Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread April 21-27 >

Motivational Thread April 21-27

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread April 21-27

Old 04-26-2014, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

MAry - Give Mederma a try. We used it on my daughters eye when she was cut from her eyeglasses. It actually worked!
Old 04-26-2014, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Nyda, so sorry you're having a rough time. Hopefully the meds will kick and quickly make a difference for you. hang in there.

Mary, vitamin E cream? I think I've heard that before.

I'm ready to be back to my "good" self and stop eating junk. omg, one week of being off track and I feel hoooorrrrible. Mentally, emotionally AND physically. I'm afraid to step on the scale. maybe I'll wait until next Friday.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks I"ll research Mederma. Right now I'm doing the antibiotic ointment and bandaid routine. Once the stitches are out I'll use vitamin E etc. Only 2 stitches per cheek but I want them to heal well.

I over ate yesterday. Not sure if I was hungry out of boredom or what was going on. I think I'll go out today = bandaids and all. The sun is shining.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

I am ready to crawl out of the pitty pit and try again.
I am 60 and yes it was traumatic............. but consider the alternative.
I miss my dog terribly.............. but she is free from pain and at peace.
My foot still hurts..................... but it will get better.
I lost my ride to guild.............. but I can still sew at home.
Life goes on and my attitude is a choice. I could dwell on the negative or find the good in each situation and be grateful for what these life lessons have taught me. Let's make it a Good day.
Thank you to all my friends on this site for your concern and encouragement.
I plan to make some progress in May.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dmartz
Just dropped into extend some birthday greetings -

Happy Birthday Jenai! I too have an all or nothing attitude - The technique that finally worked for me was two fold: Finally deciding that I wasn't going to quit until I lost All the weight, and the old cliche': Taking one day at a time. Today's a new day, and for you, a new year (Yeah!) and a new opportunity to break the old habits and form new healthy ones.

Happy Birthday Hope! (The 26th?) No poem, just wishing you the best in the coming year.

- Donna
(Over 18 months in maintenance!)
Thank you, Donna!!! No poem necessary!!! Greetings much appreciated!!! And now that I have celebrated (though there are more to go; DH next week) I am thinking of coming back, lost sheep that I am. I am certainly "fluffier," I'll tell you that!!!

Thank you for your good wishes, Mary!!! So glad you came back.

Libby, so sorry to hear you've been going through a hard time but you are inspirational!!! Believe me, your message spoke to me and I'll bet it did to others too!!!

Mern, hi!!!! How are ya, mama?

Birthday shout out to Jenai. I don't think we "met."

Everyone, sorry I am not covering everyone - yet- but I am sending love to all. Missed you guys!!!

Just a little observation. I logged the food I ate already today (it is before 1pm here) and I was shocked SHOCKED at the calorie count. Might be time to climb aboard that ol' wagon and start planning meals again!!

Last edited by canary52; 04-27-2014 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Hope!!! Glad to see you back!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Welcome back Hope!!! Glad to see you back!
Thank you, Debbie!!! Glad to be back!!! How are you?
Old 04-28-2014, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

hello, everyone. I've been gone for about a week, week and a half. I completely fell off the wagon. I was trying really hard not use my all or nothing mentality, but it got the better of me and the "nothing" in that phrase won out. I have gained 3.5 lbs since the Friday before the one that just passed. Ouch.

Trying today to start anew. I think I might have some cravings from my binge last week, so I'm going to say that my goal this week is to eat under 1500 cal/day. My 21 Day Fix program also came in, and I haven't started it yet, although I did get it out of the box. That means my next goal is to get started. I don't know what my hang up is about starting that. I feel like I would really like it, and I know it would be super good for me, but for some reason I'm backing away from it. I don't know what that's all about. Third goal is no more than 2 sugared sodas all week.

1. Less than 1500cal/day
2. Start 21 Day Fix
3. Max 2 sugared sodas all week.

Hope, nice to meet you.