Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 16 - 22

Old 06-18-2014, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone!

I'm the newbie here (thanks to Debbie for turning me on to this thread). I'll do my very best to post as often as I can but working 10 hour work days this summer is killing me!!

Again, thanks to Debbie for helping me to get started on my weight loss. Looking to get rid of 20-25 pounds of ugly tummy and hips...just started Monday...and have planned my week. Been cooking low fat (even though it's hard with a hubby who can eat ANYTHING and not gain one freaken' ounce!) but I'm getting pretty good at portion control too! Now instead of sitting in front of the TV with a bowl of ice cream watching some detective program, I peddle my exercise bike and watch a good movie on my IPod. The time goes by so fast. I cannot exercise EVERY SINGLE day but I am going for at least 3 times a week to start.And the days I ride my bike, I will also hula hoop while watching TV. And I LOVE to hula hoop!!

I'm keeping a journal, and in the very front I've written my short term and long term goals. On each page for each day I write what I've eaten for each meal/snack and what workout I complete that evening. The very last thing I do before I go to bed is write what I call "Praise myself for the day" note: Example:. On Monday one of my co-workers had donuts and later that morning, birthday cake to celebrate her birthday. I did not have any..but just ate my hard boiled egg and string cheese at my desk and wished her a happy birthday. It was hard but that is how I praised myself for that day. That little tidbit really helps when I see that I was good!! I find something I've done every day to feel good about myself and keep me motivated! It's only my third day but so far, so good....AND..........I've lost 1/2 pound since Monday...baby steps....loving it!!

Hope everyone has a great day ....thanks to Debbie again for all her help and inspiration just when I was about to give up! Going to be a GREAT summer with a new two piece!! lol
Old 06-18-2014, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Laney!! Glad to see you posting here! I may have helped give you nudge, but it's all you lady!! You're the one planning your meals, doing the workouts and putting in the work!! I can tell you're proud of your accomplishments this week...as you should be! Glad to hear you're putting your journal to good use too! You're off to a strong start!

Hope - Funny thing...well not so funny I guess...I find it easier to lose weight in the colder months too and always end up gaining in the summer months! What's up with that!!!

Bea - thanks for posting the recipe!! I'll have to give it a try!

Libby - hope you haven't caught the plateau bug!

Mike - Glad to see you posting even if it means are aren't really back!

Terri - Sorry to hear you've been unwell! Hope you enjoy the time with your family!

As for me, dealing with cramps today (Sorry Mike!!) so I feel like craaaaaap! I took my daughter for an eye appointment this morning that should have only taken 30 minutes, but they ended up having to put drops in her eyes, wait for her pupils to dilate, re-examine her then it was off to have new lenses put in her frames....so 30 minutes turned into 4 hours!! I didn't plan for this so had no snack with me which meant we ate junk. Now I'm scrambling to get back on track. I'm off to the chiropractor again this evening trying to deal with my shoulder issue. On the bright side, only 3 more days until I have a washer/dryer again!!! Who would have thought would be this excited to do laundry! LOL!!

Have an awesome day all!
Old 06-18-2014, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Would that be 8oz glasses?
Yessir.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I think it's cause I'm more social and more active.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) stop the insanity! no more binge eating- started in with chips after dinner but stopped myself. ate too much dinner and a late night "snack" I could have and should have lived without.YES
2) walk/gym 3x min this week - longer walk than usual, no, too hot and muggy to walk, and didn't go to gym YES GYM
3) 6 glasses water - y, ? YES
4) stretch daily -y, y, YES
5) meditate -y, y, no
6) practice Spanish daily- si un poco, si y con Miguel jajaja, no
7) WORK comes first (have been slacking)- yes, YES gave up a play date with friend to work, ummm but I did work
8) keep gratitude journal - yes, yes, yes
9) talk less/listen more - yes, yes, yes
10) weigh myself only on Friday - yes, no tooo curious, no
11) toss out 3 papers or 3 items - yes, yes, yes
12) no dairy, especially cheese - N, N Y
Old 06-18-2014, 05:25 PM
FitDay Member

I'm sorry I can't take the time right now to send everyone a message. My back popped out this morning when I was just standing there doing nothing. I felt a pop and then it felt like my whole right side there just slid downward. It's hard to describe, but it was something I've never felt before. I can barely move, and it keeps seizing up. I swear it's worth than labor. It is excruciatingly painful. I'm lucky that I hoard leftover hydrocodone any time I get a prescription. I've been taking them and it's slightly taking the edge off. But I've got to get off here and try to get back in bed.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! 2 more days until Saturday and I'll have a washer and dryer again! Over a month without them...it's been a lot of extra work so I can't wait until I have this luxury again! I've got my food planned out for the day and I'm trying some new recipes. I was sooooo bored of the stuff I was eating, so I'm trying to change it up to remotivate myself. If I find any good recipes, I'll be sure to share.

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Mike - Glad to see you posting even if it means are aren't really back!

As for me, dealing with cramps today (Sorry Mike!!) so I feel like craaaaaap!
You are too funny. I'll give you a little history. For a couple years this motivational thread was in the woman's section. I was the ONLY guy there for the longest time. I heard about it all. At first they would apologize then they quickly realized that nothing they say could offend me. In fact, quite often they would turn to me for advice... like I'm some damn Ann Landers LOL. I guess me "hanging around" all the women here prompted me to push the ladies into doing mammograms as I became the "guy's voice" for breast cancer awareness. I'd challenge them to get their checkups and many of them did. I believe one of our members found something but caught it early enough. THEN...... I did the walk for the cure. I was recruited by a team that was merely needing another member. I was given a small amount as a goal. So I got busy raising money. Mostly from the wonderful ladies here. Lets just say I surpassed my goal 10 fold. I offered to wear pink (and make a YouTube video wearing a pink shirt) if I reached a certain amount. The ladies knowing that I DON'T WEAR PINK generously gave. Then I upped it and said if I raised x amount I would wear a skirt AND shave my legs. Fortunately for me, I didn't hit that goal. I did however make my video, wearing pink and thanked all my ladies.
So yeah... don't worry about the "girl talk".

I'm sure some of the "old timers" here will remember that and vouch that I was a good sport... even though I was humiliated in pink.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, don't you know that real men wear pink? Wear it with pride.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by libby135
Mike, don't you know that real men wear pink? Wear it with pride.
I'm comfortable enough in my masculinity to not have to wear pink to prove that I'm a real man. I'm more of a green type of guy. Not a pale green... a many green.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.