Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Old 06-04-2014, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Day 3 done of ab challenge. Tomorrow is a rest day, shew. I can't seem to make it without resting at times, but I am getting all the exercises in. I haven't done situps since I was in HS and my number was a lot higher that I could do then, ha ha ha!

I read the most amazing story here in fitday yesterday. Jacklin-a 41 year old mom that had lost 100 lbs over the past year. If you haven't read it-- I highly rec. it. It's here under motivational threads. Forgot the actual name but something like healthy lifestyle was in the title. Wow! Amazing stuff. I'm feeling esp. inspired to keep going now.

Here are my goals:

1) Drink 5-6 glasses water (M/Y, T/Y, W/will do)
2) Log foods (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y
3) workout 3-4 times week (M/Y, T/N, W/Y
4) 2 snacks plus 3 healthy meals daily (M/Y, T/N, W/will do)
Old 06-04-2014, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Aimee!!

I did day 3 yesterday and had to stop twice for both the sit ups and leg raises. I am enjoying the day off today. Enjoy yours tomorrow
Old 06-04-2014, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Day 3 of the 30 Day Ab Challenge done and a 40 minute cardio circuit workout. My cals were a little high again today, but I managed a 300 cal deficit. I would have liked to have seen that number higher...but there's always tomorrow
Old 06-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Debbie: It's so funny, I hear so many different things - the fat burning zone is above the cardio zone, or below it, but all I know is the sweat is good

Hope: I'm always humbled to be an inspiration. Let me know how it works out with you. I think numbers are a funny thing; I have a friend who can't count calories because she becomes super-obsessed with it (down to the gram) and does better when she just works on portion control and making sure she works out. For me, I find the numbers are empowering and they don't rule over me at all. We all have to find our good balance. If the new schedule works for you, I'm happy to nudge you in that direction!

I love Farmer's Markets though! You spent the $$, but I hope it was for something good

Aimee, Bea, and Debbie: Excellent job on your abs challenges!! Nice! I hope you're all feeling yourselves get stronger as you go on, and maybe you should measure your torsos to see if there are any changes by the end of the month! I bet there will be.

My calorie deficit is ahead of schedule this week, which I am happy about I ate ~1550 cals today, but I had a high burn according to my HRM and I was actually quite hungry. At first I was surprised at the protein number, but given that I had california rolls and shrimp/cucumber rolls for lunch, it's not too surprising - a lot of rice/veggies and only little bits of meat in there. I also didn't have any protein with breakfast I realize, and I think that's where it'll be easiest for me to get more in. I used to regularly hit 25% daily, and I know I can do it again.

I'm going to go craft for an hour or so before bed I will check in with you lovely, inspirational ladies tomorrow! Really great thread this week!

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of -4,000 for 7 days M: -300 T: -1,009 woot woot! W: -884 Total: -2,193
2) Exercise 6x this week. Follow Turbo schedule. M: yes (20 mins cardio/20 mins abs) T: yes (40 mins cardio) W: yes (40 minutes strength/20 minutes abs)
3) Water at least 64 oz. per day M: yes T: yes W: yes
4) Protein at least 20% every day M: 16% T: 23% W: 16%
5) Weigh in on Friday and Report M-Th: N/A
6) In bed by 11:00 every night M: No T: 11:00 on the nose

~Terri
Old 06-04-2014, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

YAY!! I forgot to add my workout for the day into the activity tracker...so I actually have a 600 calorie deficit! That's more like it!
Old 06-04-2014, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

I think I'm too high maintenance for the Team Beachbody coaches that I've tried. When I was looking and kind of interviewing coaches they gave me in depth and impressive responses to my questions. But I just cut off my 2nd coach and will be switching again because she is not giving me what I need. I need a cheerleader. Someone in my corner who will get excited for me when I succeed and encourage me when I falter. I want nutritional and exercise questions answered, Beachbody general questions answered, product information, etc. etc. I mean, Beachbody makes it a big deal that you'll get 24/7 support from the company and such great support from a coach. Maybe I'm expecting too much. Feeling a little frustrated tonight. I also tried doing my workout before dinner, but I started to feel sick after about 10 minutes and had to stop. I think because my stomach was empty. I ate dinner a bit ago, so I'll try again in a little while.

Feeling very blah tonight.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:36 PM
FitDay Member

You girls on the ab challenge are rockin' it!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:48 PM
FitDay Member

Hang in there Jenai, you will find what you need in a coach, and if you don't, you will create it in yourself Who better to know what you need, right?

I see you just posted, so hopefully today is a brighter day. You've got this, let's have a successful day!!

(I am SOO dreading the ab challenge today lol)
Old 06-04-2014, 10:09 PM
FitDay Member

Bea, Thanks for the encouragement. I kind of need it. You are going to knock that ab work right out of the park!

I ended up starting over on my workout video last night after dinner settled. I did 10 minutes before dinner, started it over from the beginning and got to minute 32. Completed all the standing work on the core, arms, lunges, plies, squats and also did the section on resistance bands. But I stopped before the floor work. I didn't do the 2nd half. I still got in 42 minutes of huffin/puffin/sweatin and burning muscles. I'm kind of disappointed in myself that I gave in and quit, but at the same time 42 minutes is not bad for a day's workout.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Jenai, I understand your frustration and totally feel you. A lot of coaches are either too much tough-love (i.e., you can always do harder, do more, no acknowledgement of what you ARE doing) or impatient in answering questions. I've never used the Beachbody website or coach system even though I use the TurboJam workout. I love the workout, but honestly, you ladies are my coaches I agree with Bea -- you'll find what you need or make what you need. You seem like a very persistent, take-no-excuses kind of person, and that is rare and awesome.

Don't settle. You'll be great. I mean, look at you, feeling blah and still getting your workout done. We all have days we don't quite finish or only do 75%

I like to remember this quote: "No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you're still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying" (attributed to Tony Robbins) -- so don't be disappointed! Be proud! You are doing GREAT and you know what you want! That is to be celebrated! I am dancing in my chair for you!

Debbie: Woot woot! Feels good to find those extra calories, haha! Good job!

Bea: You know you're an ab champion, you'll knock it right out and give yourself a high-five

I am sore from the neck down this morning, which is great (Sore = changing body!) but also UGH because I'm SORE! Lol. I usually avoid taking ibuprofin when I'm sore from working out because it makes me hold fluid, but I might need it today, and then just glug water like a maniac. I've got 40 minutes of cardio planned, and I also hope that warming up the muscles and jumping around helps. Part of the cardio workout has squats though, and my glutes/hams/quads are definitely the sore-est, so that'll be a challenge.

(Then again, I'm kind of amazed my glutes hurt. Normally even after squats and lunges they don't, even though I know they're supposed to. I'm wondering if maybe my form is getting better!)

I'll see you guys later - happy Thursday!

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.