FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 16 - 22 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11123-accountability-motivational-thread-june-16-22-a.html)

lildebbieg 06-16-2014 01:52 PM

Tonight, my daughter told me that I look like I have a baby in my belly! :( I swear this is what started me trying to lose weight in the first place. She's only 6...she just speaks from the heart....I feel so down right now! :o

canary52 06-16-2014 02:57 PM

Goals:
1) stop the insanity! no more binge eating- started in with chips after dinner but stopped myself.
2) walk/gym 3x min this week - longer walk than usual
3) 6 glasses water - y
4) stretch daily -y
5) meditate -y
6) practice Spanish daily- si un poco
7) WORK comes first (have been slacking)- yes
8) keep gratitude journal - yes
9) talk less/listen more - yes
10) weigh myself only on Friday - yes
11) toss out 3 papers or 3 items - yes

canary52 06-16-2014 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by lildebbieg (Post 109167)
Tonight, my daughter told me that I look like I have a baby in my belly! :( I swear this is what started me trying to lose weight in the first place. She's only 6...she just speaks from the heart....I feel so down right now! :o

My DD was about 3 when my friend's son asked me if I was having another baby. Not exactly an ego booster! Hang in there; you will lose the "baby" weight. In fact, you are doing it!!! Keep fighting the good fight.

We gotta teach these kids they don't always have to say what they think lol!!!!

lildebbieg 06-16-2014 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 109172)
My DD was about 3 when my friend's son asked me if I was having another baby. Not exactly an ego booster! Hang in there; you will lose the "baby" weight. In fact, you are doing it!!! Keep fighting the good fight.

We gotta teach these kids they don't always have to say what they think lol!!!!

Thanks for having my back Hope! :o

aimeet_1 06-16-2014 03:12 PM

Debbie & Hope- my DS has asked me why am I fat? It's hard to deal with such honesty from kids. They don't mean to be spiteful, just stating their own reality (which is greatly influenced by the perfect bodies they see in tv and magazines). Try not to judge yourself on those stereotypes. ((hugs)) I know it's hard to hear though..Really I do.

canary52 06-17-2014 01:13 AM

Debbie, we are here to support each other. You guys do this for me all the time. Through thick and thin as they say!

So I gave in and weighed myself this morning. Compulsion? Curiosity? I guess I wanted to know. It is, as I suspected, up so I might go back to food planning or logging for a bit.

lildebbieg 06-17-2014 01:59 AM

I'm sooooo with you Hope....I too need to do some serious food planning!

Thanks for the virtual hug Aimee...I needed that! ;)

jjrudd 06-17-2014 02:37 AM

Hi ladies. I'm still here, just having a busy week (birthday sat) so I won't post goals just going to eat healthy and make sure I get plenty of water in. Gonna be a hot week here.
Jenn

01gt4.6 06-17-2014 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 109153)
Goals:
1) stop the insanity! no more binge eating
2) walk/gym 3x min this week
3) 6 glasses water
4) stretch daily
5) meditate
6) practice Spanish daily
7) WORK comes first (have been slacking)
8) keep gratitude journal
9) talk less/listen more
10) weigh myself only on Friday
11) toss out 3 papers or 3 items

¿Cómo va todo? Me gusta objetivo no 9, sólo puedo imaginar que sugirió que una. Espero volver pronto, todo está tan agitado, aunque sé que es un paisito excusa, es la única que tengo.

canary52 06-17-2014 10:13 AM

Hola Miguel!!! Bienvenido!!! Objectivo 9 fue idea mia. No mas excusas, hijo. Como esta? Y tu esposa y las "chillens"?