Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread April 21-27 >

Motivational Thread April 21-27

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread April 21-27

Old 04-24-2014, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

I'm checking in and journaling Just not much to report. I want to lose 10 pounds over the next 5 weeks. It's do-able but will require more work than I've been putting in. I need to get back to the Y.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Another half an hour of raking today. Garden in the back is starting to look better. 45 mins exercise today since I had a walk this morning too! WOO HOO I might even make it up to my goal this week for exercise!!
Jenn
Old 04-24-2014, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I've had a good day. Food is in check and did my regular interval workout plus added in some time on the elliptical. I hope to get the scale moving again...I've been stuck here for too long! I know my problem is wine...too many calories and when I have some on the weekend, I seem to get too lax with my diet as well. Gotta lay off the wine completely...at least for a few weeks!

Mary - Great job setting a short term goal! I too need to put in more effort than I have been.

Jenn
- That's awesome that you got in some activity today! Keep it up!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Well my weigh in went better than I feared. I'm down 1 lb. from last week...but still in this damn plateau! It's been 14 weeks now that I've hung around the same weight range. Going into the weekend, I need to stay extremely focused and determined. I plan on tracking every single bite.....maybe that will help me stay more focused? I'm going for dinner tonight with some friends, but I've already picked what I'll have and will track it. I'm also going out for dinner with the family tomorrow night. Luckily both restaurants I'm going to have the nutritional information online so at least I know how many calories I'm eating. Man the weekends are tough....I know I'm not alone on that one!

Plateau be gone!!! Wish me luck!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Birthday Greetings

Just dropped into extend some birthday greetings -

Happy Birthday Jenai! I too have an all or nothing attitude - The technique that finally worked for me was two fold: Finally deciding that I wasn't going to quit until I lost All the weight, and the old cliche': Taking one day at a time. Today's a new day, and for you, a new year (Yeah!) and a new opportunity to break the old habits and form new healthy ones.

Happy Birthday Hope! (The 26th?) No poem, just wishing you the best in the coming year.

- Donna
(Over 18 months in maintenance!)
Old 04-25-2014, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Donna, thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

Well, folks. It happened. My black and white, all or nothing thinking took over. It's a "nothing" week. I've not been binging, but close. I'm not constantly stuffing my face and feelings, but I'm also not saying "no" to anything. I'm afraid to get on the scale. When I do my grocery shopping this weekend it's back to good foods. I'd start sooner, but my a large portion of my grocery money this week went to fund school projects and I've got no money for good dinners or lunches (or snacks for that matter).

I'll be glad when this week is over. My double chin feels like 4 chins, I'm bloated and unhappy.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday to Jenai and Hope.. Donna - thanks for dropping in and reminding us that it can be done. 18 months maintenance is great. One thing I have learned is I need to stay here to maintain.

Jenai - the all or nothing attitude is hard. You are fighting it by not quitting.

I am trying to stop my too many exceptions attitude. It gets frustrating to work hard to lose and then blow it because of a party, vacation, Easter, etc, etc, etc. I'm going to a friend's home after work and there will be wine. I need to avoid the snacks she will offer as a glass of wine is not that damaging, 4-5 snacks are. I have been working on this lately and it does get easier especially if you make the focus something other than food.

Good luck to all this weekend. I will be checking in and working on losing this weekend.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all. I have had a bad day. The hot water line to the washer is leaking again ,badly. Need to dump the bowl and put it back befroe going to bed. Then to top the day off the washer quit working, it won't go into the rinse cycle. It was used when we bought it and have fixed it twice. So there goes our trip to Salt Lake for the quilt show and shopping. I was really llokinig forward to it.
THe dression it a low this last week. Had to go see my Doctor today and get back on antidressants. Thank goodness I have a cheap doctor. Still spent money I really didn't have to spend. It just has not been my week. I know when I get depressed I have no energy and and I crave junk food. I made a good super to night and I will wieght in the morning and as the drugs kick in I will be able to stay on track better. HOpe soon no more wanting to cry all the time.
I keep cutting those greens in my greenhouse.
To bad so many of us are having bad weeks. Happy BIrthday to all. And we will get through this I know we can, and we will.

Last edited by adyndravo1; 04-25-2014 at 06:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Spring is right around the corner. Things will get better!
Old 04-26-2014, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Recognizing when you need to see your Dr and get on meds is a good step. This will pass. That is hard to remember when you are depressed.

Have a good weekend everyone. I need to figure out a way to keep busy without going out in public. I had a couple spots removed from my face yesterday and have a stitch on each cheek. Can't decide whether bandaids look better than the stitches. I'm busy researching how to minimize the scars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.