Motivational Thread May 12-18 >

Motivational Thread May 12-18

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread May 12-18

Old 05-12-2014, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys,

Back from picking up my baby from school for short break til she goes to Ireland for writing program.

Goals (some borrowed) from:
1) 6 glasses of water
2) mindful eating
3) mindful speech
4) stretch
5) walk or gym 2-3 x
Old 05-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Welcome back, Mr. Married Man! You took that picture? It's beautiful.
Thank you. Yes I did.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Mike that picture is gorgeous! Congratulations on the wedding!
Jenn
Old 05-13-2014, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Beautiful Picture Mike.

My goal this week. Eat healthy; increase my activity; cut the grass; do my physio exercises more frequently; increase water consumption.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone,

Sun is shining. The 3!!!!!!!!! hours of snow we got yesterday didn't stay
It was 0 degrees this morning... the 3 kale stalk bunches, I planted yesterday on my balcony, appear to be ok. And my 1 chive shoot looks ok so far.

I discovered, quite by accident, that kale will continue to grow from the stalks a few weeks ago. I had put the stalks in the compost bin under my sink, and when I took it to the outdoor compost bin, I discovered the kale was growing!! So I have 3 sets of stalks planted now. I love kale
Old 05-13-2014, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Jenai: Good call on the chicken skewers! This is a sit-down place, but I'll look for something like that on the menu. Exactly what I need. Beef and broccoli is good too, but sometimes they put sauce all over it. I'll have to check! I wish this was a place I knew, haha. You'll find your balance - you know that 300 calories is too low; do you maybe feel like something is on your mind keeping you all or nothing? You and your doctor will work it out. Congrats on the 30 lb. loss!

Jenn: Oooooh, I didn't think of lemon chicken. Good call! I'll check it out. Is Cantonese spicy? Unfortunately I can't handle spice (I wish I could, it'd be easy to replace flavor from salt with flavor from spice that way).

Debbie: Hope that shoulder feels better soon!!!! South Beach is something I wish I could stick too, but too many foods I don't like on that diet, haha! I bet you'll kill it. Let me know how the calorie balance works out for you!! When I first lost here on Fitday, I found logging my balance to be better than just logging calories, because some days I exercised more or less and it was good to know what the overall number was. -3500 should be a pound lost, -7,000 should be two pounds lost. It almost never works exactly that way, but let me know how you like it!!

Mike: Welcome back!!!!!! Beautiful pic and beautiful edit!

Hope: Great goals! Going to Ireland sounds like FUN for her!

Mary: Goals are looking good!!

Bea: I like the determination of your kale, haha. I'm going to try to channel it

For me: Eye appointment at 10:30 this morning. I'm blind as a bat, and my right eye has gotten noticeably worse fairly quickly. I'm hopeful that today's appointment will get me a newer, better prescription. I probably won't get new contacts in time for my long drive on Thursday (and part of that driving at night, when I really notice it, ugh) but it was the soonest I could get an appointment. On my exercise docket today is twenty minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of ab work. Oh boy. Getting ready for a burning tummy! The Turbo ab workout is rough.

Have a great day everyone!! I'm off to do some stretching, my shoulders feel really tight

Daily Goals
1) At least 72 oz. of water per day M: yes
2) NO mindless eating M: yes, everything was mindful
3) Log everything M: yes
4) Protein ~25-30% of daily/weekly calories M: 25% Average: 25%
5) Calorie balance for the week: -4,000+ (rather than logging intake, I'm going to log my activity - food daily) M: -708 Total: -708
6) Five days of exercise (M-F), follow Turbo schedule M: yes

~Terri
Old 05-13-2014, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Goals (some borrowed) from: ( technically starting Tuesday but will log for M)
1) 6 glasses of water: y
2) mindful eating:Y
3) mindful speech: y
4) stretch: y
5) walk or gym 2-3 x: N
6) thro out 5 pieces of paper or 3 items: N

Last edited by canary52; 05-14-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

That is a great pic, Mike!!! Did you guys have a great time? How was the wedding? And where are your goals?

Terry, DD is psyched. She also got a paid journalism internship. And is also going to Israel later this summer. She's doing great.
Cantonese food is NOT spicy, generally. Can you get steamed chicken or shrimp, sauce on the side? That's what I used to do.

Debbie, I hope your shoulders feel better. Good luck on South Beach. You're doing great as it is! I keep losing and gaining back the same weight. And am no losing lately.

Mary, good goals!!!

Last edited by canary52; 05-13-2014 at 02:29 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

For those of you who watch their carb intake, how many net carbs do you aim for on a daily basis? I think Mern has said she tries to keep hers around 50 G...does that sound right?

Hope
- Thanks I lost the initial 20 lbs. and have been in a gain some, lose some for months. I guess that means I've maintained though so I'm happy with that.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Mike that picture is gorgeous! Congratulations on the wedding!
Jenn
Thank you Jenn.

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Beautiful Picture Mike.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: Welcome back!!!!!! Beautiful pic and beautiful edit!

~Terri
Thanks Terri, it's nice to be back. That was the easiest pic to edit. The main thing I had to do was remove a UFO from the sky. Actually it was a spot on my lens from the mist of the water.

Originally Posted by canary52
That is a great pic, Mike!!! Did you guys have a great time? How was the wedding? And where are your goals?
Thanks Hope! We had a blast Our next trip will be to Ireland. She wanted to visit Ireland and I've been wanting to go to the Isle of Man, to see the Isle of Man TT. The wedding went off without a hitch... well I guess I can't say that since we got hitched.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.