FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread April 21-27 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/10892-motivational-thread-april-21-27-a.html)

jjrudd 04-21-2014 01:00 AM

Motivational Thread April 21-27

Good morning everyone. Going to be a warm day in Ontario.
Ate too much yesterday so will go easier today!

GOALS
1. Eat within carb limit
2. Exercise 4X for 30 min
3. 4 servings fruits and veggies
4. 6 glasses of water

TO-DO LIST
1. Phone for junk removal
2. Write--journal or blog 3X
3. Finish raking back lawn
4. Write out questions for dietician on Fri, print out food journal

Jenn

JediMindTricks 04-21-2014 01:54 AM

Hi, all. Hope you had a nice Easter weekend. It will be a difficult week for me. I made the big mistake of having Panda Express last night. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now. My scale does NOT like me today.

On Friday my hubby is taking me to lunch at Outback. I'll weigh in before I go. lol Also, although I told them not to, my parents brought over a cake yesterday. I only had one piece, but that just really added a lot to my calorie count for the day.

I thought my goal for the week would be to say goodbye to the 250's, but it looks more like I just need to get rid of all the sodium and weight gain from the weekend. I will reluctantly be happy with a break even week. I will have to try to be very careful the rest of the week. It seems like when I hit a bump in the road, though, I fall apart. I guess another goal would be to keep myself together.

Mern 04-21-2014 02:09 AM

I have been just horrible about exercise lately. Taking Jenn's goals as a hint, I'm going to try to exercise at least 4 times this week or a total of 120 minutes any way I can get myself to do it. Also minimum 48 oz. water--and eat on plan, of course.

Jenn, hi. Thanks for starting us off. Wishing you a very lovely day.
How are you feeling? Still trying to go without the blood sugar meds? When is your next appt. with the dietician? Best wishes on your goals.

Jenai, oh, how I love Chinese food! But like you, I pay dearly for the sodium content. I'll bet you can rid yourself of the excess water by Friday. I made a no-bake blueberry cheesecake for Easter and it was carby and so delicious. DH finished the last piece this morning, so no more temptation. He offered me half and I had the fortitude to decline.

sfdonovan 04-21-2014 02:57 AM

Looking forward to Tuesdays and Thursdays workouts. Keeping my intake at 2500 calories. Should not have ate that other 12 ozs of roasted pork loin Sunday. Could have saved it and had it with a salad today for lunch. That will learn me.:(

jjrudd 04-21-2014 03:44 AM

Hi Mern. Feeling better. Well...right now I'm not taking any meds until I see the Dr the next time. My appointment is Fri morning.
Got most of the rest of the back lawn raked. Looks much better but I will definetely be feeling it tomorrow!
Jenn

Mern 04-21-2014 04:47 AM

SF best wishes this week. I love pork loin and it would have better than the sodium laden ham I had yesterday.

Jenn, glad you're feeling better. Glad to learn your appointment is Friday morning. Kudos on the lawn raking exercise.

Surprise! I actually did a mile of aerobic walking since my last post. Will do another mile later today.

jjrudd 04-21-2014 02:07 PM

GOALS
1. Eat within carb limit yes
2. Exercise 4X for 30 min MOST DEFINETELY
3. 4 servings fruits and veggies 3
4. 6 glasses of water yes Had 2 when I came in from raking!!

TO-DO LIST
1. Phone for junk removal
2. Write--journal or blog 3X yes
3. Finish raking back lawn almost
4. Write out questions for dietician on Fri, print out food journal

Jenn

adyndravo1 04-21-2014 03:55 PM

Hi all. Had 5 days off in a row and though I wanted to get some yeard work done I got sick on saturday. I did manage to get the plants all out to the green house they are doing much better.
I cut a big bowl full of mixed greens. The purple bok choy is very tender and and mellow compared to the it's big cousin (white stalks) you see in the grocery.
I had to work today and was in a off mood. bought stuff I should not have. I will have to be good the next 2 days I have no more money.
Goals for the week
drink lots of water-m-y
post here m-y
log all my food m-y

have a great tuesday. Nyda

JediMindTricks 04-21-2014 04:40 PM

Jenn, glad you are feeling better. :)

Mern, good job on the exercise today!

I'm doing terribly. It seems that when I get off track a little bit, next thing I know I'm off track completely. Didn't feel good from all the Chinese food I ate last night. But I still started off my day with a soda. And another one in the afternoon. DH asked if I wanted him to bring something home for dinner...what? No cooking?? Heck yeah! He brought home a bakery ready to bake pizza (which btw was actually really good). Then for my birthday he brought me a mini cheesecake and a Symphony bar. As you can see, it's not been a good couple of days at all. Oh, and on Friday I'm getting a belated birthday lunch date with DH to Outback. I'm thinking this week will be a gain. :(

I have a phone consultation with my life coach tomorrow morning. Interested to see where that goes.

Kumochi 04-22-2014 02:35 AM

Back from the weekend and ready to lose. Ate too much chocolate but was good about avoiding salt. I'll know whether there was any real gain once I'm back on track tomorrow. Accidentally went for a long walk as my grandkids convinced me the 4 year old bikes to the park all the time with her mom and 8 year old brother. Found out later this was her first time going that far. I guess I should be happy she didn't quit. About a 2.5 K walk round trip and a bit faster than I normally go due to the kids on bikes.

Plan to be strict for the next month as I would like to be down 10 pounds by the end of May. I have been reading about the effect of weight loss on mobility. More incentive to lose.