Notices

Motivational Starting May 5, The wagon awaits, jump on

Old 05-05-2014, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Debbie, I am rooting so hard for you to break that plateau. Sometimes breaking one also includes a quick whoosh of weight loss--better than you had hoped for. Wishing that for you!
Aww shucks Mern! Thanks for the whoosh wish I'm sure if you stick to a regular regime of outdoor walking, you'll be ready for your August day trip! That soup sounds like an quite the concoction! Unconventional breakfast indeed!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

It's been SNOWING here for the last 3 hours I thought it was spring....
Old 05-05-2014, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplybea
It's been SNOWING here for the last 3 hours I thought it was spring....
OMG Bea! That's crazy!!! Although I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed here in Ontario one last time! It's still quite cold in the mornings....the leaves on the trees are just starting to sprout from the buds! I hope we all have a nice long, warm summer after this long crappy winter!
Old 05-05-2014, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Since we are all on the wagon and a couple of you are tied on behind I shall tell you a story to show thinner is not always better. When I was in high school my thinner best friend came home with me after school. We rode the sleigh through the snow back to the sugar bush to "help" with the maple syrup. She borrowed a pair of my slacks as in those days we couldn't wear pants to school. On the way back she fell - or more likely was pushed off by my brothers - and grabbed the back of the sleigh. Her problem was the too large pants were being dragged off by the snow as she hung on to the sleigh. She had to let go or flash the amused sleigh full of people. So thinner is not always better.

So you guys at the back make sure your belts are on tight.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

hehehehe Mary!!

You grew up in sugar maple land?!! awesome
Old 05-05-2014, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

I went to the Y and walked on the treadmill. I can do my aerobic walking DVD equivalent of 2 miles walking in 30 minutes which is 4 miles an hour, but had to slow the treadmill down to 2.5 miles an hour which gave me a more tolerable stride and hip socket workout--uncomfortable but not painful. That speed netted me just 1 1/4 miles in half an hour, but it was half an hour of good exercise, so I'm proud of my accomplishment. Going back tomorrow. I will increase my speed as I am able, but am in no hurry to do that.

Debbie, you are welcome for the whoosh wish. Oh, how fun that will be when you hit your goal and go on the shopping spree!

Bea, snow! What a shame! Our snow a couple weeks ago ruined the newly-bloomed daffodils but we have other flowers starting to come out now.

Mary, thanks for the good laugh over the story of the too large pants on the sleigh. I'll be sure to check my belt. LOL
Old 05-05-2014, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

I was working on a quilt for most of the day today. Designing is not so easy
but I will have an original creation when I am done.

Goals
Drink water: M-Y
Eat fruit and veg: M-Y
Exercise 3X
Go to bed on time

Have a good week.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Checking back in with my workouts for the day...a nice 5 km run in the sunshine then 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by a quick ab workout. Not too shabby for a Monday workout

Libby - You should post a picture of your original quilt! What is the colour scheme? My uncle made me a quilt for a wedding gift. I just love it...mostly because I know he spent so much time making it for me, plus it's so cozy in the winter months. There's nothing like a hand made quilt!

Have a good evening all!!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Don't hold your breath. My daughters quilt took me ten years to finish. I have thrown out more ideas than I care to mention. It keeps me out of the kitchen which is a good thing.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, anything that keeps us out of the kitchen is a good thing!
Debbie, you got a lot in today!
Mern, sounds like the treadmill was a good thing for you. So what if you don't go quite as far a certain amount of time. You should be proud of your accomplishment!
Bea, send some snow to me! It's already 100F here!

I didn't get my workout in as I had planned tonight. I was looking forward to today being the re-commitment to my new workout program. Life got in the way though. I wanted to work out this evening, but right after dinner my daughter informed me that she needed to go shopping for school supplies for a project that is her entire grade for the quarter. Came home and had to make some things for her take to school to work on her project in class. By the time that was done dh was already in bed and I couldn't watch my video and be jumping around or it would wake him up (and his alarm goes off at 3:45a.m. so he needs some sleep). I'm very disappointed, but my daughter is more important than a workout.

My eating was good today calorie wise, but my ratios were horrible. Too much fat and not enough protein. But the only snack I had was a single serving of pretzel sticks...not sugary junk. That's one for the win column.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.