Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread May 19-25 >

Motivational Thread May 19-25

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread May 19-25

Old 05-24-2014, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

I have changed my name and goal weight because in my heart I knew that I could not get down to 116 pounds so I felt like I was defeated before I started.
I am happy with my new goal and am ready to move forward.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Robin for that reminder! My dietician told me once not to focus so much on the scale to think of the health benefits to improved diet and regular exercise.

Got a start on the back lawn. Grass was really long with all the rain. 20 min exercise.
Jenn
Old 05-24-2014, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
I have changed my name and goal weight because in my heart I knew that I could not get down to 116 pounds so I felt like I was defeated before I started.
What a good idea! Way to spark your motivation
Old 05-24-2014, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Thanks Robin for that reminder! My dietician told me once not to focus so much on the scale to think of the health benefits to improved diet and regular exercise.

Got a start on the back lawn. Grass was really long with all the rain. 20 min exercise.
Jenn
Yes!
Old 05-24-2014, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Libby...I love the idea of your name change! Way to keep your goal out there right in front of you. I didn't realize that's what the 116 was. I also like the fact that you were ok with changing your goal weight and being ok with it. We can have a goal weight to start with, but that doesn't always mean it's realistic. I didn't realize you could change your name on here. Hmmm. Maybe I'll take a tip from you.

Even though my scale didn't move, I did lose 1/4" off my waist this week. That's something, right? I got a new coach on Beachbody who seems knowledgeable in the area of nutrition. Sometimes it takes someone else saying it to you to sink in. I know it's better to eat throughout the day, but I got away from that and have only been eating 1 meal a day with an Atkins shake and milk before bed. That may have something to do with my stalled weight loss, I don't know.

Yesterday I was so discouraged and depressed that I crawled under a rock and didn't even do my exercise like I was supposed to. I saw a good quote posted today by my Beachbody coach (I can't find where I saw it so I might be paraphrasing):

Never say "I can't". It's not that you can't. It's that you chose not to.

That was just the motivation I needed to get my butt in gear today. Ready to exercise!!! (or did I see that on here and just didn't remember? Oh, I don't know. Wherever I saw it, it struck home.)

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 05-24-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
Always good to keep things in perspective! I see you not only changed your name but you also removed your height as well???? Is 135 lbs. within the range recommend here on fitday? Good luck as you move forward to meet your new goal!!!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 05-24-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks

Never say "I can't". It's not that you can't. It's that you chose not to.
So very true!!!
Old 05-24-2014, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

I did it! I not only made it through the first half of Slim in 6 (Start It Up) without a break and without dying, but I also made it through the next 7.5 minute section on resistance bands. I got scared away after that, and by the quote I just put up there, I "chose not to" do the push ups. lol. I don't think I can even do one and she says, "We're only going to do 10!" (or, "I chose not to do even one." grrr damn the quote I put up!!! lol)
Old 05-24-2014, 04:32 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, how did you change your name? Did you start a new account?
Old 05-24-2014, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
I did it! I not only made it through the first half of Slim in 6 (Start It Up) without a break and without dying, but I also made it through the next 7.5 minute section on resistance bands. I got scared away after that, and by the quote I just put up there, I "chose not to" do the push ups. lol. I don't think I can even do one and she says, "We're only going to do 10!" (or, "I chose not to do even one." grrr damn the quote I put up!!! lol)
Jenai that's awesome!!! Don't forget you can always modify. You can do the push ups on your knees, if that's too hard you can always do them standing against a wall the overtime start to move to a more vertical surface. Don't skip them but rather make them work for you...it'll get easier overtime

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.