Notices

Motivational Thread May 12-18

Old 05-16-2014, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

I lost 1.5lb this week. Happy Dance
I guess my eating was better than I thought it was.

Jenn
Old 05-16-2014, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

YAYYY Jenn, well done!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Bea - Thanks for the post and pep talk on changing our dialogue. Words have power! This is just what I needed to read today, so thank you
Old 05-16-2014, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Hope: The journey has just begun Thanks. The chinese went okay. I ordered a lunch-sized portion (though it was still gigantic) and ate some for lunch, some for dinner. I did have an eggroll too, so that was a little indulgence. I actually did okay on calories Thursday considering all meals were out and ended with a deficit, but I'm sure my sodium was sky high. I ended up ordering lemon chicken with steamed rice and the eggroll. The lemon chicken had more sauce than I am used to seeing on lemon chicken, but I don't think it was fried.

Libby: I hope you're hanging in there. Sharing your troubles and thoughts isn't getting us down, it's getting it off your shoulders, if you feel like it!

Jenai: Don't let the gain get to you. I often post a gain before a big loss. Sometimes I think it's my body just trying to hold on to that weight for as long as it can!

aimeet: LOVE those quotes you posted. This one is one of my favorites: "No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying" (often attributed to Tony Robbins)

Bea: Looking forward to seeing you get to that 50 goal! Woohoo!!! Love the energy!

Good to see you Mern!!! I hope you had fun with great-GD!

Jenn: Congrats on the loss! Doesn't that just make the week feel better? Haha! So happy for you!!

As for me: I am exhausted today, and I did my very faitful best to log what I ate on Wednesday and Thursday, though these are rough estimates at best and actual numbers may be up or down from what I logged. Dinner Wednesday, and Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner on Thursday were all entirely out of my hands and involved eating out or someone cooking for me, so I honestly don't know what precisely went into my mouth and just logged the FitDay values for the food, or looked up a few recipes online and averaged the calories. I've gotten a lot better at eyeballing portions, but I usually log up (if I think it's 3/4 of a cup, I log a cup, etc.)

Wednesday's dinner ended up being chicken parmesan and these bacon-wrapped shrimp thingies for appetizers. I allowed myself three bacon-wrapped sinful things (they were delicious). I logged such a large deficit even eating chicken parm because of a 45 minute workout - I usually log about 800 calories burned on that particular workout, and Wednesday was no exception. I managed not to faint, too! Thursday we went out for Chinese, and as I said to Hope I got a larger lunch portion (lemon chicken, steamed rice, and a vegetable eggroll). I ate the leftovers from lunch for dinner and was satisfied with that. In the end I estimated deficits for both days, but my water consumption was WAY down. I made the conscious decision not to weigh this morning as I was sure I would be up from sodium.

The meeting went really well; back on the saddle today. I have three more papers to grade until I am DONE and I also need to phone in for a conference call soon, I just wanted to check in with you all first Happy weekend! I'll be here logging!! I am not sure if I am going to hit my -4,000 goal (I need to basically have a -700 deficit every day to do it, and today AGAIN lunch was out of my hands and I'm at about 1,000 cals already) but I WILL make it a goal to do it!!

Daily Goals
1) At least 72 oz. of water per day M: yes T: yes. I forgot how annoying it is to go to the bathroom like every hour! W: no Th: no
2) NO mindless eating M: yes, everything was mindful T: yes W: yes Th: yes
3) Log everything M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes (I had to estimate a lot on W and Th because most meals were prepared for me)
4) Protein ~25-30% of daily/weekly calories M: 25% T: 26% W: 20% Th: 21% Average: 23%
5) Calorie balance for the week: -4,000+ (rather than logging intake, I'm going to log my activity - food daily) M: -708 T: -769 W: -628 Th: -259 Total: -2164
6) Five days of exercise (M-F), follow Turbo schedule M: yes T: yes. Feeling it today! W: yes Th: scheduled off day

~Terri
Old 05-16-2014, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

Terri - The wait is over!! I hit 51.1 loss today
Old 05-16-2014, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

WAY TO GO BEA. 50 POUNDS PLUS is great.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn, congrats on your loss!
Bea, way to go! That's impressive!!!

I'm so disappointed. After showing a mid-week loss of several pounds, and not eating hardly anything since then, I'm now only at a .6lb loss for the week. My "enthusiastic bubble" burst. I didn't eat out, I didn't overeat. My average calories for the week was at about 1300/day, which usually gives me a 2lb loss. But this week? Nothing.

My new exercise program came, Slim in 6. I'm going to have Monday be my official start day for that. It's a 6 week program, but I will have to do many many rounds of it to make a dent in getting to where I need to be.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations Bea!!!!!

And Jenai, don't worry about it. It could be ANYTHING. Phases of the moon, sodium, a little water gain. Dairy makes me balloon up sometimes, I notice if I just eat a lot of cheese but calories are good I'm suddenly up two pounds. Hugs for you - it will be okay!
Old 05-17-2014, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai - I back up what Terri said. That's why the scales is so annoying. It really gets to us when it does not reward us for all our hard work. We should have a no scales competition next week i.e. see who can go the longest without weighting before Friday. I would have to hide the scales Sunday so I didn't automatically step on it. Then I would have to fight the urge to weight in several times a day. The only time I don't weight daily is when I have given up and know I am gaining.

Who's in for scales abstinence week? Mary
Old 05-17-2014, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks ladies! I told Mom and she said "that's nice dear". It's nice to have people rooting for me.
Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.