Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Old 06-23-2014, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all. I had a pretty good day. I stuck to my goals. I wore my pedimeter today, over 10,000 steps. This is just at work. I feel better then I thought at first this morning. I was really stiff from yard work. That is okay it just means I got some serious musle toning,
Debbie I work hard at it. I had a couple of bad summers with depression and the heat. Some things did not survie. But it is comaing around.
Jenai thank you.

1 drink more water and less soda yes
2 will not buy and eat any type of donuts or cake yes
3 post everyday yes

Nyda
Old 06-23-2014, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Jenai, I appreciate your concern and advice. I am trying something new this week cycling my calories between 900 and 1400. If you know how to do this right I would be glad to follow a plan that works.

I just looked up calorie confusion diet and they recommended alternating between 1200 and 2000 calories a day. Because I am short , under 5' I thought I should eat less calories so I adjusted it down. The meal plan looks good so I might follow it with a few tweeks.

Jenai, can you tell me what didn't work for you.

Last edited by libby135; 06-24-2014 at 12:13 AM. Reason: added more
Old 06-23-2014, 06:00 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie,

I am also 5'2". My starting weight was 133 and I have lost almost a whole pound. While I am definitely celebrating that, I cannot believe that I weight this much to begin with! I understand your feeling of getting on the scale. I weigh myself every day (I know many caution against this, but it helps me stay accountable.) at the same time. It helps me.

Here is another silly little thing that I do that really helps: Each room of my house has an exercise that I do while in that room. For example, whenever I am standing in front of my bathroom sink, I do what I call "counter pushups". Laundry room gets 20 squats, etc. This is really working for me!

Best wishes from a fellow 5'2"-er!

Maria
Old 06-24-2014, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Maria and welcome. I like your suggestion about doing a different exercise in every room. I am going to try that.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) strrretch daily Y
2) control eating _ noooo
3) short walk 3x this week - N
4) 6 glasses water - ?
5) Spanish - si
6) work, no matter where - meh
7) meditate - N
8) get rid of 5 papers or 3 items - way more

Debbie, lately I've been trying for 15-20 minutes, not doing so well yet lol. But it does help me.

Jeani, we have soooooo much clutter in this house. I told DH if we move (and I'd like to) we're gonna have to deal with this. He got on a mission and now I'm on one but I feel like Sisyphus in that Greek myth rolling a rock up a hill only to have it roll back down. I get rid of 5 papers and 10 appear in the mail.

Welcome Maria!!! I like that exercise in each room trick!!!

Mike's Goals:
1) Let go of stress
2) Exercise 3x ( good for stress)
3) Healthy eating, lots of veg

More later....
Old 06-24-2014, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Goals:
1) strrretch daily Y
2) control eating _ noooo
3) short walk 3x this week - N
4) 6 glasses water - ?
5) Spanish - si
6) work, no matter where - meh
7) meditate - N
8) get rid of 5 papers or 3 items - way more

Debbie, lately I've been trying for 15-20 minutes, not doing so well yet lol. But it does help me.

Jeani, we have soooooo much clutter in this house. I told DH if we move (and I'd like to) we're gonna have to deal with this. He got on a mission and now I'm on one but I feel like Sisyphus in that Greek myth rolling a rock up a hill only to have it roll back down. I get rid of 5 papers and 10 appear in the mail.

Welcome Maria!!! I like that exercise in each room trick!!!

Mike's Goals:
1) Let go of stress
2) Exercise 3x ( good for stress)
3) Healthy eating, lots of veg

More later....
huh? What? I can't see them...
Old 06-24-2014, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Mike - That does sound stressful...but congrats on getting waterfront property and building a new home!! I have a flooring suggestion for you...luxury vinyl strip flooring! It's avery durable waterproof flooring that is installed floating....meaning it isn't glued down. Since you're in the souther US, I'm assuming your home is built on a concrete slab? You should be able to easily install this over concrete. It comes in varying colours and textures of 'wood-like' flooring! I just installed this type of flooring in my laundry room and it's beautiful!! I love it so much we're planning to install it in our kitchen in the fall!!

Jenn - Looks like you had a day yesterday working towards your goals! Great job!

Libby - I totally understand the need to keep the calories low! Some people are able to lose wieght eating 1200 cals a day...unfortunately for me, that is maintenance. I need a few low cals days to get and keep the scale moving. I guess I naturally calorie cycle and I try to keep at or below 1200 a day when losing...so some days it's low...just like yesterday was. If I'm hungrier today, I'll simply eat more. Best of luck on the calorie cycling!

Jenai - If you manage to balance out your calories the rest of the week, I don't think you need to sweat a 1700 cal day. You've been consistently losing so keep doing what you've been doing!

Maria - Welcome fellow 5'2"er! I love your idea for adding in more exercise. Very creative!!! Maybe I'll have to try that! I too have to get on that scale daily or I slip and slide down that sippery slope and end up gaining. Maintaining is going to be as much work as losing I think? Hope you stick around Maria! We could use more checker-inners!

Hope - I think I may try to find some nice relaxing music and spend 10 minutes at the end of the day relaxing and focusing on my breath only...letting go of thoughts and just being present in my own body with no thoughts for just 10 minutes. Sounds glorious!!! Is this considered meditation?

Here's my update from yesterday. I did well on all my goals with the exception of missing 30 minutes of sleep. It's so hard to get in 8 hours when I get up at 4:30 am....means I need to be in bed by 8:30...same time my kids go to bed! LOL!

Daily Goals
96 oz. water - Mon. 104 oz.
40/40/20ish macros (P/C/F) - Mon. 50/38/12
Stay under 1200 cals - Mon. 807 cals
Burn 500 cals minimum - Mon. 508 cals
8 hours of sleep - Mon. 7.5 hours
Weigh in on Mondays - Mon yes
Old 06-24-2014, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
huh? What? I can't see them...
She said have lots and lots of sex...VERY good for stress relief!
Old 06-24-2014, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, Lordy. I got hungry late last night and my calories went from a 1900 cal to a 2200 cal day!!! I better be "good" the rest of the week. Certainly can't make that a habit. I just felt so hungry yesterday!

My back is feeling almost normal now. In fact, I sat here at my desk for a good 30 minutes before I just now even thought about it. I just stood up to try that out (usually it gets cramped when I go from sitting for a while to standing up), but it seemed fine. It twinged a little when I sat back and tried to scoot in my chair, but it seems that I am pretty close to being back to normal. Yea! Now I have to stop being lazy and get back to Slim in 6!

Libby, I did some reading on calorie cycling when I was having a hard time getting in enough calories, but it didn't work for me. I didn't lose a single pound while trying it. So unfortunately I don't have any good advice. sorry. When I increased my calories to 1200-1400 cal/day I started losing again. I would still be at only 900 or so because I don't actually eat much during the day. I usually only have 1 meal a day. In order to get my calories and protein in I started drinking Atkin's chocolate shakes with a cup of milk mixed in once or twice a day. It seems to be working for me. In calorie cycling I read in several places it's not recommended to go under 1200, and their idea of cycling was going up to like 2000 and cycling mid range at 1500 cal and a low of 1200. That seems like way too much to me. I could never keep that up. I guess do the math. What is your BMR - how many lbs a week you want to lose, and divide that by 7 to get your daily goal. Then figure highs and lows around that number. I'm sure you probably already figured that out, but that's only as much as I could figure out.

Hope, Oh I know what you mean about the paper clutter. I used to be phobic about opening the mail because I didn't want to see the bills and was avoiding, so the mail got out of control. Now that my husband takes care of the bills, though, he sits down as soon as he comes home from work, opens the mail, looks at each thing, rips in half the junk, puts the bills in his stack and throws away everything he ripped immediately. My desk gets overrun sometimes. I have to take a day every other week or so and organize it, file, throw away, etc. or it will get over run. When we moved I threw away SOOOO much stuff! Then when I was unpacking I threw away even more stuff! I hope you can manage to get it under control. It gets overwhelming!

Maria...welcome!

Mike, congrats on building on what sounds like a great property!
Old 06-24-2014, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Mike - That does sound stressful...but congrats on getting waterfront property and building a new home!! I have a flooring suggestion for you...luxury vinyl strip flooring! It's avery durable waterproof flooring that is installed floating....meaning it isn't glued down. Since you're in the souther US, I'm assuming your home is built on a concrete slab? You should be able to easily install this over concrete. It comes in varying colours and textures of 'wood-like' flooring! I just installed this type of flooring in my laundry room and it's beautiful!! I love it so much we're planning to install it in our kitchen in the fall!!
Thanks, I'll have to look into that.

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
Mike, congrats on building on what sounds like a great property!
thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.