Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Old 06-03-2014, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Day 3 ab challenge - Done!

I had to stop at:
after sit up 15
and after sit up 22! ( was hoping to only stop once, but I did the best I could)

Crunches, no problem with those - I can do 40-50 without stopping

Leg raises (These kill more than anything else!!)
Stopped after
5 and 8
I could have possibly only stopped once, but I was getting sloppy in execution, so I stopped for a few seconds and did the last 2 properly

Plank:
Well I did the best plank I could for 15 seconds.. there is a lot of me to hold up

Finally the scale is moving! 300.5 today......299 is in sight!
Old 06-03-2014, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Debbie: Thanks for the positivity Once again, it's the social eating that gets me. I just need more practice in how to say "no" in a way that's comfortable for me. The weekend was definitely active and fun, and it was with DH (who works soooo much) so it was like a double-bonus. I am wondering if I ever get down to a weight near yours if I'll have to monitor the scale more often!

Hope: Took me a long time to break the constant weighing habit - and the constant weighing in beginning was the reason I knew NOT to weigh myself on Monday, because I learned that I hold sodium like a beast. One high-sodium day and I'm up 5 lbs. the next day from the water retention; I have no idea if this is normal or not, but I saw it enough times to learn that the scale lies after I have a high-sodium day or a few days, so I just learned not to torture myself. Hopefully it's all flushed out by Friday. I love your attitude this week!!!! I hope it helps you feel good. It's so good to remember "I am not a bad person for eating pie" - plenty of other things make me a bad person, haha, but NOT whatever goes into my body. Thanks for the reminder!

Bea: I'm going to stick to my Turbo, but maybe some month I'll try that ab challenge!!! Thanks for posting, and good for you for doing it! Phew!

Jenai: LOOK AT YOU GO!!!! You should be SO proud of yourself; it's always esier when we're doing it for someone else, isn't it? I hope you do inspire your daughter as much as you've inspired me!

As for me:

I am super-frustrated right now, although it has nothing to do with my meh numbers on Monday (I expected meh numbers due to knowing what I was having for dinner; DH was cooking, it's never diet when he cooks!). We've been having internet issues for ~2 weeks where it will just go in and out randomly; on for an hour, off for two, on for 15 minutes, off for half an hour, on for four hours, etc. -- just totally random in-and-out issues. We FINALLY got a technician out today to look at it and he said he solved it (it was an issue with our apartment hookup) but not 10 minutes after he left -- it started up again, only this time happening faster; on for 10, off for 10, on for 5, off for 5, etc. etc.

So I called the cable company back and they're like "Oh, we're showing a general outage for your area!"

My TV is working fine. My internet isn't out-out, it's cycling on-and-off (which is honestly MORE annoying) and I told her that, and I asked her to please send the tech right back, since he just left.

She's like "Oh, well since we're showing a general outage, any ticket I submit will be auto-cancelled" - I get it, I imagine they don't want their system flooded with tickets they can do nothing about, but COME ON. You're telling me you can't red-flag this or something? I'm SURE they have a system like that. If I was Oprah you'd bet he'd be right back in a jiffy!!!

So they said to call back after 2:00, which means I have to sit here with my thumb up my butt until then, apparently. Just submitting this took four cycles of the internet to get my numbers to report for you guys. SO frustrating!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I suppose I'll take this energy and kill my cardio today. 40 minutes cardio on the schedule today! Off I go!

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of -4,000 for 7 days M: -300 Total: -300
2) Exercise 6x this week. Follow Turbo schedule. M: yes (20 mins cardio/20 mins abs)
3) Water at least 64 oz. per day M: yes
4) Protein at least 20% every day M: 16%
5) Weigh in on Friday and Report M-Th: N/A
6) In bed by 11:00 every night M: No

~Terri
Old 06-03-2014, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning fitday friends I was up at 4:45 am and got in a nice 5 km run...before it started to rain. I'm glad I got outdoors to enjoy the morning because it's supposed to rain here for the rest of the week. Jenn, I guess the Ontario weather you were talking about yesterday made it's way to Ottawa too Meals planned for the day and on top of the morning run, I also managed to get in day 2 of the 30 day ab challenge Bea and I are doing. Any other takers?!?!?!

Bea - I added the image clicking the 'insert image' icon and adding the url to the image. Hope that helps!

Hope - Good job on hitting your goals yesterday...maybe not perfect but it's not about perfection, it's about consistency...right!!! Great job!

Jenai - I'm so proud of you for pushing yourself and attacking Ramp It Up!! 'They' say (whoever they is?!?! ) that we are more capable than we realize. I say that is so very true! Yes, we do have to take our time to build up strength and stamina (otherwise you could end up with an injury) to be able to tackle harder workouts, but it is very possible! When I started running, I thought I'd never be able to run for more than a minute at a time....that was 5 years ago. My run this morning took me 28 minutes and I never need to stop anymore. I could easily stop and take a break, but I just push through...it really is mind of matter when it comes to exercise. Sure, I slow my pace if I feel I'm working too hard (no shame in that) and I will take a break if really needed it (no shame in that either!), but I've learned over time that I can do a lot more than I ever gave myself credit for in the past. Unfortunately, we can't make those around us (not even our children) do something they don't want to do or believe they can't do. But I'm certain that you leading by example really does teach your children what it takes to be healthy. Good on you!!! I hope your daughter sticks with the softball....she must be really good to have earned 1 of 3 final spots!

Have an awesome day lovely ladies
Old 06-03-2014, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Bea and Terri - I missed your posts earlier...I was probably still typing mine when you posted

Bea - This ab challenge is no joke! Have you tried doing the sit ups on a stability ball. I find it takes the work off my hip flexors and is easier on the low back and actually focuses more on my abs when I do them on the stability ball. As for the leg raises, to take the pressure off your low back you can put your hands, palms down, under your hips. Last but not least, you can always do a modified plank with your knees on the ground. However you do it, be proud of your accomplishment!

Terri
- so frustrating when any form of technology isn't working as expected. That's enough to make me scream! As for the scale, I need to get on it daily. If there's one thing I've learned over the past year is that it's not easy to lose weight. In my mind I thought it would be much easier than this! I've had to exercise way more than I thought I would need to and eat much less than I thought in order to make the scale budge. Another really important lesson I've learned is, it's just as hard to keep it off as it was to lose it in the first place. Daily weighing in to keep myself on track will always be necessary. But that's just me....if I'm not weighing daily I tend to stray too easily...getting on the scale daily makes me more aware of adjustments I need to do to stay on track. Hope you have an awesome workout!
Old 06-03-2014, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Hopefully a little motivation - we all talk about getting hot and sweaty and gross after a workout - but hey, the sweaty and gross means we DID the workout!

So here's me, sweaty, beef-faced, gross, no makeup, directly after my cardio workout today! I apologize for the GIGANTIC PICTURE but hey, you know, if you got it flaunt it?

Old 06-03-2014, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie,

There are certain parts of my body that are pretty strong and my core has always been one. I do my sit ups, legs flat out, not braced anywhere and a complete full sit up with my legs on the floor

I do keep my hands under my hips for the leg raises, and the plank is from my toes, so all in all, I did a decent job today!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Terri:

So here's me, sweaty, beef-faced, gross, no makeup, directly after my cardio workout today!

I'm going to rewrite that line for you, as I see it

So here's YOU, GLOWING, ACCOMPLISHED, BEAUTIFUL!, NATURAL, directly after YOUR cardio workout today!

(Not sure what beef-faced is supposed to represent, but all I see is a strong healthy woman!)
Old 06-03-2014, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

You're so sweet Bea! Beef-faced just means that my face is VERY red after I work out, somewhat like beef before it's cooked, haha! It's a term my Mom always used to describe herself after she worked out or was really hot and red-faced, and I guess it stuck!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!! I just wanted to motivate everyone to GET SWEATY!

I envy your core strength, by the way. My arms and core are very weak (however, my legs are pretty strong). I will say that I did my standing abs and floor work abs yesterday and I am NOT dying in my back today (I feel it a little bit) so hopefully my core will slowly strengthen. Go you on those planks! Planks totally kill me. I have some on my schedule tomorrow and I am NOT going to do them on my knees, I'ma get up on my toes like Bea!!!
Old 06-03-2014, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Hopefully a little motivation - we all talk about getting hot and sweaty and gross after a workout - but hey, the sweaty and gross means we DID the workout!

So here's me, sweaty, beef-faced, gross, no makeup, directly after my cardio workout today! I apologize for the GIGANTIC PICTURE but hey, you know, if you got it flaunt it?

hmmm....I don't see an image so I'm visualizing I'm sure you meant beet-faced...right?!?! I love that feeling right after a workout...sweat and all! That feeling cooling down and stretching and knowing you just did a good thing for yourself...then hitting the shower. One of the best parts of the day
Old 06-03-2014, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplybea
Hi Debbie,

There are certain parts of my body that are pretty strong and my core has always been one. I do my sit ups, legs flat out, not braced anywhere and a complete full sit up with my legs on the floor

I do keep my hands under my hips for the leg raises, and the plank is from my toes, so all in all, I did a decent job today!
You're a warrior Bea!! I look forward to killin' this 30 Day Ab Challenge with you! I'll be doing this right along with you...legs flat out...Bea-style!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.