Notices

Motivational Thread April 7 - April 13

Old 04-12-2014, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning Setting my daily goals for the day. Today I'm aiming to burn a minimum of 500 calories and drink 96 oz. water. I'm not tracking calories again today since I'm going out for dinner with my family tonight. The kids have swimming on Saturdays and get out of the pool at 6 pm so it's too late when I get home to make dinner and get them to bed at a decent hour. I'm planning to have either a salad or chicken wrap. Back to calorie counting tomorrow!

Have a great day all!
Old 04-12-2014, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I posted a message last night but it must have gotten lost in cyber space. Congrats Debbie for the 2.8 pound loss this week. You were working
out hard for that loss. I am glad you had a nice time out with your DH and the clothing shopping was enjoyable too. Have a good time with your family tonight. We all did well this week for weight loss. I want to lose 2 pounds
this week and today I am back to walking on the treadmill.
I have a mirror story but it's not like Debbie's. We have mirrored closet doors in the front hall and I don't usually look at my self except for a glance before I leave the house. I was washing the floor on my hands and knees an sat down in front of the mirror and was shocked at what I saw. I looked like Jabba the Hut with all my rolls and chubby legs and I wondered why I had not seen this before. It was a rude awakening for sure. I am so glad that I am doing something to change this image.
Debbie, be proud of what you have accomplished and enjoy your shopping spree.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Libby it makes me sad to hear anyone have that perception of themselves

If all I saw was my flaws when I look in a mirror, I wouldn't have the self worth to do this.

I have an ass the size of Texas and thunder thighs that are now deflating!! (Totally nasty)
BUT, I also have cool grey hair, that I am quite fond of
A smallish waist that makes me look feminine
and boobs that I have quite liked since they appeared!

So, some things to work on, but I also have some things going for me!

What is your best asset?
Old 04-12-2014, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

It is good to note your positive assets. I hope everyone is having a healthy weekend I am going to the year end curling dinner tonight. I should be able to eat healthy. For extra motivation I'll report here tomorrow. That may keep me away from the desserts. I need to think of something physical to do Cleaning the house would be good.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, you and are alike. That's exactly what I think when I have seen myself sitting or even standing in front of a mirror...Jabba the Hutt. There's not a single thing I like about my appearance right now. I just remember what I used to look like and that I want to be there again. So the memory I have is my motivation. Even when I was 175, I thought of myself as pretty even though I was a little over weight. That's kind of been a goal I have for myself is getting back to at least 175 and then working on less from there. That's still 75 lbs away, though, and seems nearly impossible. I'll just keep working one week at a time, one lb at a time, and eventually I'll get there. Even though I have a poor self image and low self esteem now, I'm still motivated because I know where I can be because I've been there before.

I'm worried about my face sagging and wrinkles showing up though. I hope I'm just being paranoid and that doesn't happen. I think it won't sag as much if I lose more slowly than a drastic drop all at once. I'm not sure. I'll just have to wait and see what happens. If so, then I see a Lifestyle Lift (seen those commercials?) in my future at some point. lol
Old 04-12-2014, 06:22 AM
FitDay Member

I said Jabba the Hutt because even my rolls have rolls. I didn't put on weight till I was in my 30's after my second child was born. I just turned 60 so I have been over weight for half my life. The older I get the harder it is to lose the weigh and keep it off. I don't know what I will look like when I lose the weigh but I am more concerned about my health than my appearance. ( Plain Jane not a beauty)
All things are possible if you have a will to change. We can do this.

Last edited by libby116; 04-12-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

I walked for 25 minutes on the treadmill. My calories were good so I am on target today.

Goals for the week
6 glasses of water: M-Y T-Y W-Y T-Y F-Y S-Y
exercise 3X: T-15 min. S-25 min.
3 fruits 3 veg: M-Y T-Y W-Y T-Y F-Y S-Y
lose 2 pounds:
finish 1 project: I am working on a quilt for my Dad.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Checking back in!

Today's goal is to drink 96 oz. water - I'm still working on it...I'm going to bed soon so if I drink as much water as I aimed to I may be up a few times through the night , burn a minimum of 500 calories - Check!

Libby - Good job getting on that treadmill! Watching what we eat is only part of it...exercise will help make our goals happen faster and will help to build lean muscle to increase the metabolism.

Good night all...check back in tomorrow!
Old 04-12-2014, 06:20 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I hope you enjoy dinner with your family tonight.

Libby, good for you for staying on track and getting the treadmill in.

I had a dinner tonight that I haven't had in eons. Lasagna. I saw a recipe on Food Network that looked really good so I tried it except I used ground turkey and instead of pasta I used thinly sliced zucchini. Long story short, it didn't turn out "pretty", but it sure tasted phenomenal. The calories clocked in at about 400 and the carbs were about 30g. I know that's too high for some on here, but for me it works well. It was nice to have a "rich and decadent" tasting dinner that really wasn't all that bad.

Calories for the day still a little high, but way better than yesterday ended up being. I feel like my eating is on a roller coaster ride. For example, this morning I was really hungry, but I didn't want to eat because I'm afraid of eating too many calories and gaining weight. But then I go completely the opposite way and end up eating too many at the end of the day. Then I go through the guilt and all that crap. Point is, it seems there is no happy middle ground. Suggestions? Thoughts?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:58 PM
FitDay Member

hi everyone,
totally agree with the goal setting and rewards.

one obstacle i have found whenever changing my diet, even in the simplest way, is to persist until my body adjusts.

I remember is used to eat hardly any salads. Then one day i decided i simply had to. Of course i had to experiment a bit to find something i sort of liked.
But it took a while to go from "i don't really like this" until, slowly by body adapted and actually realised salad was good for me!

Now, when i eat salad my body feels refreshed. I eat other foods too, but now i enjoy salads - something i never thought possible when i started!

so if you are in the early stages of changing your diet, stick at it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.