Notices

Motivational Thread April 7 - April 13

Old 04-11-2014, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

I lost 3 pounds not the 5 I was hoping for but I'll take it.
Bea congrats on the 4 pound loss.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning Setting my daily goals for the day. Today I'm aiming to burn a minimum of 500 calories and drink 96 oz. water. I'm not tracking calories today since I'm going out for dinner with my husband tonight for his b-day. I will however do my very best to stay on track all day otherwise...but allow myself some indulgence tonight. My efforts paid off this week with a nice 2.8 lbs. weight loss!!

Congrats Libby on the 3 lb. loss and Bea on the 4 lb. loss!!!

I hope everyone else has a good weigh in today! I'll check back in a little later to see how everyone is doing....that is if anyone posts at all today...it's been far too quiet here this week
Old 04-11-2014, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

I am late joining the thread this week. I have not had a very successful past couple of weeks. I tend to let my eating and exercise fall by the wayside in order to meet all the other needs of the family. Ugh......I need to better organize my day I guess. I also need to create a menu that is good for me and the family will eat without too much complaining.

I am thinking to next week already. I will make goals that are attainable. I also like the idea for the shopping reward....great motivation!!!

Have a great end of the week!
Jennifer
Old 04-11-2014, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

WTG Debbie!! 2.8 pounds when so close to your goal weight is AWESOME!
Enjoy the celebrations tonight

Libby 3 pounds is wonderful!

The snow is melting here and I have reacquainted myself with my favourite place to be on this Island... our boardwalk!! it is 2.6km (total) down and back so it is a lovely evening walk down by the still frozen water hehe
Old 04-11-2014, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Bea - Sadly, I've never been to PEI but I would love to! Maybe when the kids are a little older, we could check it out in the summer. I hear it's beautiful! I'll have to keep the boardwalk in mind and check it out too! Thanks for cheering me on! It was a good loss this week for me for sure! It is very slow going since I'm close to goal, so I hope to see another loss next week!

Jennifer - It's so tough to do this with a young family isn't it! My kids are 6 & 8 and I work full time...so I understand where you're coming from! I usually end up making several different meals every night just to accomodate everyone. Last night I made a spaghetti sauce using ground chicken...my husband turned his nose up at it...but he did end up trying it and liked it. My kids wouldn't touch it! I made pasta for the family...my husband ate it with the sauce...the kids ate it with butter and parm...I ate the sauce with spaghetti squash...and that was a good night! LOL! Hang in there girl! You can do this! Just take it day by day...one foot in front of the other..build some momentum and before you know it, you'll be looking back and seeing how far you've come!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back I didn't gain while away. I am waiting a couple days to see if actually lost a little. I usually retain fluid after a flight. had a great holiday and I'm motivated to keep on losing. It looks like many of you have been having a good week. Well done.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Mary - I completely forgot you were going to Vegas....I was wondering where you were! LOL!! Looks like you brought the sun back with you like I requested Awesome job going away on a holiday and not gaining!!! Very impressive lady!

Last edited by lildebbieg; 04-11-2014 at 06:06 AM. Reason: I suck at typing!
Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Jennifer, you can do it!!
When I had a home based daycare I cooked about 75% of my meals on the weekend, but planned out 100%

I must say, I do love cooking, and do not eat out. I know I can cook healthier and am in complete control of what goes in mine and my daughter's bodies.

Planning is essential, it will allow you time to modify a dish for someone if needed (allergies and strong preferences were my contentions). I also liked knowing I had it covered beforehand.

I still work like this even now, though not quite as strictly, but by Sunday I have at least 2-3 weekdays of meals cooked, and I know what I am doing for the rest. If left to me when I am hungry, and perhaps had a bad day, I am afraid I would make poor choices!

I like how I feel when I eat healthy!

Welcome back Mary! Didja win big?!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, congrats on the 3 lbs gone!

Bea, 4 lbs...that's outstanding!

Debbie, great job on the 2.8 lbs. Have a great time with your hubby tonight!

Jennifer (and Debbie since you said you are busy too), it's so hard to take care of everyone's needs all the time, because you are right, we tend to let our own selves fall by the wayside. Sometimes it's really hard to make everyone happy with dinner because I have a daughter who is vegetarian and the rest of us are not, plus there is my own eating plan that doesn't always fit. I make my veggie daughter happy by making tasty veggie dinners the whole family will enjoy once or twice a week. (I'm fortunate though that my family likes new things). I make her happy by putting the meat in last so she can have whatever it is with her own veggie meat before it is "contaminated" by real meat. For me, I make things that I only have to tweak one or two things on my plate to make it within my plan. It took me a long time to find a system that works. You just have to keep at it. It's a lot of trial and error. I don't know if you do this or not, but I plan all my dinners for the week all on Sunday. I put the list on the refrigerator (so I don't forget what I bought for). Then I have 6 dinners to choose from (one day a week is always take out night). If it's an especially busy night, I make a simple dinner. If I have a little more time I choose one that takes a little more effort. But I try to choose a variety of dinners on shopping day on complexity, veggie or not, etc. to fit in with our day to day ever changing schedule. Maybe that might work for you...or a variation of that. Wow, I think I wrote too much right there. sorry for the book! lol

Hi, Mary! Glad to see you back from your trip.

I am so excited to report that I lost 1 lb. I know, that doesn't compare to you all losing 3 and 4, but dangit I was on my period and had a rough week. lol I give myself a pass and a pat on the back for doing this well. I figured out my average daily calories this week. It was 500 above my high end of my goal for my calorie range. So if I would have stayed on track it would have been another 3500 calories less and another lb gone. ah well. if only, if only. Regardless, I'm happy with 1 lb. That's 4 sticks of butter (fat) less on my body than last week. Just imagine what 4 sticks of butter looks like. oy. I saw that on Oprah once. She brought out a wagon full of sticks of butter to illustrate how much fat she had lost.

My goal today is to stick in my range. The rest of the family will have take out tonight, but I'm going to stick with something out of the refrigerator. My daughter has a softball game tonight, and I know I will have a soda while watching the game, and I'm ok with that. I will just have to watch my calories elsewhere. For lunch I had leftover chicken parmesan on a whole grain with flax HG flatout and made a wrap out of it. I ate a lot of chicken in it, and it was kind of high in calories, but I also got a huge percentage of my protein for the day in. So it's all good.

ok, I've written quite enough for one afternoon. I'll see you all here tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:47 AM
FitDay Member

Checking back in with my daily report! Dinner out with my man was so nice! This was the first time ever that we had a babysitter....it was so nice to be able to just go out for a couple of hours! We had dinner (soooo yummy....I don't even want to think how many calories it was!) then did a little shopping and I even bought myself a new shirt. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror when shopping and I was actually surprised! I used to cringe when I would see my reflection (awful...I know!!) but today I saw my reflection and was actually pleased with what I saw I saw so many cute clothes tonight....I can't wait to earn my 'Shopping Spree Reward' money and go out and buy lots of new and cute summer clothes. I even texted a friend while I was there and told her to save a date at the end of May to go shopping and lunching with me! I'm actually excited to go shopping! Back in the day when I never even realized I had a great figure, I loved to shop and lunch with my sister. It feels good to even want to try on clothes again! **sigh**

Today's goal is to drink 96 oz. water - Check!, burn a minimum of 500 calories - Not quite? I burned 433 calories but I had to cut my workout a little short because our babysitter was here and I wasn't even showered yet! Oh well...I did my best and there's always tomorrow!

Jenai
- Congrats on the 1 lb. loss! You're doing so well!!! You've had a loss every week if I'm not mistaken? That's no easy task...so keep doing what you're doing!!

See you all tomorrow! I think I'll be upping the ante with the calorie burn target tomorrow after the enormous amount of food I ate tonight!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.