Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes? >

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes?

Old 05-03-2014, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Busy Saturday!

Debbie, you are absolutely right - third time is a charm! (I think I've tried a dozen times, but then I was on my own, with motivation and communication it is easier to do some suffering)

I have not done any special exercise today but was walking, gardening, cleaning, and allowed myself 2 gorgeous sunbathing hours on the top! At last the sun came out shining on my day off!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

this is a quickie just to say I am still here. I have had a migrain this past 2 days and so was not able to get on the computer much. Hope everyone else is haveing a good week. Nyda
Old 05-04-2014, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone

I am SO glad I didn't derail when I got sick. I am back down to 309.3 today!!
I had the first barbecue of the season yesterday and what an eyeopener!

I had no idea what a normal 100gr (3oz) burger should look like! But now I know, and my giant, cheese and onion stuffed burgers are a thing of the past!

I really don't much like grazers anyway so eat very little pork or beef. When I do though they will be different!
Old 05-04-2014, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all. I went on the quilters shop hop yesterday and didn't have any trouble walking around. I was thinking if it started to hurt I could just sit in the car but I was OK. When I got home I got supper on the go and I went to my sewing room and sorted fabric. I still have 3 containers to go through and some of it I am donating to the guild at the next meeting. I already donated most of my childrens fabric, and some finished quilt tops and blocks to the smile quilt group for the hospital. My eating is on track and tomorrow I am going to start using the treadmill again.
Nyda, It's good to see you back. I hope that your migraine is gone today.
Bea, When I think back to what I used to eat like, we once had 8oz. burgers and huge buns with bacon, cheese, mayo and a plate full of fries and the guys would eat two or three. Those days are gone. Good job Bea. You will soon be in Twoderville.
Welcome Cheeky cat. We are a great group for supporting each other. The sun is out today and I may catch a few rays this afternoon. Warmer weather is coming.
Mike, Happy honey moon.
Jenai, My scale is dropping too. Yeah.
Mern, I am glad that your eye check up went well. I go every year since I had the cataract surgery and am diabetic. So far every thing is good, knock on wood.
Debbie, Shout out to you. Where have you been?
Hope, I hope that your back and hands are better soon.
Have a great day.

I have three NSV's. I turned down a slice of cake at the lecture on Friday night and took a bottle of water instead. I had soup for lunch yesterday and turned down the donuts that every one else was eating. Last night I had 2 pieces of dark chocolate instead of eating the whole bar.

Last edited by libby116; 05-04-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Good job Libby on resisting temptation.
Haven't been feeling well the past couple of days. I'm thinking the sinuses the other day were probably allergies because I'm pretty stuffed up and sratchy today. And I have no meds in the house It is bearable--like a little head cold.

Jenn
Old 05-04-2014, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Today I wrapped up the first week of the new 8 week challenge I'm doing. It was an awesome first week!! I can't wait to see the schedule for the coming week. I went out for dinner with the family last night...like we always do after swimming.... and of course the scale is up this morning. Darn sodium! I ate bad stuff, but on a small scale. The portions are big enough at restaurants to share, so we always spilt the burger (my husband cuts off a 1/3 for me) and I have one of the kids fries and the kids share the other. So in the end I eat a 1/3 of a burger and a kids sized fries....and I'm stuffed! It's incredible the portion sizes in restaurants today. It's any wonder there's an obesity epidemic and that people are confused with what a real portion looks like. It's sad really.

Libby - I'm still here posting daily (well....except for yesterday ). Thanks for the shout out! Congrats on the NSVs! You should be very proud of yourself! I'm glad to hear the scale is on the way down again for you. You deserve it!

Now that the weekend is coming to an end, I'm again faced with losing the sodium weight (at least it's only 2.2 lbs. this week!) and breaking through the plateau! Anyone ever seen the movie Groundhog Day?

Have an awesome Sunday all!
Old 05-04-2014, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
I ate last night--a giant amount of chicken. I was ravenous for it. I didn't weigh it as I just kept picking more and more, but it must have been at least 12 oz. I ended up right on target for calories for the day with just dinner with all that chicken, some Rice A Roni and a couple of my strawberry freezer treats. And some broccoli, but that's so little in calories, and I didn't weigh it so I left it off my log.

Weighed in a few minutes ago, and I was in at less than 250!!! Just barely at 249.8, but was so happy that middle digit was one lower! Feeling so happy about that!

Debbie, way to get back to your low weight!
Bea, looks like you've got a lot of motivation today. Keep it going!
Hope, I hope your back feels better.
Mike, congrats!
Libby, great job on the loss!
Mary, glad you're getting some sunshine.

Congrats on the weight loss! Re chicken eating, your body might have just needed the protein.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by adyndravo1
this is a quickie just to say I am still here. I have had a migrain this past 2 days and so was not able to get on the computer much. Hope everyone else is haveing a good week. Nyda
Nyda, so glad you checked in! Please feel better!!
Old 05-04-2014, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) Plan food and stick to it - yes with reasonable adjustments, ate a bit more but resisted pizza; at more but mainly on plan been eating more than planned, went to a wedding and gorged on hors d'oeuvres, all bets off
2) Stretch every day - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
3) Drink more water - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4) lose the fluffiness - 1 pound so I'm even lol, yes gained weight back lost it gained it back (wedding)
5) Try to get outside, even for a little bit - yes, yes, yes even with the crappy weather, yes, yes, yes
6) write -yes, YES, yes, yes no, no DH b-day and a wedding
7) Meditate -yes, yes, yes briefly (buying DH b-day present online) no, no
8) Spanish - nada si, si no, si, no
9) Try to be positive - YES, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
10) Do something for others, even just a phone call -yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
11) walk or gym- walk, walk no walk, walk
12) throw out at least 5 pieces of paper junk or get rid of 3 items every day- yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Terrible back pain, fibro, trying to keep my spirits up
Old 05-04-2014, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning from San Francisco my Fitday family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.