Notices

Just joined.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just joined.

So thought I would check the web for a way to get support with my weight loss and found fitday. I put over 60lbs on in a yr and a half, wasn't well and now I want to get rid of it, well I have been trying to get rid of it for a while now I am so focused on my weight, as if all myself worth is tied into it. I know its not but the moment I step outside I lose all logic and just want to hide. Its sooooo stupid!!!! I just want to stop waiting to live, you know,, "when I'm slim I'll do........". I've never used a forum before so thought I'd give it a try.
oh current weight 213 goal 140 woohooooo!!!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Hey there sweetie!

Your starting weight and goals are very similar to my own! I had the very same mentality - "When I'm skinny, I'll wear all these cute clothes" or "When I'm skinny, I'll get out there and start doing the things I love again" and everything very much becomes about how you look and how uncomfortable you feel.

Fitday is a great community for support and questions. You can totally do it! There are lots of easy ways to get started. When I first started out, I did nothing for two weeks but log the calorie/nutritional content of the food I ate and cut out soda from my diet. Doing all of that, I lost a few pounds. Not too shabby! I bet you can start simply as well and then build up to bigger goals.

Here's to you! Deciding to start is the biggest step! You can do it!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Sweetie2014
So thought I would check the web for a way to get support with my weight loss and found fitday. I put over 60lbs on in a yr and a half, wasn't well and now I want to get rid of it, well I have been trying to get rid of it for a while now I am so focused on my weight, as if all myself worth is tied into it. I know its not but the moment I step outside I lose all logic and just want to hide. Its sooooo stupid!!!! I just want to stop waiting to live, you know,, "when I'm slim I'll do........". I've never used a forum before so thought I'd give it a try.
oh current weight 213 goal 140 woohooooo!!!!!
Welcome and congratulations on joining FitDay! There's lots of support here, and I've found the Food Log tool is critical in helping me to lose weight (I tend to underestimate my calories unless I log them throughout the day). I am also part of the "Friday Weigh-In" thread, which helps to keep me motivated too--if you want to join that, you'll find the thread at the top of the Motivation & Support forum.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there! Glad you came here and decided to join FitDay in your weight loss. Tara is right in that the log is so critical. I have to log everyday. It's just ingrained in my life and if I don't do it I feel like something is missing.

In addition to the Friday Weigh In thread, also under the Motivation group is a thread on Weekly Motivation that starts every Monday. There are some who post there everyday, and it's great for support and getting to know others in the same situation. Hope to see you there!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Taubele, thank you. And if you profile pic is something to go by, well done you. Yes you are right we have the right goals and it makes me smile to see how well you have done. And I am so with you about logging my food, one day and I am already a little surprised by the calories, well not so much surprised as can't really deny them if they are in black and white
Tara and Jedi ( Jenni, I think) Thanks for the welcome. I can see the log working, I am going to get premium app for my iphone so I can update all the time. I will definitely do the friday check in as well. Its nice to be able to talk about weight without people thinking you are looking for a pity party or say just stop eating... I know all the things that one should do for a healthy body and diet but sometimes denial works much better.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Just wanted to come by and wish you great success on your weight loss journey Sweetie. As some of the others have said, this is a wonderful and supportive community where you will find lots of help and advice if you log in. Logging foods is vital to keep yourself accountable and if you do the iphone app that sounds like what will help.

Good luck in your healthy habits and keep coming in to check in.