Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 16 - 22 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 16 - 22

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 16 - 22

Old 06-19-2014, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

I'm suffering from lack of planning today. Didn't pack lunch so I had too many calories at noon. Now I need dinner and have nothing planned and ne energy to get creative. I'm thinking protein shake as I don't really feel hungry. Too much grain and salt lately so the scales will not be good tomorrow. Maybe I should just drink a gallon of water and be up all night.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, thanks for all you have done and do for this group. I hope that we can help you too.
Mary, Your day didn't sound so bad. I hope that you have a good weigh in tomorrow.
Debbie, I hope that your shoulder is feeling better. Enjoy your new laundry room and appliances when you get them.
Jenai, I hope your back will be better soon.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

I went to my doctor for my three month check up and every thing was good.
I was a little worried because I stopped taking the blood pressure meds when I had bad side effects to the new prescription two months ago. Then I stopped taking the cholesterol meds and I feel fine. My weight was up from last time but I am working to get that down again before my next appointment in September.

Mern, I miss you. Come back soon.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
I'm sorry I can't take the time right now to send everyone a message. My back popped out this morning when I was just standing there doing nothing. I felt a pop and then it felt like my whole right side there just slid downward. It's hard to describe, but it was something I've never felt before. I can barely move, and it keeps seizing up. I swear it's worth than labor. It is excruciatingly painful. I'm lucky that I hoard leftover hydrocodone any time I get a prescription. I've been taking them and it's slightly taking the edge off. But I've got to get off here and try to get back in bed.
So sorry to hear this. This has happened to me. I use heat, anti inflammatories(Advil), mild stretching and acupuncture. And when I can very short walking. Movement helps. When I am in an acute stage, I want to be flat on my back but this ultimately makes it worse, as do pain pills. But I am no doctor!!! I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm comfortable enough in my masculinity to not have to wear pink to prove that I'm a real man. I'm more of a green type of guy. Not a pale green... a many green.
Dark green is good on me. Manly, yes, but I like it too!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I'm avoiding the scale today. I know I'll be up and I just can't take it! There's always next week right!?!?! LOL!!

Bea - How was the movie??

Mike - You the man! I see I certainly don't have to worry about the girl talk with you. LOL!

Jenai - So sorry to hear ab out your back!!! I hope you get it under control quickly and you have some relief!

Libby - Glad to hear everything went well at your appointment and that stopping the medication didn't have any adverse effects! And I second what you said...Mern we miss you...where are you lady!!?!?!

Mary - I tried upping my water yesterday as well in anticipation for today...but I just couldn't bring myself to face the scale this morning. I hope you have a good scale day!

Hope - I'm trying accupuncture for the first time next week. I hope it helps my shoulder....but I have to admint I'm kinda scared! The therapist I'll be seeing uses accupuncture with electical stimulation. I'm not sure if it's the needle part I'm more nervous about or the fact that he'll attached electrodes to the needle?

Have a great day all!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 06-20-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, they usually adjust it pretty low. It feels like centipedes with slippers on walking on your back lol. Acupuncture ahs done wonders for me, the only thing that helps my chronic back pain.

Mike, you are a wonderful man, one of the best in NOLA, but before we canonize you as St Mike, Patron of the Boobies, please tell me how you did on your goals. Water? RAK?
Old 06-20-2014, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Debbie, they usually adjust it pretty low. It feels like centipedes with slippers on walking on your back lol. Acupuncture ahs done wonders for me, the only thing that helps my chronic back pain.

Mike, you are a wonderful man, one of the best in NOLA, but before we canonize you as St Mike, Patron of the Boobies, please tell me how you did on your goals. Water? RAK?
"Patron of the Boobies"...LOL!!!!!

Not sure if you were trying to freak me out....but centipedes with slippers on walking on my back....OMG!!! Glad to hear it has helped you....even though I know have images of bugs crawling on my back, I'll give it a try and hope for the best!
Old 06-20-2014, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
"Patron of the Boobies"...LOL!!!!!

Not sure if you were trying to freak me out....but centipedes with slippers on walking on my back....OMG!!! Glad to hear it has helped you....even though I know have images of bugs crawling on my back, I'll give it a try and hope for the best!
No,no!!!! Sadly, I was trying to reassure you lol. It's gonna be fine!!! And I hope it helps you as much as it has me!!! More even!!!!
Old 06-20-2014, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by libby135
Mike, thanks for all you have done and do for this group. I hope that we can help you too.
Thanks libby.

Dark green is good on me. Manly, yes, but I like it too!!!
Hope, I'm sure you could rock the dark green just fine.

Water was a simple goal. I've been drinking probably five or six 16.9 oz bottles. No RAKs yet, I need to get busy on that. Food has been decent although I had some crawfish yesterday. I'm sure my sodium intake was through the roof!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.