Notices

Motivational Thread April 14 - April 20

Old 04-17-2014, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I completely get what you mean about pressure derailing you. I think I have that problem sometimes too. The scale will still be there on Monday, right?

Libby, my heart goes out to you.

Mary, sometimes it's best to answer a craving before it gets out of control and leads to a binge. Enjoy your bunny.

I had a fantastic day yesterday. My calories were the lowest they've been in quite a while. Under my target range, and that was even with some cake. And the pan is empty so no more temptations today! I did have more than I hoped for yesterday, but only a little. I had 1 1/2 pieces. To keep myself from eating too much I would have 2 bites at a time throughout the day instead of having whole pieces at a time.

Last night I also did my zucchini noodle trick to replace the egg noodles in the tuna casserole. I was stuffed, and I got a huge serving of it for very low calories. Also, instead of peas I tried something new...1 inch pieces of asparagus throughout the casserole. It was really good.

Today I want to keep on track with my calorie range, improve on protein and fiber. I also want to keep my motivated attitude going. I've been feeling good about things and want to keep it that way.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-17-2014, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

I'm packing for the weekend! Bringing my running shoes, heart rate monitor, gymboss interval timer and my fitness log so I have lots of ideas for exercises I can do without any equipment (no excuses even though I'm on holidays!). I did weigh this morning and I still have 3 stubborn pounds extra from last week's weigh in....I'm determined to shake them while I'm away! I've been stuck around the 120 mark for month's now! I'm starting to think this is where I will stay?

Have an awesome Easter weekend! I may get a chance to check in if I have access to a computer...but I'm not sure if I will. So have a good one and I'll check back when I can!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

This week I improved my average daily calorie intake by a few hundred. I had a couple days that were pretty high, but the over all average is improving. And improvement is all I can ask for.

I'm getting so close to the 240's! I think that will be my goal next week...to lose 2 lbs and out of the 250's. It will be a challenge though I think because next week is my birthday and I want to go out for dinner. I always gain for 3 or 4 days after eating out from all the sodium. But I am going to try to get out of the 250's for next week's weigh in.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! I was up early this morning and went out for a 5 km run...on holidays! Proud of myself My food intake has been good too...although I haven't logged it. A sensible eggs and beans breakfast and a salad with chicken breast for lunch. Dinner will be sensible too

Jenai - I'm here cheering you on!! You can do this....even with your birthday week coming up. If you don't quit hit your goal next week....all is not lost...there will be the week after too (I need to remind myself as much as well....so hard ). I'm so excited for you!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 04-18-2014, 01:02 PM
FitDay Member

Libby, huge hugs to you. I'm glad you gave Suzie peace and freedom from pain. I know how hard that is. My dog was 14 1/2 and I adopted him when he was only two months old.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Easter everyone. I'm off to visit family till Tuesday. My goal is to not gain. Jenai I want to get down to the next level by Friday as well. Let's both be able to record new #'s by Friday. I like when I first record a new set plus it's even better when I gt low enough the scales never wanders back up to the higher #. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm doing this for fitness and mobility - however ! guess the numbers are concrete evidence that I'm succeeding.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Easter everyone!

Finally have a little bit more energy today after dealing with nasty side effects from medication--bloating and indigestion. A beautiful weekend so I hope to do some yardwork on Mon. We will be having turkey but with vegetables and a small serving of stuffing I hope it won't be too bad.

Jenn
Old 04-19-2014, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Going to 8AM church service tomorrow with our granddaughter and her husband and our great-granddaughter. We go to the same church, but I usually attend Saturday afternoon or later Sunday morning. Not doing a huge family dinner, though--just will be me, DH, and our son.

Well, Easter is a time of new life, so I'm hoping to be re-motivated on my healthful lifestyle on Monday.

Hugs and happy Easter to all!
Mern

Last edited by Mern; 04-19-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Easter everyone. We are going to church and getting together with relatives today and I don't have to cook. Yay.
Mern our dogs lived long and happy lives and we will have fond memories to cherish. TY for thinking of me. I had a dream of Suzie and Cassie our first dog
running and playing in the back yard.
My foot is feeling better today, not 100% but I can walk normaly with minimal pain. I went to emergency yesterday for an x-ray. They said there was no fracture and I should follow up with my doctor on Tuesday. Big help they were.
I will make an appointment next week.
I hope you all enjoy this beautiful day and don't eat too much chocolate. HA HA.