Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread May 12-18 >

Motivational Thread May 12-18

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread May 12-18

Old 05-17-2014, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

I am going along with not weighing till Friday but I propose that we also tell about our NSV non scale victories this week. Who is in? I have gotten a bit obsessive to the point of not wanting to eat because I didn't know what to eat. It makes me crazy and then by the end of the day I am eating junk because I am so hungry. That is part of the all or nothing mentality and I also have a fear of losing which I need to get over. Lots to work on this week.
I was doing so well last year and this year I have made no progress in fact I have gained weight since January. I need to turn my life around.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all I was finally able to get in a workout today. I hurt my shoulder over a week ago and have been nursing it ever since.

Mary - "The only time I don't weight daily is when I have given up and know I am gaining." So true...at least for me!

I've been too inconsistent lately, so having another week where I'm avoiding the scale is not a good idea for me. I'm all for sharing NSVs though and sharing positive thoughts and sending encouragement to those who need it. Last week, I was needing some encouragement because I've sincerely been struggling. I had someone tell me that my goal weight is unhealthy and in fact underweight. I then found myself feeling the need to defend my goal of a healthy 114 lbs. This is what I weighed only 6 years ago, 6 months after having my daughter. It's not an unrealistic or unhealthy goal by any means. Even if I weighed 101 lbs. (which I think is very low by the way) I would still be in a healthy weight for my height. It's for this reason that I have been on this journey in silence for the most part....except for here on fitday. At work, a group of women started a weight loss group to support each other...I wanted to join in but I didn't dare because I knew there would be some who looked at me and thought "what the heck is she doing here...she doesn't need to lose weight". So I just go it alone...except for the support I've received here. So to those of you who have supported me and not judge my goal, thank you. To the others......well nuff said
Old 05-17-2014, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

What a glorious day and weekend!!

I will pass on the no weighing until Friday, because a daily weigh keeps me accountable. It would be far too easy for me to slip up and decide I won't see the results, so I have time to work on it... (I know how I work/think)

As for NSVs... This one is gross and kinda bothersome, but I am seeing some deflation in my thighs. I know it needs to be, but sag and wrinkles suck! Even though it looks EWWW it certainly feels better, and I can always hide it in spanx!
Old 05-17-2014, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Libby I know how you feel! I need to eat low carb but I also have to watch my sodium intake. When I first started out I did become obsessive about it and became really frustrated. Everyone thinks "oh my gosh, what do you eat?". It's all about eating things that are not processed. Our society used to do it.

I try to only weigh once a week but like others have commented sometimes I have to make sure I'm not fluctuating too much so I often check mid week. I'm in for only once though!
Jenn
Old 05-17-2014, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone I guess I will join in late (rather than procrastinating to Monday yet again).

Since meeting my goal last Aug my weight has been creeping back up. I made a couple of false starts to get on this thread again because IT HELPED ME SO MUCH TO LOSE THE WEIGHT.

So here I am starting simple. I am starting at 8 glasses of water and 1K of walking per day.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

My NSV today was at supper time. I took a ham steak and put half of it back.
I was sanding furniture and staining it. Now I am very tired. It was a good day.
I'm sorry Debbie.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:26 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, your post so much like me so much of the time! If it's not too personal to share, what do you attribute your fear of losing to? I think mine is men. When I'm thin and fit I am actually a very attractive person, and I don't like the attention.

Debbie, we're here to support you!

Robin, hi there! Starting simple is a good idea. Too much too fast will become overwhelming I think.

Libby, way to go on the NSV!

Well, I had the ultimate melt down. I've been so frustrated over my lack of weight loss this past week despite being spot on with my calories for the week, that I completely lost it. Tonight I had a double scoop Culver's vanilla hot fudge sundae, which came to about 67% of my total daily calorie target (so I ended up going way over for the day). I get the thinking that I was so good for no results, why bother? And I had a meltdown. I know I'll be paying for it. I already have guilt. Looks like another 800 calorie day for me tomorrow (and probably another day as well) to make up for it.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:21 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, Libby, and Jenai (((hugs))). I'm sorry, things are difficult right now.
Welcome back Robin!

I'm busy making my meal plan for the week, grocery list and getting all my price matching flyers/eflyers ready. A 90% produce, weekly grocery bill can be crazy expensive, unless I can price match sales elsewhere

Does anyone else find it is easier to eat healthy if they have the plan and the decision is already made? Then there is no last minute scramble and possible derailment
Old 05-18-2014, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Bea, for the welcome back. I need to get back to my maintenance path quick!

I think planning ahead is very impt. Planning while you are shopping and daily planning of meals and snacks. Personally I plan with "options" but I know others plan in more detail than that. I know part of my weight gain was the low priority I gave food, therefore making lots of bad last minute choices (usually fast food).

Jenai If you expect to lose every week you will be disappointed. And therefore at risk for the binge guilt cycle. It's not a precise science and you will have weeks with more or less loss even when everything stays the same. Stay on track!

Good day Libby.

I am wondering if I have the determination to walk in the pouring rain. I'm sure the dog will go!
Old 05-18-2014, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

I said that I wouldn't weigh myself but I had such a good day yesterday that I wanted to know if my weight was down. I gained 2 pounds WTH
I wasn't sitting on my butt, I wasn't stuffing my face. There is no reason for this.
If it doesn't rain I am going for a walk outside this afternoon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.