FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread May 12-18 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11002-motivational-thread-may-12-18-a.html)

simplybea 05-11-2014 11:59 PM

Motivational Thread May 12-18

Good Morning Everyone!

My scale wasn't up this morning, so that is a success in my books!

My daughter lives with me, and my son lives in Ottawa. Right when I went to bed, and still hadn't heard from my son (he's been having a time making full-time pay on multiple part-time jobs), I was sure he was in a bad way (he always called on Mother's Day!) My phone rang :D.

Both my babies (? one is 19 and the other 28) are safe, healthy, and happy! A better gift could not have been gotten!

Onward and upward to see Friday on a new LOW note!

Let's do this!!

taubele 05-12-2014 12:47 AM

Morning Bea!!! I'm glad you had a lovely mother's day!! Love the attitude, let's goooooo!!!

Summary from last week: Last week was a mixed bag. My water was up (always good) and I didn't snack as much simply from being mindful. My calorie average was just over 1600 (largely driven by Saturday) which is above where I wanted it to be, but not terrible considering I just started up again. I'm actually most disappointed in my protein numbers. I'm the sort of person where I just can't do super low-cal. I found my calorie sweet spot is usually between 1,300 and 1,400 and that's as low as I can go for any length of time.

I can go lower for a day (I had an 1,100 day last week), but if it's two days in a row, oooooh boy. My appetite kicks up something fierce and I'm about ready to eat my shoes, even if I've been on a mindful-calorie diet for months. HOWEVER, high protein can get me to that 1,300 or 1,400 I'm shooting for on a daily basis. Otherwise I'm hungry until I'm hitting 1,800 or so, and that's not much of a diet!

For me, I don't mind a day at 1,800, and I don't mind a day at 1,000 -- but when I start getting into several days in a row, I find it's a problem. That protein is key, so I'm REALLY going to work on that this week. I might have to hit the grocery store tonight.

Lastly, the scale showed a small loss this morning (0.6 lbs.) after my bad Saturday. I am fairly sure this is because I drank as much water as I could on Sunday and flushed out my system, but I'll take it!!!! (Current weight: 181.2). I'd love to see 179 by Friday!

My goals will be changing a little bit now that I see how I did last week:

Daily Goals
1) At least 72 oz. of water per day
2) NO mindless eating
3) Log everything
4) Protein ~25-30% of daily/weekly calories
5) Calorie balance for the week: -4,000+ (rather than logging intake, I'm going to log my activity - food daily)
6) Five days of exercise (M-F), follow Turbo schedule

My week goals this week are all about getting my grading done. On Thursday, I've also got 6 hours of driving ahead of me (3 hours there and back) to my new job that I'll be starting in the fall for a curricular meeting. I know they're planning on Chinese for lunch, so I need to figure out what to order that's not going to be a total calorie and sodium bomb in the middle of my week.

I usually get steamed dumplings, but I'm open to suggestions!! I'd like something that's got protein but isn't super-salty. Chinese is a tough one.

JediMindTricks 05-12-2014 01:41 AM

Bea, glad to hear all is well.

Terri, You'll find that "sweet spot". You seem to know how to do it, so I'm sure you'll succeed. Good luck with Chinese today. I don't what they have, but when I go to the Chinese buffet I like to get those chicken skewers that are nothing but chicken on a stick. I also like the beef and broccoli. Curious to hear how you fare through that lunch.

My nutrition is terrible. My life coach says I need to work on my all or nothing approach. I try, but do not succeed. I'm on the "nothing" approach I guess. Yesterday I ate an entire 300 calories. No, that's not a typo.

I hit a milestone yesterday. The scale says I lost 30 lbs (since January).

This week it looks like I need to work on eating properly.

jjrudd 05-12-2014 03:27 AM

Terri, I have learned to stay away from anything with too much sauce because that is where the sodium lies. White rice, steamed veggies, lemon chicken or something with pork? Stay away from too much fried food too. We usually have Cantonese Chow Mein and it's not too salty. They usually have fruit.

I'll post my goals this afternoon.
Jenn

lildebbieg 05-12-2014 04:52 AM

Hi all! :) I started South Beach diet today and I'm hoping to get the same good results the last time I did the 2 weeks of phase 1. Phase 2 and on is pretty much how I normally eat...but now and then I let some junk food (usually salty/crunchy stuff like crackers!) sneak into my diet and find it hard to shake the habit. Hopefully this will get me back on track! I did something to my shoulders a few weeks back and it's still bothering me. I'm going for a massage tonight so hopefully that helps so I can get back to working out regularly.....I don't lose weight if I'm not exercising!

My goals for this week:
1. Stay on the beach and log food ;)
2. Exercise Tues-Sun (definitely no exercise today with my shoulder!)
3. Drink a minimum 72 oz. water daily
4. Calorie balance for the week: -4,000+ (Terri - I like this idea! I honestly have no idea what my balance would look like? This could be a fun stat to track!)

Bea - The scale staying steady is most definitely a success! Congrats!

Terri - Lucky you having a loss after a 'bad' Saturday! I'll be rooting for to see that 179 lbs. on the scale by Friday! I have no suggestion as far as Chinese food goes. I think it's all evil...I mean sodium laden! :p

Jenai - Congrats on your 30 lb. milestone!!! That's a huge accomplishment!!! Careful not to keep your calories too low over and extended period of time....that can backfire and cause your metabolism to lower.

**big waves to everyone else** Let's make this a great week!

jjrudd 05-12-2014 09:51 AM

Well...it's now evening

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit
2. 6 glasses of water
3. 4 fruits/veggies
4. Exercise 3X for 30 min
5. Lose 1lb

Jenn

lildebbieg 05-12-2014 11:05 AM

I'm back to report on my day!

My goals for this week:
1. Stay on the beach and log food - check
2. Exercise Tues-Sun (definitely no exercise today with my shoulder!)
3. Drink a minimum 72 oz. water daily - check
4. Calorie balance for the week: minimum -4,000 -809

Off to bed really early tonight....I'm so tired!

Kumochi 05-12-2014 11:47 AM

Ready for another week. Too tired to post goals till tomorrow.

01gt4.6 05-12-2014 12:31 PM

Just a quick check in. I'm back from my honeymoon. I may try to make some goals this week but it likely won't be much (mainly editing pics).

I was just now able to get one done, but have many more to go.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...pscff6d6fd.jpg

Kathy13118 05-12-2014 02:21 PM

Welcome back, Mr. Married Man! You took that picture? It's beautiful.