Notices

Motivational Thread April 14 - April 20

Old 04-14-2014, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

I'm trying to limit sodium. For anyone who can get Mrs. Dash seasoning blends (I believe they're all no sodium) I highly recommend my new discovery: Mrs Dash Chicken Grilling Blend. I honestly did not even miss the salt on my pork chop tonight--I think due to the bit of lemon juice solids in it. I think it would also be great on fish. This blend also has garlic, onion, black pepper, sweet chili peppers, oregano, rosemary, basil, sage, thyme, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander and a few other spices. No MSG, no added potassium.

Breakfast this morning was surprisingly delicious. I had some leftover "taco filling" that I made with soy textured veggie protein. To it I added just enough egg white to come to the top of the taco mixture and microwaved it for about 2 minutes. It was like a taco egg white omelet. So good that I'm going to make another batch, portion it out, and keep in the freezer for breakfast omelets and for lunch tacos on low carb Flatout flatbreads, pita bread, or tortillas.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mern Good to see you back.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Mern. Missed your support on the site!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back lady! Missed you last week
Old 04-14-2014, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'm over on calories today a little bit, but this time it's not because of sugared soda. yea! No, I made a dessert treat for the family, and I can't keep my mitts out of it. Being a good cook has it's downfalls. lol. But, I'm still optimistic for the week, and the rest of my day has been filled with more nutritious foods instead of soda. I've also been supplementing my diet soda with more water, which is another good thing.

Mern, so glad to see you back. I was getting worried about you. The Mrs. Dash sounds good. I have a couple of those in the back of my cabinet, and I never think to use them. I should bring them out to the forefront. Thanks for reminding me of the Mrs. Dash line.

Bea, so sorry to hear about your tooth problems. Tooth pain is the worst imo. Hopefully with the medication it won't be too horrible of a wait until you can get in.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Banned

Hi everybody!

I did good yesterday...got my cardio in last night..glad about that..got my water intake in as well.

Libby sorry to hear about your pet not doing well...I'm sure you will make the best decision.
Debbie, yes I agree with everyone else those 7lbs will be outta here so fast!!!
Mern, I too love the Ms Dash products as well...so tasty!
Mary & Jenn good job on the couple pounds loss
Jenai, I love my diet coke or Dr pepper as well...I try and have it every now n then..it really helps my
cravings for anything sweet!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:58 PM
FitDay Member

I feel so much better today!!
Pressure is subsiding, throbbing is gone... and I can drink my coffee. Today is promising to be warm and sunny........ this evening I WILL go to the boardwalk. I have missed a couple of days due to tooth abscess
Old 04-15-2014, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Becca, glad you had yourself a good day.

Bea, happy to hear you are doing better and can drink your coffee. I know for coffee drinkers the day just doesn't go right if you don't get your morning cup (or three).

I still feel so excited and optimistic about my day. I may be stumbling with my calorie count a little, but I am not giving up and will keep working on it day by day. Yesterday I ate soooo well except for the stupid (several) pieces of cherry crumble bars. I think they are all gone now. The kids cry and complain when I don't make treats, but when I do they hardly eat them and then I do. I hope I don't get the urge to bake anything for a while. Anyways, I'm so much happier overall since I went back to diet soda, and my optimism for progress and success is outstanding. I hope I can stay on track all day today. I'm going to go plan my menu now.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-15-2014, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Well 2 lbs. of the 7 lbs. of the water weight is gone....only 5 more to go! ONLY 5 lbs!! Have an awesome day all!
Old 04-15-2014, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I was good for most of the day but in the evening I had a major melt down trying to stuff my feelings with food. I appreciate your concern. You are like family to me. I'll let you know how things are going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.