FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread starting 4/28/14, Spring is here, yes? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10928-motivational-thread-starting-4-28-14-spring-here-yes.html)

JediMindTricks 04-28-2014 10:53 AM

I posted a message a little while ago, but for some reason it didn't take. I don't feel like writing the whole thing again. Basically, I had a mini binge last week, gained 3.5 lbs and feel horrible (mentally, physically). Time to get back to work.

1. Eat less than 1500cal/day
2. No more than 2 sugared sodas all week
3. Get started on 21 Day Fix program

lildebbieg 04-28-2014 12:29 PM

Hi all! I had a good day. I managed a workout, but didn't quite hit my calorie burn....but I did only set the goal to aim for that number so I still consider that a win :) Food was also on track, so hopefully I can break through this plateau!

I'm happy to see more activity here already this week! :D

libby116 04-28-2014 12:50 PM

I had a good day today an would like to carry this on all week.

Goals for the week
Exercise: starting with 10 min. M-15 min.
Calories: under 1200 M-Y
More fruit and veg M-Y
Quilt one hour a day M-N
Lose 1 pound

Debbie, I like the quote and will go to bed tonight knowing that I did well today.
Jenai, a lot of us are starting over today after Easter and family visits it was hard to get back to sensible eating. Today was a good day to come back.

Mern, I will be seeing my doctor in June and I want to lose at least five pounds before I see him again. I hope that we have good reports on our next visit.

Let's all have a good weigh in on Friday.

canary52 04-28-2014 02:04 PM

Goals:
1) Plan food and stick to it - yes with reasonable adjustments
2) Stretch every day - yes
3) Drink more water - yes
4) lose the fluffiness -
5) Try to get outside, even for a little bit - yes
6) write -yes
7) Meditate -yes
8) Spanish - nada
9) Try to be positive - YES
10) Do something for others, even just a phone call -yes

adyndravo1 04-28-2014 05:37 PM

Hello all. I have had a good day. I almost stayed under my calorie limit. I to liked the saying. I think I will go to bed with satisfaction also. I did get out a nd work in the green house after vacuuming the whol house. I got a lot of transplanting done today. Every thing is going well except for my rockie cucmbers. I think because of the cold spell the seeds rotted away. My other cucmbers are doing well.
Someone said spring is here. Spring in Idaho early morning overcast, midmorning sunny green hose heated up nicely, late morning overcast and cold wind out of the north, early afternoon sunny, alittle later overcast and snowing, late afternoon sunny and wind clamed down. Just another day in the great state of Idaho. It was snowing and blowing on Jackson pass today.
I to am going to try to get out of the house on days I don't work.

Goals this week
post everyday m-y
log food m-y
water m-y
exercise m-y

Nyda

JediMindTricks 04-28-2014 10:07 PM

Everyone seemed to have done very well Monday. Let's keep it going the whole week!

I tried to start my 21 Day Fix yesterday evening, but I couldn't get the DVD to work. I couldn't get it to play on my laptop when I took it downstairs and had it unplugged. I wasn't sure how that would work first of all because my battery is old. But then it said that my video driver wasn't good enough. But I know that's not true because I got it to play the other day on my laptop upstairs when it was plugged in to the wall. hmmm. Don't know. I tried it in the DVD player on the TV, but it never got past the "Loading" screen. I don't know if I had it plugged in wrong, if our DVD player is too out of date, or what. (It's a DVD/VCR combo if that tells you anything, lol). So I will try again today from my laptop on my desk. The only problem with that is that it's upstairs and any jumping or anything will rattle everything. Hope the house doesn't come crashing down! lol

I stayed almost under my calorie goal yesterday. I'm satisfied with what I did. I snacked on some chips, but I logged them and still stayed in my range, kept my sat fats to 10%. Fiber was too low. But protein and carbs were very good. No sugared soda...stuck with diet. So all in all a good day. I'll take it! Yea me! :)

Mern 04-29-2014 12:49 AM

Will be back later.

Monday Report:

Log food every day YES
Average 1500 calories or less per day 1293
Average 25 net carbs per day 20g
Average 200 mg or less dietary cholesterol per day 241
Average 11% of calories per day as saturated fat 5%
Exercise 5 days for 30 minutes YES
Water 64 oz. YES

canary52 04-29-2014 02:20 AM

Usually when I start out, I drop weight right away. Now I gained a pound!!! Must be catching up from all my b-day fun.

I found a good Zen saying on my calendar today: "The obstacle is the path."

I said spring is here - somewhat ironically. It is in the 40s here in NY, gray and yucky. And nearly May, I might add.

libby116 04-29-2014 02:36 AM

It's a rainy gloomy day in southern Ontario but better than the high winds we had yesterday. I thought the recycling box contents would be blown all over the street. Let's see what I can do on the treadmill today. Yea Mern for inspiring me to exercise and lets have a good doctors report next time.
Make it a good day.

Mern 04-29-2014 02:55 AM

Thank Goodness 8 month old great-grandbaby is sleeping! She was due to eat at 10:00 but she was so clingy and cranky this morning that I'm going to let her sleep until she wakes up. Using this time to catch up with you and next nap I'll do a mile or more of aerobic walking--or if it's warm enough, I'll take her for a walk in her stroller.

Mary, great job on switching the sandwich for the salad. It's great that you both felt comfortable switching to what you eat on your food plan. Mobility at our age is crucial to our health--once we lose that, we'll get OLD--you and I have too much to do to accept that. OMG, I'm rooting for you to see that two year low on Friday!

Jenai, hoping the clean slate will motivate you to do really great this week. That 3.5 lbs. is probably mostly water. Monday I was up something like 2.8 lbs. and I expect it to leave quickly. Aw, I hope you get your exercise video to play. Few everyday minor problems frustrate me more than electronics. We have a DVD, VCR combo, too. Are you sure you switched your source on the player from VCR to DVD? (Mine has to be switched manually.) I hope your house doesn't come crashing down, either. LOL

Debbie, quite admirable job yesterday!

Libby, we'll BOTH make our June Dr. appointment weight goals. I just KNOW it! I'd love to lose two lbs. by Friday--shouldn't be too hard since I'm carrying excess water. I HAVE to exercise to reach my coming Friday and June goals. We can do this if we try hard enough.

Hope, well done yesterday! My great-granddaughter's parents speak pretty fluent Spanish to each other after studying it for five years so far. I don't know about Daddy, but Mommy plans further study in Spanish. They have a play desk for the baby that has several activities and one teaches Spanish to babies and toddlers. I hope your lb. of birthday fun goes away quickly. I'm not sure I like the Zen quote about the obstacle being the path. I'm sure it's very true, but it sounds like a lot of work. UGH!

Nyda, nice job yesterday! Wishing you continued great exercise with your garden/greenhouse and a great yield as a result of all your work. Do you pickle any of the cucumbers? I've tried that but mine weren't very good. I don't think they were young enough or maybe not the right variety. I didn't realize Idaho weather varies so much from morning to night!