New clothes/smaller numbers I think are sometimes WAY more satisfying than even the scale victories. HUGE congrats to you!
I think planned and mindful cheats are a part of any diet/life change, and you're certainly being mindful about it! You never know how long it will take you to lose the planned cheat. Wierdly enough, I remember when I started that cheat days often seemed to accelerate my losses because it messed with my metabolism a little bit. Flushing out that sodium should only take a few days. You'll be okay. Sorry to hear about what's going to be happening to the hubby
My sister works in the construction industry and sees that stuff happen all of the time (in fact, she once wanted to be an electrician, but developed a back problem after a car accident and now can't do all the bending required - she works in the office as a project manager). I'm sure you guys will figure out how to get yourselves where you need to be, and I hope the laying off is as short as possible. Big hugs to you and your family!
SO happy your tests turned out well! Keep on keeping on, girl!
As for me:
I was (barely) able to keep it under control yesterday. I had to guesstimate on some calories, but we'll see how it all works out in the end. Had a drink with dinner and that pushed my protein down (and my calories up). Tomorrow is a planned day off from working out, and Sunday I'm either going to go on a hike with a friend at a local park or do an extra workout DVD. I'm going to try and have a fairly "light" food day overall today, but we'll see how it goes. I think hubs might be planning a pasta dinner.
1) Work out T, W, Th, F and Sun. Follow TurboJam schedule. T: yes W: yes Th: yes
, though only 10 minutes of floor abs though (lower back stiffness) F: yes
2) Calorie deficit of -3500 T: -447 W: -810 Th: -613 F: -514 Total: -2,384
3) 64+ oz of water daily T: yes W: yes Th: yes F: yes
4) Try one new recipe this weekend T: N/A W: sausage/bean bake. It's pretty good!
5) In bed by 11:00 every night (my sleeping has gotten wonky) T: 11:03. Close! W: yes Th: yes F: nope
6) Weigh on F and report T-Th: N/A F: 179.6!!!! Yay new decade! Sat-Sun: N/A
7) Protein 25-30% of daily/weekly calories T: 18% W: 21% Th: 19% F: 20% Average: 19.5%
Female, 31 years old, 5'4 1/2" tall
Starting weight 1/4/11 = 215.2 lbs.
Weight 10/22/14 = 175.0 (net: -40.2)
Last mini-goal: 175 lbs. REACHED 10/22/14 --REWARD: New wallet
Current min-goal: 170 lbs.
Next large goal: 165 lbs. by 12/25/2014
Lowest weight: 156.7 lbs.
150.2 lbs. <--- Official "Healthy BMI" weight
Estimated final goal: 130-140 lbs.
"You don't have to change your life today. You only need to change your day today."