Community
Notices

Accomplishments Journal

Old 04-16-2014, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

My first accomplishment of the day...I'm back to losing after struggling for a few days. Hopefully that won't be my last accomplishment of the day.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

There are still tax issues in the air around my house - and I want to comfort myself with food. Made my standby comfort food - plain mashed potatoes - but mixed them half and half with baked eggplant. A small concession to dieting.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

I was thinking about how good a soda and ice cream from McDonald's would be on my way home. I had it all mapped out in my head which McDonald's I was going to stop at, which way to take home, etc. But when it came time to make the turn towards McDonald's, I went the other way and went straight home. Big deal for me to pass up a drive thru urge. Proud of myself!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Well done guys. These small decisions all add up. I was tempted by cola yesterday but walked by the vending machine. Coke ( several a day) used to be my major downfall so avoiding it is good.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

I succeeded in sticking to my 'all-liquids' rule for the day. It's an idea from the Deepak Chopra book 'Perfect Weight.' Once a week, have only liquids (even if soup is included, or smoothies, etc.).

I tried it for a day last week. This week, I was reluctant, thinking about what I had in the fridge for meals, but in the end, I'm glad I spent the day with soup and juice again.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Kathy,

How did the liquid diet make you feel?
Did it give you a clear head?

I wouldn't be opposed to trying it if I saw a positive benefit aside from calorie control

Thanks in advance

Bea
Old 04-19-2014, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

I may try a day of liquids next week. I often substitute a protein shake for a meal so going all liquids should be doable. I'd be interested in any good or bad reaction you had to it.

My accomplishment for yesterday was cleaning my bedroom. I count the 1.5 hours spent as exercise.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

The liquid diet for just one day seems to work well. He doesn't say to make it low-calorie, but he says not to make it fatty and heavy stuff - don't just liquify meatloaf, for example! And it's just one day a week.

I just have soup and juices. A smoothie, too, if I have the time and items for making one. I think it does end up being lower calorie.

One other of his recommendations that I like: sip hot water throughout the day. In a mug, really hot water. It's a good way for me to get my water 'quota.'

No clear head. My head is always muddled.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Kathy Have you tried cutting out wheat for your muddled head? It seems to have helped mine. I know it reduces the ringing in my ears. I am going to try a liquid diet some day this week. I need to go grocery shopping. I also have company for part of the week so will have to work around that.

My accomplishment for today is coming in to work. Hard to do after a 4 day weekend. Now I need to do some work!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Last week, I missed my 'liquids only' day (the Deepak Chopra habit). Today, I'm back - today, it's juice and soup only for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.