Motivational Starting May 5, The wagon awaits, jump on

Community
Notices

Motivational Starting May 5, The wagon awaits, jump on

Old 05-07-2014, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
So....
Could I possibly join ya'll, either this week or next week? I feel like a ninja...
Why wait until next week! There's no time like the present right!?!?! Besides ninjas never wait....or is it that ninjas never sleep? LOL!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

I did get a walk in yesterday. It was such a nice day. Had to take advantage of it since it's going to rain the next 4 days--oh well good for the grass and flowers.

Not sure how good my eating will be today as tomorrow is grocery day and the fridge is looking pretty bare! There is no fruit or fresh veggies (frozen though) at all
Jenn
Old 05-07-2014, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default More reduced fat/reduced carb breads

I went to Walmart's deli department today to get more Flatout flatbread (YUM) because my husband has developed a liking to it and is eating it more often in place of his carby, low fiber white bread. Today I replenished my dwindling supply of Flatout Foldits and Light Italian.

Next to the Flatout bread is a section of Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat breads that are reduced carb, reduced fat, high protein. Now available are:

-- smaller (one ounce) pita breads at 50 calories, 1g fat, zero sat fat, 7g total carbs less 3g fiber = 4 net carbs, and 5g protein for the whole pita.

--huge Lavash bread perfect for wraps and rollups. They call it square but my ruler measures it at 9 1/2 x 12 inches. A serving of Lavash is half of one Lavash. 50 calories, 2g fat, 0 sat fat, 7g total carbs less 3g fiber = 4g net carbs, 5g protein
Old 05-07-2014, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Terri! Hi! Welcome back!

I'll be back later after I eat and exercise. I was supposed to babysit from 4PM until midnight but granddaughter called late last night and asked if I could also babysit from 10:30AM-2PM So I rearranged my day, shopped at Walmart and straightened the house in double time this morning to make more time for my precious great-granddaughter. Then at the last minute (LITERALLY--at 10:29AM) my granddaughter called and cancelled the morning babysitting session because her mother-in-law asked for the extra time with the baby.

But it worked out great because now my house is all straightened, DH is out with friends, and I have until 4PM all to myself to do whatever I want.

Last edited by Mern; 05-07-2014 at 03:11 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone!!!

Just quickly zipping on at work, but I will catch up more and post goals etc. later. I am back on the wagon after taking some time away from strictly logging/working out after my wedding. However, this summer I am NOT doing research (for the first time since I started graduate school... 9 years ago now!) and just writing papers, so I will really have time to focus and get rid of these 25 pounds that crept back on over a year.

I'm a little mad/upset/disappointed in myself and I have lots of excuses (constant meals being served by the college, social eating, lack of time to exercise) but honestly, none of those are really true and I just got sort of distracted and lazy. BUT! I am nowhere near my highest weight and am hoping that changes over this summer will get me back on the right track soon enough.

Great to see everyone, looking forward to catching up with folks who knew me from before, and meeting new people!

~Terri
Old 05-07-2014, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Mern isn't it great when that happens--house clean AND me time. I can't remember when the two of those came together for me??
Terri I'm with you. I can come up with all sorts of excuses but most of it is just lack of motivation.

Jenn
Old 05-07-2014, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Terri. It's good you are stopping the gaining now. Forgive yourself and be happy you know you can get control.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Since Monday 28/04 to Monday 05/05 dropped off 4 lbs, last Monday felt completely exhausted after work and an hour of house cleaning, had a homemade chicken burger for tea (instead of salad planned) and still lost another half a pound by Tuesday! It's 144 now.
My goal for this week is to exercise every day, keep my food intake under 1200 kcal, but be careful, I do not want to collapse at work or elsewhere.
Still I love seeing my extra weight decreasing, think I can see a very little difference when looking at myself in the mirror
Old 05-07-2014, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

It was a disappointing day. I phoned around to get a gadget for cutting cloth in a wave pattern and thought I found one. My husband drove me to the store but they had the wrong blade. I am stuck with my project till I can get the wave blade for my rotary cutter. I did get some house work done and am tired. I will try to make it an early night tonight.

Goals
Drink water: M-Y T-Y W-Y
Eat fruit and veg: M-Y T-Y W-Y
Exercise 3X:
Go to bed on time: HA, No

Have a good week.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Okay! Back from work, workout done, dinner's in the oven, and I have just a moment to chat.

Mary, Mern, Hope - lovely to see you all again Also happy to see that this thread is going! It was the thing that always made me accountable!

For those I don't know:

Hi! I'm Terri. I'm 30 (soon to be 31). I work at a midwestern liberal arts school as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Psychology (I'm a neuroscientist, I study brains and stuff). I'm finishing up the last semester of a two-year contract here and moving on to my new job in July - I landed a TENURE-TRACK position at another midwestern liberal arts school about 3 hours from where I currently work. Hubs and I will be moving up there in July (2 days after my birthday, actually!)

I was married to DH on August 11, 2013 and things have slowly crept back on from there. I maintained at a fairly steady weight through the planning of the wedding, but between job hunting, work, lots of social eating, and a plain lack of discipline on my part, I've gained back about 25 lbs. of what I lost last time I really stuck to a plan. No excuses here, just plain facts. I know what I'm capable of when I stick to it, so... I'm going to stick to it!

My goals for this week are as follows (for those that wonder, I sort of do a color scheme -- green means a met goal, red means a not-met goal, and blue means 'goal in progress')

Daily Goals:
1) Drink at least 64 oz. of water-- M: yes T: yes W: will be after I eat dinner
2) Calories on average ~1350 M: 1,562 T:1,427 Average: 1494.5
3) Shoot for ~25-30% of calories from protein across the week, daily and across week M: 22% T: 19% Average: 20.5%
4) No mindless eating!!!! M: yes T: no, I ate two pieces of bacon just because they were there
5) Getting back into workout routine - do 20 minute exercise routine M-F this week, every day, no excuses, it's twenty minutes. M: yes T: yes W: yes
6) Log everything M: yes T: yes

Specific Day Goals (I'll just start these with Thursday)
Th: Call previous mentor, get that reimbursement paperwork submitted, senior final papers graded
F: Class #2 final papers have a good dent in them (over half graded)
Saturday: Control myself when we have people over for the evening. I'm allowed one treat.
Sunday: Do an extra workout! All senior exams graded

It's finals week at the school. I have a lot of grading ahead of me, and I'm trying to space it out!! I always find incorporating my life goals in with my workout/healthy eating goals makes me want to do all the things. My goals will get more specific with time, but these are tried-and-true goals. The hugest one is the exercise. If I don't make it a habit, I won't stick with it. Twenty minutes isn't much every day, but it'll make me do it and it'll feel better after a couple of weeks getting back in the habit. I even noticed today after only the 3rd one this week that my recovery time was better after the anaerobic section of the workout. Wahoo!

Love to all. <3

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.