Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Old 06-03-2014, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Just seeing this newer thread. Doh !
Love that sweaty workout photo Terri ! You go girl!

Bea- wow! Jealous of your core. That is one of my weakest parts. I'm always seeming to stop on those types of excercises and also try to be careful of my lower back as it seems weaker.

Debbie & Bea- When does the 30 day ab challenge start? I may be interested in joining you guys.

Jenai-- that was awesome about you going to the next level on the exercise routine to help be a positive role model for your DD. Love it!

Goals:
1) Drink 5-6 glasses water (M/Y, T/ will do)
2) Log foods (M/Y, T/Y
3) workout 3-4 times week (M/Y, T/N
4) 2 snacks plus 3 healthy meals daily (M/Y, T/will do)
Old 06-03-2014, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Aimee,

Any time you like... I started it yesterday, but moved right to day 2, since it was the 2nd of June, and I like consistency, (Or I'm old and need an easy way to keep track )
Old 06-03-2014, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Bea. I skipped to day 2 and did those just now. Here we go!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I really like your 1st goal. I need to do the same. Thanks for the reminder.

Terri, great pic of you being strong and beautiful!

I'm still feeling great after my tough Ramp It Up workout with the Slim in 6 program. I hope I can carry that feeling all the way until workout time. Some people tell me to do it in the morning or early in the day that way it gets done and over with early. But evening is my strongest point of the day. I just don't do early very well at all.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I just got home from seeing the plastic surgeon. I was sanding some furniture and got a sliver in my finger about three weeks ago. He froze the area and dug around it with a needle and pulled out the sliver with tweezers.
He wants me to watch for infection so I am going to be careful.
I have been working up a sweat cleaning the house to get ready for company on Saturday. I am washing walls and floors, vacuuming and dusting and by the end of the day I am exhausted and I sleep good. If I did this every day my house would always be clean and I would look better too.

Bea, you rock. 299 is so close. I have never done planks but I am going to.
Terri, great picture, beet faced and sweaty but strong and beautiful.
I love the positive attitude of the group and all the exercise. We are bound to have good numbers on the scale by Friday.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
Some people tell me to do it in the morning or early in the day that way it gets done and over with early. But evening is my strongest point of the day. I just don't do early very well at all.
I personally work out in the morning so there is less chance of something coming up that causes me to skip a workout. BUT...the best time to workout is the time that works for you and if you don't do early very well, evening workouts are just as effective
Old 06-03-2014, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Remember to feel blessed - Y, Y
2) Stretch daily - Y, Y
3) Eating: healthy, not obsessive -Y, eating tooooo much
4) Stop the binges: remember it's not what I'm eating, it's what's eating me: ate a bit more than necessary haha but WASN'T a binge, mini binge
5) Take a walk: I took TWO, took a walk with DH
6) 6 glasses of water ( thanks for the idea, Jenn): 5, 6 and counting

Bea and Terri, you guys are an inspiration. Terri, I LOVE the pic, a sweaty woman is a happy woman. And here you are glowing with accomplishment. Bea, I admire your core strength, especially since I tried the challenge and could not do day 1! Yikes! But I have determined that I am going to walk and keep walking and do a bit more and a bit more. Baby steps. Fibro people actually suffer from something called exercise intolerance. I am NOT making this up! I LOVE to exercise, no lie. Between bad knees, back and fibro, I have lost strength (I almost said gotten weak) but I have determined I am getting stronger!! I am strong to have faced all I have in life and I am getting stronger. And ALL you guys serve as great examples so thank you!!!!

Teri maybe I will find the strength to banish the scale, at least for a bit.

Jenai, goal #1 really helps! I hope you go for it too!

Debbie, consistency is where it is at, with anything: diet, exercise, work, parenting, life!

Last edited by canary52; 06-03-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

You guys are awesome! Haha, thanks for all the encouragement; whether my face is more like beets or beef, I'm blushing now!

Bea, Aimee, and Debbie: Rooting you guys on for your abs challenge, yeaaaaahhh! Go get it!!!

Hope: You'll figure out a scale schedule the works for you Excellent job on getting your walking and water in today!

Libby: Ouch on the finger! Definitely take care of that. You are a domestic goddess, haha! I bet my apartment isn't half as clean as your house.

Jenai: Work out on whatever schedule works for you! I had a friend who loves working out at 10:00 at night. She said it knocked her out before bed and didn't get the adrenaline rush afterwards that a lot of people do. You just get you and keep rockin' it!

Good news: Got my heart rate monitor working! A couple of years ago DH (then BF) bought me a really fancy model with the chest strap, but the batteries wore out long ago and I couldn't find the proper replacement battery. Turns out DH had them at work! So starting on tomorrow I'll get a more accurate measurement of my actual calorie burn.

Tomorrow's workout is a strength training workout (Turbo sculpt) followed by 20 minutes of abs, so a full 60 minutes of strength training tomorrow - I'm going to be sore! Haha. I have a noon lunch meeting so I want to make sure I'm up, blood pressure is good, get my strength training and shower in before the meeting; ideally before 11:00. We're going to a sushi place for lunch, so that should at least not be a total calorie bomb. I hope! Haha.

Today was a great day for me numbers-wise, making up for "Mediocre Monday"

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of -4,000 for 7 days M: -300 T: -1,009 woot woot! Total: -1,309
2) Exercise 6x this week. Follow Turbo schedule. M: yes (20 mins cardio/20 mins abs) T: yes (40 mins cardio)
3) Water at least 64 oz. per day M: yes T: yes
4) Protein at least 20% every day M: 16% T: 23%
5) Weigh in on Friday and Report M-Th: N/A
6) In bed by 11:00 every night M: No T: I promise I will! Does that count? (will update tomorrow)

~Terri
Old 06-03-2014, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

I'm trying to post a picture that's not a website picture? It's incredible the difference 20 lbs. can make!!!! I can't wait to post my goal weight pictures
Old 06-03-2014, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Bea, Aimee, and Debbie: Rooting you guys on for your abs challenge, yeaaaaahhh! Go get it!!!

Good news: Got my heart rate monitor working! A couple of years ago DH (then BF) bought me a really fancy model with the chest strap, but the batteries wore out long ago and I couldn't find the proper replacement battery. Turns out DH had them at work! So starting on tomorrow I'll get a more accurate measurement of my actual calorie burn.
Thanks Terri! I love challenges like this!!

I haven't had to replace the batteries in my HRM until today! I had to go to 6 different stores until I found the batteries that I needed. I love my HRM to track the calories burned in a workout!! What kind to you have? I have a Polar FT7...love it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.