Notices

Motivational Thread April 14 - April 20

Old 04-15-2014, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

So far so good today. Packed my lunch and ate it at my desk. I love leftovers. It is so hard to find a fast food that fits in my plan if I need to pick up something. Hard to find something without wheat. I am going to need a gluten free pizza one of these days. Down 20 pounds since Jan 10th! Next goal the 170"s.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

I am doing much better today eating better and keeping busy with housework.
We have made arrangements to have Suzie put down tomorrow so I am trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. I am exhausted and could use a nap.
I'll try to have a light supper to keep my calories down. Tomorrow will be rough.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

Libby I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I hope your vet is supportive.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome back after being off the wagon last week. Your support means more to me than I can express. I have been keeping all our pals here who are going through hard times in my thoughts and prayers. Going to lunch tomorrow with three former high school classmates and will visit the online menu before I leave the house to choose my lunch on plan.

Mary, major kudos on being down 20 lbs. since Jan. 10! Way to go on packing your lunch. I love leftovers, too, and am fortunate that DH does, also. Best wishes on the gluten free stuff--I have neither experience nor recommendations for that.

Libby, huge hug to ya! Many of us will be with you in spirit tomorrow as you say goodbye to your beloved Suzie. I've had to put down my dog, too, and in my heart I always knew I was doing what was best for him--ending his suffering. He went very peacefully and comfortably as I stroked him to the end. I also believe that one day we'll be united with our pets in Heaven.

Debbie, kudos on losing two of the seven lbs. I knew you could do it!

Bea, glad your tooth is feeling better.

Jenai, aw, "the curse of the good cook." It is hard to expect our families to eat only treats that are "legal" on our eating plans. I wish I'd started eating this way when my kids were very young, then we'd all be eating healthful treats except for special occasions, and we wouldn't have so much junk food in the house. Got to admit I'd love to taste one of your cherry crumble bars. But I'm toasting you with my diet soda as I type this.

Becca, great job on your cardio and water.

Last edited by Mern; 04-15-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:47 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, you will be in my thoughts today.

Mary, great job on the 20lbs gone!!!

Mern, enjoy your lunch!

Great job Debbie on the 2 lbs down, and good for you Becca for getting in the cardio and water.

Well, I did it. I only went over my (high end of the range) calories by 7. It would have been lower, but my lovely daughter went and baked a cake today. grrrrr. This is the sweet little girl who posted to Facebook, "It's called self control, mom." well, when it comes to sweets, especially baked things, I have no self control. Although I dipped my spoon in the frosting canister a few times, I only had ONE piece of cake. I'm going to try super hard to stick to one piece tomorrow, but I can't swear I will. I'm going to really try, though. And I will be so happy when the family gets home in the afternoon and finishes that thing off.

Feeling sooooo good even still about not having sugared soda. The diet satisfies the cravings, and I'm drinking more water now than I was when I was drinking the soda. So that's a bonus.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

I've been completely struggling with motivation again! I'm going to try my best to turn that around starting now! I'm dressed and ready to get in a good sweat session. I think when I feel pressure is when I lose motivation? With the excess water weight gain and having to weigh a day early, I've felt pressure. For what ever reason, this derails me and rather than push hard....I sit on the couch and eat? Soooooo....I'm reducing the pressure for tomorrow and choosing to weigh in on Monday when I get back instead. Hopefully that helps me stay on track while I'm out of town instead of creating pressure and causing me to derail instead? At least I won't be able to get on the scale for a few days!

Off to get my sweat on!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

It's been a rough day but Suzie is at peace. Her birthday was October the 16th
and she was 16 and a half years old today. I am giving myself permission to go off the diet for a few days with out guilt. Thank you for thinking of me.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

I'm sorry you lost such a great friend...
Old 04-16-2014, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Take care of yourself Libby. Remember the 16 plus years you had Suzie. I'm sure there will be times you expect her to be there when you get home. It takes time for that expectation to pass.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Feeling Motivated. Have a great Easter weekend everyone who is starting their weekend today. Remember there are treats other than chocolate - flowers, bulbs, pictures etc. That being said I plan on splurging on a really good small bunny as I have been craving chocolate for days. If I'm going to have some I may as well make it the best and savour it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.