Notices

Motivational Starting May 5, The wagon awaits, jump on

Old 05-10-2014, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Have a good weekend everyone. I am planning on a reasonable weekend however house guests are always pressure on my diet. I shall enjoy myself, limit my food and alcohol consumption and deal with any gain come Monday.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:15 AM
Super Moderator

Lidiia: That sounds LOVELY!! I've never taken up cycling but I think it seems so refreshing! Wishing you lots of fun and relaxation as you bike it all away

Libby: Ooooh, what movie? Was it good?

Becca: Good on you! Fridays can definitely be hard. I had a good day too As for cocktails - I definitely still drink, though I try to keep it down, haha. I probably have a glass of wine or two per week and once in awhile I go to bars, or my husband makes them at home. He loves to make drinks and socially lubricate the crowd. I think as long as we don't go overboard, it can be planned for, just like everything else!

Jenai: Cake sounds delish, and girl, it's okay that you had that piece!! It can always be super sticker-shock when we go over, but it's just one day. You're lucky that 1,400 feels like too much, if I go 1,200 or less for more than a couple of days in a row I become some kind of crazy horse-eating maniac; I really need to stick to 1,300 or 1,400 to feel satisfied! Just log it and move on, and you'll be great!

Well - at my reception thing on Friday, I am happy to report that I had a total of one cup of wine, six blueberries, one large strawberry, one Ritz cracker, and three small cubes of colby-jack cheese. It could have been wwaaaayyyy worse because there was a tray with some baklava-type-pastry-thing that was calling my name. I retreated to the other side of the room, lol. Today is the big day where people are coming over. Going to TRY to have a light breakfast and portion control myself on the alfredo. I am expecting to have a couple of drinks too; I think if I can keep it below 1,800 I will call it a success!

Daily Goals:
1) Drink at least 64 oz. of water-- M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes F: yes
2) Calories on average ~1350 M: 1,562 T:1,427 W: 1,427 (the EXACT same? Holy cow. I ate totally different foods. That'll never happen again)Th: 1,562 (It was 1,407, but then hubby brought me a fruity mixed beverage while I was grading. It was sweet of him, so I didn't say no) F: 1,154 Average: 1426.4
3) Shoot for ~25-30% of calories from protein across the week, daily and across week M: 22% T: 19% W: 17% (it's going down, I don't like that trend!) Th: 18% (it was 20% before the drink) F: 19% Average: 19%
4) No mindless eating!!!! M: yes T: no, I ate two pieces of bacon just because they were there W: yes Th: I snacked, but it was mindful, so yes. F: yes
5) Getting back into workout routine - do 20 minute exercise routine M-F this week, every day, no excuses, it's twenty minutes. M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes F: yes
6) Log everything M: yes T: yes W: yes. Had to guess on a couple of portion sizes, but I logged it. Th: yes F: yes

Specific Day Goals (I'll just start these with Thursday)
Th: Call previous mentor, get that reimbursement paperwork submitted, senior final papers graded -- Didn't finish all the papers (I got to them Friday morning) but I did get another abstract submitted, so I consider this a wash.
F: Class #2 final papers have a good dent in them (over half graded) All but one graded! Whoop whoop! I'll get to it sometime Saturday and continue exam grading.
Saturday: Control myself when we have people over for the evening. I'm allowed one treat.
Sunday: Do an extra workout! All senior exams graded

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!

~Terri
Old 05-10-2014, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Post Rain won't stop me!

It's a rainy day as forcasted, still showers are broken with some sunny spells, and I started the day with a nice brisk walk through three villages; a return trip took me around 50 min and I felt refreshed and lively until I had my lunch, which was very good and abundant (OH!) but full of only good calories, no bread, no sweets. I'll need to do more exercising later
Old 05-10-2014, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Last nights movie was wonderful. We saw Heaven is real. DH shared his regular Coke with me and I didn't drink much. I was craving other stuff but I didn't get any. After the movie I had a small bowl of fruit before bed. My weight was up a pound this morning. Just think what it would have been if I had given in to junk food. This is Mothers Day week end and we are going out twice, with my mother in law tonight and for me tomorrow. I am going to have to be very careful about what I eat or I could totally blow all the progress I have made in the past three weeks. Don't you just hate that.
I am still trying to lose what I gained weeks ago.
Happy Mothers day to all the mothers out there and I hope every one has a good week end.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Finally finish raking the backyard--30 mins exercise. Not sure whether I will tackle the weeds in the front lawn this afternoon or not. Grass is coming in nicely along the sidewalk where the city fixed the chunk they dug up from sidewalk plow.

Reading a few posts on going out for dinner. Mom and I are just going out for lunch after church but I will make her a good dinner (although not sure what??). I have a terrible time finding a place that is lower sodium and that is also low carb. I have to go online for restaurants and look at the menu before I go.

Jenn
Old 05-10-2014, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Well - at my reception thing on Friday, I am happy to report that I had a total of one cup of wine, six blueberries, one large strawberry, one Ritz cracker, and three small cubes of colby-jack cheese. It could have been wwaaaayyyy worse because there was a tray with some baklava-type-pastry-thing that was calling my name. I retreated to the other side of the room, lol. Today is the big day where people are coming over. Going to TRY to have a light breakfast and portion control myself on the alfredo. I am expecting to have a couple of drinks too; I think if I can keep it below 1,800 I will call it a success!
Awesome job keeping temptation at bay! I'm impressed Good luck today on keeping the alfredo to a decent portion. I love alfredo!!! That would be a tough one for me for sure!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:00 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Does falling count?

Looked for cycling among activities - found biking, which is the same. Looked for learning to cycle and falling from the bike - found nothing
Old 05-10-2014, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

One dinner down and one to go. I think I did OK today but I won't weigh till Friday.
Have a good weekend.

Goals
Drink water: M-Y T-Y W-Y T-Y F-Y S-Y
Eat fruit and veg: M-Y T-Y W-Y T-Y F-Y S-Y
Exercise 3X: 10 min. 10 min. 10 min.
Go to bed on time: HA, No, Yes, Yes, Yes,
Old 05-10-2014, 05:59 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Mother's Day to all you mamas out there!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and single dads out here.

I think the greatest gift we can give our children and grandchildren is us! I will keep this in mind today as I make food decisions and ask myself, "will this extend my life for my children?"

I think I am armed with what I need to make strong healthy choices for today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.