Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

Week 3, Day 2 of Slim in 6 (Ramp It Up video) DONE! I admit I skipped the last 4 minutes of yoga...I'm just not graceful or limber enough (yet). But I'll get there. and btw, I did ALL 20 PUSHUPS!!! And during the sitting hamstring stretches, I reached all the way to my toes! Sometimes I can't do all the reps, as high, as fast, or in exact form, but I push myself to the limit and that's all I can do. It will all get faster, more, etc. in time. GO ME!

Then, just as I'm catching my breath, my dd puts a plate of 2 big fat melty smores in front of me. lol. ugh, how do I not eat them without hurting her tender little feelings???

(Update: I ate 1 and 1/2 of the smores. so much for the exercise. lol)

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 06-03-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default I just had to share this!

Good Morning!

So this Whoosh I kept hearing about but never saw. I think I know what it is.

Check out the pic

That was a quick snap after I stepped off the scale, before it turns off. I weigh naked, Trust me the world is NOT ready for THAT lol

I feel SO accomplished
Fluffy bunnies, purple rainbows and happy clouds for everyone!

Let's keep up this week of awesome accomplishments, accountability, and motivation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
scale.jpg (41.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Debbie: I have a Sportline DUO 1010 with the chest strap I love that it shows calories tracked as well as percent of time at workout I spend at different levels of heart rate. If anything, I tend to spend too much time near VMAX (above 90% Max HR) because I work out HARD, sometimes it reminds me to settle down and get back in the proper cardio zone. I do tend to burn lots of cals, though, or at least I did last time I was on the saddle. Excited to see what it shows again!

I haven't figured out how to post a picture that's not from a website I have a photobucket account and use that to post pics here (even if they are ginormous).

Jenai: Giiiiirrrrrl, look at you go! KILLING IT! I am dancing in my seat for you. Don't worry too much about the s'mores. A blip on the radar in comparison to your successes!

Bea: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! You go girl! Congratulations for hitting the 200s, what an awesome milestone! See, your body was just being stubborn. I almost always have a 'holding pattern' right before a big loss like that. Your hard work is paying off!

Update on bed for me last night: I got in at 11:00 on the nose. Hubs wanted to hang out a bit before bed, so my plans to get in at 10:30 were somewhat foiled, but spending time is worth it.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Another day to work towards our goals I ended up going higher in calories than planned yesterday but still managed 100 cal deficit. Coudlhave been way better....could have been way worse I attached a picture of my progress. The after pic is from January but that is where I'm at...still. It's a teeny pic, but if you click on it it's a little larger. As you can see, I carry my weight mostly in my torso...and a little all over...but mostly my torso. Proud of my progress! I can't wait to hit my goal and post my real after pictures! I'm so glad I took pictures, because the changes are subtle enough that I know I wouldn't see them in the mirror.

Bea - AWESOME!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Your persistence and patience are paying off!! Very inspiring!

Terri - Spending time with your man is worth staying up late for I tend to work out at a high intensity as well...burns more calories for sure! They say you burn more fat that way as well rather than working out in the 'cardio zone'.

Jenai - Great job getting in your workout! As for the smores....if you had to eat them, eating them right after a workout is probably the best time since your body would quickly process them to replace the glycogen in your muscles that you may have used up during your workout....could also sabotage your efforts and negate the workout. Not to worry though...that was only one day, today's a new day!

Have an awesome day!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 01-05-2015 at 05:54 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

WOW Debbie, that is awesome! Look at the difference in your core, I see an enviable abdomen in your future!

Am I allowed to say, I think the blue bra is pretty, without sounding creepy

Well done... your abs and back look awesome!
Old 06-04-2014, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, to post pics, (they will be shrunk to < 19kb) you will want them downloaded on your computer.

You can't use QR to reply, you will need to click POSTREPLY button at the top of the page, that then allows you to click a paperclip to attach an image.

I hope that helps
Old 06-04-2014, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplybea
WOW Debbie, that is awesome! Look at the difference in your core, I see an enviable abdomen in your future!

Am I allowed to say, I think the blue bra is pretty, without sounding creepy

Well done... your abs and back look awesome!
LOL! You're funny Bea....definitely not creepy I love that bra too! It has pretty little rhinestones too...but I don't think you can see them in that little picture. Sadly, that bra no longer fits...guess it's not just my abdomen that shrunk! Oh well...I'll take smaller badoobies if that means a smaller torso too!
Old 06-04-2014, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Bea, Yea you! You go, girl! That's such a great photo, and I'm so happy for you!

Debbie, It's not subtle at all. It's a big difference. You are looking really good!

Terri, quality time together is valuable. Enjoy those moments!

I'm ready to start a new day. Ready for a day with a bit lower calories, some good exercise, some good time with my kids, and more "getting to know my pillow" time while I check out the insides of my eyelids.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

Bea - thanks!!! I'll remember that for the future. I guess I'll decide which pictures I wish to be ginormous and which I wish to be smaller

Debbie: WOW - what a huge difference in your torso - abs AND back! I should probably take more pictures, maybe every 10 lbs. or something once I hit my first mini-goal.

Jenai: Sounds like you have a good day planned! I feel like I didn't check out my eyelids enough last night - there was a crazy thunderstorm that ripped through and woke both me and DH up.

Just finished my 60 minutes of weights/abs. My legs were shaking something fierce and I felt like I couldn't go as hard on my abs today, but I finished and I got a good burn. I did start to feel it in my lower back, too, but I know that's just core strength I need to build up, and I was mindful of it. I actually felt like I was sweating MORE lifting the weights than I did during my cardio (but less red-faced) and my HRM says I burned 666 kcal in one hour and five minutes of working out, which is just about 10 kcal/hr -- lifting WEIGHTS, that's not even cardio. I remember I used to burn 14-15 kcal/min doing cardio before, so I'm curious to see if I do that again.

Going to go hop in the shower now that I'm feeling a little less shaky and can stand under the water without worrying about slipping, haha!

Have a great day everyone!

~Terri
Old 06-04-2014, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Hope: You'll figure out a scale schedule the works for you Excellent job on getting your walking and water in today!

~Terri
Funny you should say that because I added a goal:
Goals:
1) Remember to feel blessed - Y, Y
2) Stretch daily - Y, Y
3) Eating: healthy, not obsessive -Y, eating tooooo much
4) Stop the binges: remember it's not what I'm eating, it's what's eating me:ate a bit more than necessary haha but WASN'T a binge, mini binge
5) Take a walk: I took TWO, took a walk with DH
6) 6 glasses of water ( thanks for the idea, Jenn): 5, 6 and counting
7) Weigh myself once a week instead of twice a day. N, N, Y

Terri, thanks for being an inspiration there! I am trying to train myself out of certain compulsive behavior. Like today, much as I want to go to the weekly local farmer's market, I spent a long time on Skype with DD and I have to work.
Update: I worked and went to the Farmers Market for a break and would have been JUST FINE and $$ richer without it.

Debbie, you are transforming yourself girl! Your abs look great. And, I'm with Bea: the blue bra rocks!

Speaking of Bea, you did it!!!! I knew you would.

Jenai, the things we do for our kids lol!! It was a mercy eating. You couldn't hurt DD's feelings. You'll work it off.

Aimee good luck on the ab challenge! You guys are gonna OWN IT when you hit the beach this summer. While I will be in my one piece lol.

Last edited by canary52; 06-04-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.