapeutic purposes. It's often used by physiotherapists. Sorry to hear you were so hungry last night. Not a nice feeling! Did you manage to find something healthy to snack on?

Nyda - You're so right! No need for perfection! Glad to hear you did well this week. I hope the scale rewards you today

Libby - Glad to hear there is someone else who uses a TENS machine at home. Even if it doesn't cure the issue, it's nice to feel some relief! Enjoy the yard sale and I'll be sure to wave a flag for you!

Accountability Update:

Daily Goals
96 oz. water - Mon. 104 oz., Tues. 96 oz., Wed. 96 oz., Thurs. 96 oz.
40/40/20ish macros (P/C/F) - Mon. 50/38/12, Tues. 44/44/12, Wed. 39/36/25, Thurs. 44/38/18
Stay under 1200 cals - Mon. 807 cals, Tues. 892 cals., Wed. 1040 cals, Thurs. - 1396 cals
Burn 500 cals minimum - Mon. 508 cals, Tues. 590 cals., Wed. 633 cals, Thurs. 521 cals.
8 hours of sleep - Mon. 7.5 hours, Tues. 9 hours!!, Wed. 8 hours, Thurs. 7 hours
Weigh in on Mondays - Mon. yes, Fri. weighed again

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 06-27-2014, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

MERN!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!! so glad you still have good health numbers. SOOOO Glad you're here. I missed you.

Everyone, thanks for the encouragement.

Debbie, I hope you feel better. I hope the machine helps.

Jenai, all, I think what happened is I tried too strict a diet and too many crazy eating plans. My back has been hurting so I just "rebelled" and ate what I wanted and felt lousy at night (too full) and now it is time to get back to the good place.

Last edited by canary52; 06-27-2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) strrretch daily Y, Y, Y, Y
2) control eating _ noooo Y, N, N
3) short walk 3x this week - N Y, N, N
4) 6 glasses water - ? N, ? ?
5) Spanish - si, si N, N
6) work, no matter where - meh, yes, yes, as much as I could before I had to leave (back pain)
7) meditate - N Y, N, N
8) get rid of 5 papers or 3 items - way more, Y, N, some
Old 06-27-2014, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

I totally agree with not giving the scale the power to dictate one's mood. I made that mistake Wednesday, having not had the courage to weigh myself in a long time and was astounded that I had gained eight pounds in three months since my last doctor visit. But then this morning, after drinking lots of water and watching the sodium, I stepped on my scale for our Friday weigh-in and my scale (which is exactly in sync with my doctor's scale) repeatedly reported a 4.6 lb. drop in just the past two days. That explains why I woke up like five times last night (not exaggerating) to go to the bathroom--being treated to a huge and lovely "whoosh" for getting back on the wagon. I'm still very, very obese, but at 228.4 lbs. I feel really wonderful today and very encouraged with yet another restart.

Someone in our group suggested almond milk to me a while back and I decided to not try it after I found out it cost almost twice as much as cows' milk which I try to avoid due to the cholesterol and carbs. But I finally gave it a try and found out it was too thick for my taste and diluted it down to one part almond milk and one part water--which, where I live, brings down the cost to no more than cows' milk. I absolutely LOVE it--even undiluted it's loaded with calcium, very low fat and carbs, zero saturated fat, zero cholesterol. My doctor was very pleased I am drinking it because it's so good for me AND satisfies my craving for milk. I've tried only the vanilla flavor so far but Doc told me there are many flavors from which to choose. Doc said since I prefer it diluted, that's great because I can enjoy it twice as often, then.

Hope, thanks for the welcome back. I rebel, too sometimes (OK--too often) rewarding myself with eating whatever I want. But mine isn't emotional eating from dealing with pain or stress--mine is just rebelling from facing up to accountability. I hope your back feels better soon. I mostly have back pain only when I bend over to access the front-loading dishwasher and clothes dryer. I should have gotten inspiration from your reports--my doc told me even making it a routine to gently stretch during TV commercials at night (because I detest formal exercise) would go a long way to reducing my back pain.

Nyda, hi! Thanks for the welcome back. I was out there hiding and regaining weight. I hope you had a good night's rest and that your feet feel better. Best wishes with your Friday weigh-in. Good for you for acknowledging to yourself that you've been way better in the past month and for making next week even better. My doc always tells me, "You don't have to be perfect, just better than you USED to be." Wishing you a great early party for the Fourth of July and then the ball game. I'll check out the granola recipe.

Jenn, although you didn't say it, your private message reminded me of how much better I do when I'm here and being accountable. THANKS!

Jenai, thanks for the welcome back. I was out there with my head buried in the sand... Thanks for your encouragement. It's been so long since I've had TOTM that I don't remember if I overate then or not. LOL But it certainly does make sense. I surely do remember the cramps and exhaustion, though, which my male doc insisted was just phychological, even though my cycle ran anywhere from 45-69 days and I unfailingly got cramps two days before er, uhm, confirmation of the cause. I think the old Simon and Garfunkle song was "Feeling Groovy", not "Feeling Poopy." LOL But you're too young to remember that. I hope your tune changes soon. Oh, you poor dear! I just read your struggle with being so hungry last night. I know you know what to do and how to do it, but sometimes a protein snack with a little fat, like maybe chicken and some low fat cheese, gets me over the hunger pangs at night. Is that something you've tried that is low carb? Big hug to ya!

Libby, thanks for the reminder about setbacks and accountability. You are so right and I thank you for your encouragement.

Debbie, first of all, congrats on your loss. I was astounded at my 4.8 lb. loss in two days, so I know you had to be astounded with almost double mine. Congratulations! You may have mentioned it in my absence, but your plateau range could be where your body wants to be--you're already VERY NICELY in your healthy weight range for your height, aren't you? Oh, wow, sorry--I didn't know you have to choke down the broccoli. It's one of my favorite veggies as well as being so nutritious and full of fiber.. and it does keep me feeling full longer. You are always so upbeat and encouraging. I hope you have a wonderful Ottawa style four day Canada Day celebration next week. I'm accompanying a family group taking my 10 month old great-granddaughter to the zoo on Monday. She absolutely loves animals. But on Tuesday while you're celebrating, I'll be in the dentist chair for my routine check-up and cleaning. Ugh! I'm going to take a hint from you and entitle my reports "Accountability Update" to remind myself why I came back.

Last edited by Mern; 06-27-2014 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern You're very right...I'm already very nicely in my healthy weight range for my height. If I stay at this weight forever, that would be just fine really. It's healthy for sure! I just personally feel more comfortable in the one-hundred-somethingteen zone. You see, I carry my weight in my stomach so any extra weight I have on makes fitting into clothes more difficult. If my hips are a size 2, then my waist is a size 5 or even 7! Guess I'm a solid apple...definitely no pear shape here! As for choking down the broccoli....I love veggies and not sure why I wasn't feelin' the broc last night. Guess I just wasn't in the mood for it? I too love almond milk...maybe I was the one who told you about it? I normally drink unsweetened, vanilla Almond Breeze but this week I bought Silk to try and I really like it! What brand are you drinking? I'm curious because I don't find either Almond Breeze of Silk to be thick at all?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.