Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15

Old 06-12-2014, 10:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default Can I Please Vent???

Never mind. lol

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 06-13-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: no need to vent anymore
Old 06-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

Aimee: Working out changes a lot of things!!! I'd take less cramps!! Looks like you and me are both on vacay next week. I'm going to try to get my exercising in. I think my mother has a stationary bike or an elliptical, and I should have no excuses for not getting on that thing whenever I can.

Mary: Great job on getting your workouts over with early!

Debbie: The tennis ball massages really work, I used to use them on my lower back, and I hope you figure out how to get them right on your shoulder! Nothing worse than a nagging injury. DH is finally feeling better and starting to peel; it looks awful, but he isn't having the "ant bite" pain anymore, which is good. Thanks for asking! This plateau is quite annoying and it's making me nervous because I travel home next week and I know food and exercise are going to be difficult. I was hoping to see a lower number today for some psychological motivation, but no such luck.

Libby: Of course we care Glad to see you back!!! Just get back on that saddle and we'll try to help you steer the horse.

Bea: So glad to hear from you and know you're feeling better and back at it. You just take care of yourself!

Jenai: For what it's worth, I agree with Debbie. Carbs before a workout and protein after is usually the way to go, or at least something with carbs in it. I find protein shakes before a workout make me feel heavy and blergh. Carbs will give you some quick energy. Quick tip for the ab workouts -- when I was doing Jillian Michaels workouts, they always gave the tip that the hands should be a very very light touch on the back of the head (fingertips) and you shouldn't be using them to pull up. Also, keep your head straight and stare at a poiint on the ceiling when you lift (don't curl your neck or shoulders). This will help you use your abdominals and not your neck/shoulders/back. You might not get up very high at first, but the abdominal strength will come.

As for me:

After having a great Thursday, I'm still right around 180. This is some official "stuck" right here!!!!! Yikes. I'm going to try and persevere, though, and just do my workout as I have been doing. I keep telling myself that I'm doing the right things. I'm going to be re-thinking my dinner (it's hard to cook things that both me and DH like) because I think that might be a key in getting the scale to move. I portion control myself well, but they're usually not the best in terms of my macros. Too many starches - couscous, rice, or things of that nature.

This weekend we have a quiet saturday planned and will probably do some packing, and Sunday we're helping a friend move. I solemnly swear that I will not have any alcohol during the process, since I determined earlier this week that the alcohol on the weekends might be part of the problem, too. It's gotta be food and not activity.

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of 4,000+ M: -1,281 T: -926 W: -616 Th: -1,431Total: -4,254
2) Protein > 20% of intake every day M: 23% T: 23% W: 19% Th: 27%
3) Water 64 oz. or more daily M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
4) Exercise 6x this week: Turbo schedule M: yes (40 mins cardio) T: yes (40 mins conditioning, 20 mins abs) W: yes (20 mins cardio) Th: yes (40 mins cardio)
5) Eat veggies with lunch and dinner M: lunch yes, dinner no T: lunch yes, dinner does tomato sauce count? W: lunch yes dinner no Th: yes
6) Weigh in and report on Friday M-Th: N/A F: 180.3. Still stuck.

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 06-17-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Bea Glad things are better. A spell like that can leave you drained for a few days no matter what the cause. Below 180 today - happy to be on the way down again. feeling motivated to lose - but not to work. very quiet in the office today. I think quitting at noon is in order. Have a great weekend everyone. I'm debating whether to expose myself to a BBQ with food and drinks in abundance or have a quiet weekend. I know my motivation can handle the quiet weekend. I'll have to see how strong I feel tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Today is shaping up to be another good day.
Mary, the BBQ last week end was my undoing. I was out of control and couldn't stop till I ate it all. What madness. I should have sent all the left overs home with my guests. You may be different and can handle it. Do what you feel is best for you. The lesson I learned is I can't trust my self around junk food.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, BBQ's sound like atomic calorie bombs to me. Of course, I can't resist potato salad, hot dogs, etc. For me, best to stay away. Maybe you have more willpower and can handle it though.

Terri, yes...persevere. You know the plan. Stick to it and results will happen. You'll probably lose a bunch at once as soon as you get off this plateau.

Aimee
you are doing great on your goals this week!

I was right when I predicted a half lb weight gain for myself earlier in the week. It had been at one point as much as 2 lbs higher, so I guess I should be happy it's gone down to just 1/2 lb gain. I hope Debbie was right and it was just my sodium intake. Calorie-wise I've been doing really good. Super good in fact. I worked out 3 times this week. That part could have been better, but I had been losing steadily without any exercise, so I would think I would lose with some exercise. I don't think I'm building much muscle yet, so I don't think that would be a weight gain. Also, I haven't lost any inches anywhere whatsoever for a couple weeks.

All that being said, tonight is take out night for us. I can't afford to do that to my body right now. I'll go get it for all of them, but I will have to resist and have a good salad or something instead.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:50 AM
FitDay Member

I'm really kind of frustrated. I just figured out my average calories over the past week have been 1473/day. This would give me about a 5500 calorie deficit (not including my exercising a few days). That means I should have lost at least 1.5lbs. But I gained 1/2lb. I just don't understand.

I'm not getting unmotivated because of this or anything. I'm just really disappointed. Several of us are going through the weight staying around the same despite our efforts. I don't want to be a part of that club! lol I will keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully soon it will start paying off.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Soooooooooooooooo, I've been eating myself stupid, to try and stop myself from eating what I really wanted, so last night, I just had them! 8 gloriously greasy deliciously divine chicken wings! And today I am ready to get back on track.

That is the first junk food I have had since Jan. I'm not sure if it was a good or bad decision, but for now I think it was the right one!

I feel satisfied and not grudgingly doing what I know I need to do. I just don't want this to become a habit!

It was nice to have a normal nutritious breakfast taste delicious and filling again, instead of still wanting something after.

Good or bad, time will tell.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai Have you checked for hidden calories? I sometimes check my portion size estimates and find I'm underestimating what I am consuming. I'm not sure what else might help.
Bea - sometimes we need to go off track. Getting back on is what counts. I came across a quote yesterday that I think was posted here a while ago.
You don't need to be perfect - you only need to keep progressing.
Sometimes I'm amazed because I will go off track for a day - and lose weight. Our bodies like to mess with our minds.
I'm skipping the BBQ. I went out for dinner and a couple beers last night and that was enough temptation for this weekend. I really want to make a dent in the 170's this month.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for Sat and Sunday anyway
1) walk or gym
2) water, 6 glasses min
3) Do not have serious talks before work
4) No meds for sleep, pain, etc.
5) get rid of 5 papers or 3 items
6) stay positive

Gotta get back to accountability, I think. It sure seems to help!!!

Bea, that sounded scary. I agree with everyone on ER for serious symptoms. So glad you are feeling better.

My project wasn't home improvement lol though we have been tackling that too, sloooooooowly. More of that coming soon. No this was dealing with family issues. Gave into a few bad habits, frustration, thinking I had to deal with everything alone, overeating, etc then pulled up my big girl pants, found support and am moving forward. Yay!!!!

Mary, I love that: no need to be perfect, only progressing. And I will add that sometimes we are progressing even if we don't see results right away. Sometimes just not giving up is progress.

Last edited by canary52; 06-14-2014 at 03:02 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Sometimes just not giving up is progress.
Love this!!! That should be a new quote that makes it's way around the internet!! And how appropriate that your name is Hope!

Sometimes just not giving up is progress. ~~ Hope ~~

I'm still working on that laundry room of ours! I'm hoping to be 95% done by tomorrow so I can get back to 'normal' life This project has shifted me off track once again....but never enough to throw in the towel!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.