Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Old 06-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Bea: Thanks for the encouragement!! Hoping it will come Monday Great job on your ab challenge, LOL at the twenty-five seconds!

Jenn: It might be easier not to go - sounds like you're thinking of reasons not to go, but do you have any compelling reasons to go? Maybe make a list of pros and cons and decide. You can always politely decline some cake and say you're stuffed! Cleaning sounds like good exercise to me!

Hope: Thanks!! Maybe it's the scientist in me; I'm trained to try to see noise and real trends for what they are and not get too caught up in little bumps here and there, haha. I usually think of anything within half a pound as noise. It could be real weight, it could be water, it could be inflammation, it could just be that I need to pee really bad! Haha! I think I should make that full sit-up a goal with you. When I did my ab workout today I kept trying to do a full one and failing miserably.

Debbie: Man, it sounds like you're on an awesome home improvement show!!!! Way to go! I can't wait until I own my own place and can learn how to do stuff like that, lol. DH is a mechanic and very handy and likes fixing stuff, I need to prove him I can be a useful assistant. I think you probably worked up a good sweat!

Thanks for the cal kudos -- I've always shown a really high burn according to the HRM, since I can remember anyway. I'm sure it'll be less when I get as little as you Congrats on the scale victory.

Aimee: HOLY COW, I am having sympathy ab pains just reading your day. You KILLED it, great job!

Jenai: NICE scale victory for you!!! Awesome!!! Weird how going up in calories can help. Maybe your body had kicked into starvation mode and was clinging to your weight for dear life? I bet your hard work on the Slim 6 is part of it too. HIGH FIVE!

As for me: The cookout today went okay. I had two hot dogs, a handful of chips, and a small ice cream sandwich. I probably should have skipped the ice cream sandwich, but I was very hot standing in the sun. It's a lazy excuse, but it is the real reason I ate the sandwich. I am having a very light dinner (tilapia and rice). We're going out to the bar tonight, but I'm going to try to nurse one light beer and minimize the damage.

In life in general, DH had a rough day today - we found out his grandfather passed away early this morning, and it turns out that a friend of his from high school also committed suicide yesterday, so he was dealing with two losses today. He seems to be handling it okay (his grandfather had been very, very sick) but I'm just going to be gentle and see how he goes. DH can be very closed-off with his feelings, but he is smiling and laughing a little bit, so I think he'll be alright. I don't think we'll make the funeral, but we'll send some flowers.

We have an active weekend planned - on Saturday some more disc golf, and on Sunday a 6-hour canoe trip is planned (assuming the reservations went through....). I'm supposed to do a workout on Sunday according to Turbo; I think I'll see how I feel after the canoeing. If I'm pooped, I'll skip it, but I really want to try to get it in, so that's the plan! I will check in after getting back from the bar, or first thing tomorrow morning if it's close to bedtime.

Have a lovely Friday afternoon/evening ladies!

~Terri
Old 06-06-2014, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

Terri, so sorry to hear of you and your dh's losses.
Debbie, remodeling counts as exercise in my book! Sounds like you did a lot!

I don't know what is up with me. It must be my period. I feel completely drained, down, unmotivated, lackluster...shall I go on? lol I didn't exercise yesterday because I was in bed for the better part of 24 hours. I didn't want to exercise tonight either. I reeeeeaaaallllly didn't want to. I have no energy. You'd think I'd be pumped coming off a 4lb loss this week and want to do more. But I really just want to do nothing. I have barely eaten anything today either. Maybe that has something to do with my energy level.

As much as I didn't want to I pushed play and started exercising. I barely got into it and felt like I'd been going at it for an hour already. I'm sad to admit that I only did 16 minutes. i got in the warmup, standing abwork and all the lunge work. I guess it's better than nothing.

I signed up with a new coach this morning. I hope she's better for me. We'll see.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:49 PM
FitDay Member

Terri- wow! You've got a packed weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun out-of-the norm exercising. I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's grandfather and also his friend.

Jenai- It does sound like you didn't get a lot of energy today and maybe from not eating as much. Congrats on your great news of 4.2lbs lost. And good for you that you at least did some of your workout.

Debbie-- That remodel work def. counts as a workout, IMO. Good luck with it.

I was good tonight. DH and kids made smores on the grill and I ate zero. For dinner, we did grilled chicken and asparagus. I did have a bit of mashed potato with it, but only a couple spoonfuls. I am sooo tired. Off to bed.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:47 PM
FitDay Member

Just an update. I already like being associated with my new coach better. I haven't talked with her very much yet, but she has a closed FB group of her team that seems to be pretty active. I posted about my struggles with lack of motivation and energy. One of the other members responded and we messaged back and forth maybe 10 times or so. Just talking to someone like that alone was a help. And, as a bonus, she was very encouraging. Because of that exchange over the course of the night I am feeling better, have a better attitude, and I'm ready to get back at it tomorrow.

What I decided is that I will go backwards and do the Start It Up workout tomorrow, which is only 34 minutes. 55 minutes has been sounding really intimidating, and after taking a couple days off, 34 minutes doesn't sound as terrifying.

But, you never know. I may get super motivated at the thought of going "backwards" tomorrow and use that as a challenge to do the Ramp It Up 55 minute video after all. I don't know. Maybe. lol But whatever I do, as long as I push "play" I will be happy with myself.

I can't believe the year is half gone already. I was looking at my weight loss since January, and I'm a little discouraged about that. I haven't been losing very fast. Ok, wait a minute. I just looked at my FitDay calendar and it looks like I started logging my food the 2nd week of February. That's about 15 weeks. So I guess losing 2.3lbs/wk is good after all. Yea! I'm so glad I went and checked that out more carefully because I had in my head I started the beginning of January, but I didn't. Ok, I feel better now.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Jenai and Aimee: Thanks very much for the condolences. We will be okay

Jenai: Sometimes lack of motivation can hit like a sack of potatoes in the face. I'm glad you were able to talk to someone about it "in real time" - (sometimes waiting for a forum reply here can be too long!) - and that you felt like it helped. I sometimes get the douldrums like that for no earthly reason; I can't think of anything that triggers it, but I just need a day or so in bed. I find that whenever it happens, I figure out the reason for it like two weeks later. You've been doing fantastic and perhaps just needed a rest. Or, maybe your body is struggling to let go of your older low-cal habits, and you're seeing that that leads to little energy. Or, maybe something else is bothering you entirely!

2.3 lbs/week is wonderful, healthy weight loss. Sometimes you watch shows like the Biggest Loser and see them pulling 10 lbs./week, but they have personal trainers for hours a day making them work out! I'd probably lose 5 lbs./week if I had that, too!! I'm glad you feel a little better and I hope you remain proud of yourself!

Aimee: Great job on the s'mores!

As for me: Had two light beers last night. Could have been better, but could have been far worse. I ate zero appetizers. Today is a scheduled off-day for Turbo but I will be active this afternoon - there's an alumni event at the school I work for as well as planned disc golf activities. However, we are also planning on going out to dinner (dun dun dunnnnnnn). It's a local burger place without a menu or nutrition stuff online, so I'm flying by the seat of my pants. I've been there a couple of times before and I know they have salads on the menu, and I think they also have a turkey burger, so I will try to go for one of those things.

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of -4,000 for 7 days M: -300 T: -1,009 woot woot! W: -884 Th: -1,077 F: -438 Total: -3,708
2) Exercise 6x this week. Follow Turbo schedule. M: yes (20 mins cardio/20 mins abs) T: yes (40 mins cardio) W: yes (40 minutes strength/20 minutes abs) Th: yes (40 mins cardio) F: yes (20 mins cardio, 20 mins abs)
3) Water at least 64 oz. per day M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes F: honestly not sure
4) Protein at least 20% every day M: 16% T: 23% W: 16% Th: 27% F: 18%
5) Weigh in on Friday and Report M-Th: N/A F: 180.0
6) In bed by 11:00 every night M: No T: 11:00 on the nose W: No - fell asleep on the couch; woke up and went to bed ~11:20 Th: yes F: Not close

~Terri
Old 06-07-2014, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies! I haven't been able to read all the posts this morning (except for Jenai's awesome weigh in success!!! ). My daughter has her ballet and jazz recital today so it's an extra busy morning. I'm still amidst the laundry room remodel....and as a result didn't get in a formal workout again yesterday...except for the 30 Day Ab Challenge..at least it's short enough I can find the time for it! After the recital today, we'll be working on the laundry room again. Tomorrow will be a mirror image of today except instead of dance it will be dd's gymnastics showcase. Busy, busy!

I'll be back (said in my best terminator voice)
Old 06-07-2014, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I say go for the turkey burger. sounds good and healthy too. 2 light beers is not so bad. and no appetizers? that's commendable!!! I for one can't pass up some good appetizers. They're little calorie atomic bombs, though, aren't they?
Debbie, Life with kids keeps us on our toes, doesn't it? Some fun things going on. Hope you post pics of your remodel.

I've been kind of bummed that I didn't take "before" photos from back when I started. I never let anyone take pics of me because I'm too ashamed of how I look. Then I remembered that when we went to Disneyland 2 weeks before I started back logging food, someone sneaked a pic of me, all 277 lbs of me!

And then for my daughter's graduation I took one photo with her because I didn't want to be completely absent from this big moment in her life. Then I realized that in both pics I was wearing the same shirt. I cropped them and put them side by each for comparison. In the graduation pic I was 248, a difference of 29 lbs. I'm going to go out on a limb and post the pic here...this is a safe place without criticism and humiliation after all, right? I think you can tell a difference in the thickness of my neck as well as the width of my arms and chest. Be honest...do you see any difference? (hope the pic attaches correctly.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
making progress.jpg (20.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-07-2014, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Lovely to meet you Jenai!!

It is definitely noticeable. You are losing all over!
Old 06-07-2014, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Jenai, thanks for posting pics! I can definitely see a difference in your neck, chest, and face!!! You're doing awesome!
Old 06-07-2014, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai-!!!! I most def. see a difference. Your face and neck are a lot more defined in that more recent photo. Keep up the good work.

Day 6 of Ab Challenge done:
35 situps (had to stop after 20)
15 crunches (did them all at once)
15 leg raises (had to stop briefly after 8)
25 sec plank (did all at once)

Last edited by aimeet_1; 06-07-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.