Community
Notices

Accomplishments Journal

Old 06-10-2014, 04:55 PM
FitDay Member

Yesterday I made brownies and ate none of them. I didn't even lick the spoon.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:50 PM
FitDay Member

omg Aimee! I could never do that. You have got some mighty tough willpower!!! That's a great accomplishment!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Wow I can't do that. If I make brownies I have to eat them. Even thinking of them makes me want one. Well done Aimee
Old 06-12-2014, 09:25 PM
FitDay Member

2 days ago I baked a cake for the kids. I had just a single piece. 2 days later there is still some in there and I haven't touched it. (I try not to even look at it for fear it's hypnotizing array of sprinkles should tempt me into another piece...or four. lol)
Old 06-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

I've been dragging my feet all week about choosing an 'all-liquids' day. Now that it is late afternoon on a weekend, I'm going to go with tomato soup. And any other liquid meal that tastes right....
Old 06-28-2014, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

This whole liquids for a day thing is such a different idea! Where did you get this idea? How do you feel it benefits you? Awesome job sticking to your commitment of having and entire day of liquids on a weekly basis!
Old 06-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

It's a Deepak Chopra thing. On that day, I feel like there are very few decisions to make. As long as it's a liquid soup like tomato soup or even a smoothie, it's OK. I don't think about much beyond the texture of the soup when making a choice... I do feel like I make 'lighter' choices and that's OK. It's just one day a week.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Made it through my liquids-only day. Works best when there's nothing great in the refrigerator....
Old 07-10-2014, 07:24 PM
FitDay Member

I have a non-diet accomplishment. I have to admit that I am not the best housekeeper in the world. I'm not one to live in a pig sty, but I'm no neat freak. dh is though. I've come a very long way over the course of our marriage.

When we moved into our new house I made a vow to myself that I would not let it get bad, that I would always pick up after myself, etc. (the kids haven't learned that yet unfortunately.) If you've read my posts you may have noticed that I'd been feeling down the past few weeks (I realized last week that I had been taking my meds improperly and I think that was most of the problem). Now that I'm doing it right I'm feeling really great and have lots of energy and optimism.

While I was down and depressed I let the kitchen go a lot and dishes (although rinsed and cleaned) stacked up in the sink waiting to get loaded into the dishwasher, etc. dh didn't say anything, but I knew I wasn't doing my job and I felt bad about it. He works too hard every day to come home to a less than clean house.

This past week my head turned around and I've been doing a great job with the housekeeping. dh even acknowledged me today saying that he's noticed. That made me happy that he noticed. (The other night I swept and mopped without him asking me to like a child for example) So tonight I went above and beyond just getting the dishes done. I gave the kitchen a really good cleaning and got both the kitchen and family room decluttered. (There was a catch-all corner on the kitchen counter that is no longer catching anything, and some odds and ends were stacking up on one of the coffee tables. i went through some drawers, cleaned out some stuff I don't need, I took a magic eraser to our glass top stove (and boy did that work!)...Just got it looking really nice.

And dang it, I feel pretty good about what I've done this week. Housekeeping has never been my thing. The thing is, when he complimented me, it made me want to do more to make him happy because he made me happy. And, since I've been feeling better this week I'm making more productive use of my nights when I'm awake and the house is quiet rather than digging into too many snacks and binging.

So that's it. I cleaned. I know, big deal, but it's looks super nice, and I'm proud that I'm making self-improvement and to live in a very beautiful house...and I want to keep it that way.

Now, on to the laundry! (He normally does all the laundry too. I try to help out...not as much as I should, but I try.)

Oh! and I got the bananas and strawberries that no one were eating prepped and in the freezer for later use rather than letting them go bad and throwing them away. Good job me!

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 07-10-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai that is a BIG deal. I know how much work it is to keep a house tidy and there is a sense of pride in a clean home.
It reminds me that I am behind on my goals of cleaning. Heard the truck for recycling coming up the street at 7AM and thought OH C--- it's garbage day (I thought it was Mon!!). So quickly threw on some clothes ran down the stairs and put it out.

I did have a post written out last night but don't know where it went?? Had stir fry for dinner on Chinese noodles. One way to get my veggies in since I haven't been doing well on that goal this week.
Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.