Motivational Starting May 5, The wagon awaits, jump on >

Motivational Starting May 5, The wagon awaits, jump on

Community
Notices

Motivational Starting May 5, The wagon awaits, jump on

Old 05-08-2014, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report:

I was shocked when I saw my total sat fat % for yesterday, but the empty sugar free Hershey Caramel Filled Chocolates bag is testimony--I'm pretty sure it wasn't DH dipping into it, but rather my momentary lapse into mindless eating.

Calories 1200-1500: 1077, 1269, 1108
Average saturated fat maximum 12% of total calories: 10%, 12%, 19%
Average net carbs maximum 25g: 23g, 26, 25g
Average dietary fiber minimum 25g: 23g, 22g, 20--gotta work on this--simple just to add some flaxmeal
Average protein minimum 110g: 97g, 123g, 94g
Average dietary cholesterol maximum 200mg: 172mg, 101mg, 140mg
Water 64 oz. YES, NO, YES
Exercise 5 days or 150 minutes per week: YES, YES, YES
Old 05-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern

Terri, it's so easy for the weight to come back on so gradually that we hardly notice until we go clothes shopping or step on the scale after a while. Kudos on points in the healthful lifestyle sticking with you--like drinking more water and limiting junk food. You've done a superb job of getting back on track in the past and you will again, especially with a bit of a lighter work load summer. Oh, my, you are one busy lady! Be aware that we KNOW that and we don't expect anyone to have to reply to all the posts. I don't work outside the home myself and for two days honestly didn't have time read the posts. Quite admirable goals and you're doing well on them. Special best wishes on your Saturday food control and on your new job. I know what tenure is--what is TENURE-TRACK? I've got a new great-granddaughter who is 8 1/2 months old. Her mother is my granddaughter who was living with me. She got married last year and took a year off college but is returning this fall. She was majoring in psychology but is changing her major and her husband is an engineering student. Both of them also hold jobs. They are living with his parents until they finish college. We just love her husband and his family. Anyway, the baby is so adorable that I actually ASKED if I could babysit her a couple days a week and we have really bonded. She's the light of my life.
Mern!

Tenure-track means that I will be granted tenure following six years of service assuming all goes well, and I'm a good little teacher/researcher/professor, haha. So a tenure-track job basically means a permanent job, unless I really screw up. I'm a little nervous about it, but hopeful that everything will work out.

SUPER WONDERFUL CONGRATS on the new great-granddaughter; that is completely fantastic, I'm so happy to hear that you've been able to bond with her and be with her, and it sounds like your granddaughter is doing great! I wish best of luck to both her and her husband as they start out in their new college path! Sounds like a very exciting time for all of you.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Does anyone else, try to keep calories and salt quite low on Thursday before publishing for Friday weigh in Not sure who I am tricking, but I am expecting BIG (or smaller numbers) results tomorrow and don't want to wreck this trend with salt!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I'm still around. Treading water, diet-wise.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default my goals this week:

I know this week is almost over, but...need to start somewhere:
Need to be strict with measuring/weighing food, so I know calories.
Try to stay under 1300 calories.
Try to exclude all processed foods... I have trouble with tortilla chips and popcorn!!
Try to walk 2 -20 minute sessions each day!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Bea, lol you are so right! I was thinking about making pork teriyaki tonight. And then you reminded me tomorrow is weigh-in day. Guess what we won't be having tonight! haha
Old 05-08-2014, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

I actually got to bed on time last night and was well rested this morning. My calories and water were good and I walked around outside for 10 minutes today. Tomorrow is weigh day and I am ready to see a good number.

Goals
Drink water: M-Y T-Y W-Y T-Y
Eat fruit and veg: M-Y T-Y W-Y T-Y
Exercise 3X: 10 min.
Go to bed on time: HA, No, Yes

Have a good week.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:00 PM
FitDay Member

Ate better than I thought I would considering how little we have in the house. Eggs for breakfast, sandwich and half an apple for lunch and salmon, caesar salad, rice for dinner. Crazy day so I didn't get any exercise in. Warmer today so drank lots of water.

Jenn
Old 05-08-2014, 02:29 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report:

A little better today--almost got the calories up to 1200. Still learning how to meet my goals with eating vegetarian more often. I'll get there.

Calories 1200-1500: 1077, 1269, 1108, 1163
Average saturated fat maximum 12% of total calories: 10%, 12%, 19% , 12%
Average net carbs maximum 25g: 23g, 26, 25g, 25g
Average dietary fiber minimum 25g: 23g, 22g, 20g, 34g brings my average up to 24.75g--close enough to call green.
Average protein minimum 110g: 97g, 123g, 94g, 126g brings my average up to 110g
Average dietary cholesterol maximum 200mg: 172mg, 101mg, 140mg, 155g
Water 64 oz. YES, NO, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days or 150 minutes per week: YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off exercise
Old 05-08-2014, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

Terri, I'll bet everything will go great with your job. Thanks for explaining Tenure-Track. I'll bet you'll be so glad to be able to stay put and not have to go through all the job hunting. Thanks for sharing my joy over my new great-grandbaby and sending good wishes to her parents. I knew you'd be happy for us. Granddaughter and her husband surely cut a difficult path for themselves at such a young age, but they're both smart and determined--they'll succeed--no doubt about that.

Libby, kudos on the walk and getting to bed on time! You're doing really well this week. Congratulations!

Jenn, well done today! Keep up the good work!

Bea, I try to do low sodium most days as I'm so sodium sensitive, but I'm not good at it. I'm trying to cut way back on deli meats to curb sodium intake. Had to chuckle, though, sometimes I wish I COULD fool my scale on Fridays. LOL

Kathy, wishing you the best. If you need a life preserver, just holler and we'll throw one out to you.

Kwest, we welcome new members to our group any day, any time. You'll find fewer posts here on weekends and we start a new thread each Monday. I can't reach my goals without the use of a food scale, either. I also control my blood glucose and cholesterol through diet and no meds, so I have to weigh and measure everything. Your goals are wonderful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.