Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread March 31-April 6 >

Motivational Thread March 31-April 6

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 31-April 6

Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I have a cold or is it allergies, any ways my head feels stuffy and my throat is sore. I am going to take it easy today with lots of fluids and see how I feel tomorrow. When I was going to WW a looong time ago I used to put cinnamon on half a grapefruit and bake it under the broiler for a minute.
It tasted sooo goood. I had a wonderful day at the sewing retreat yesterday and finished sewing on the binding of my star quilt. That was a big job that I had been putting off for some time. Now I want to sew some beads on it and then it will be done. Make it a good day.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, sorry you're not feeling well! Are you going to post a pic of your quilt when it is done? I'd love to see it.

Debbie, I thought weekly goals were a bit much for me at the moment too. I think (for me anyways) it's easier to go a day at a time. You do know how to do this and stay on track...keep on truckin'! I think you are one of the ones who does quite a bit of exercise, but I have a hard time keeping everyone straight. What do you do to burn 500 calories?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Today's goal is to drink 96 oz. water, burn a minimum of 500 calories (done...I burned 723 cals today!) and keep my calories under 1200.

Libby - Sorry to hear you're under the weather....especially with the weather finally turning around! I think I may have allergies...running nose and sneezing...or maybe a cold as well? I wonder what we could be allergic to at this time of year...mould?

Jenai - Thanks for the pep talk buddy For exercise, I typically do a 40 minute workout daily. 40 seconds work with 10 seconds rest (I use a gymboss interval timer to keep track of the time so I'm not watching the clock....one of my best buys with regards to exercise gear!) For the 40 second interval, I do a weighted exercise (like bicep curls, weighted squats, etc.) or a body weight exercise (like push ups, squat jumps, etc.), then rest for 10 seconds. On the next 40 second interval, I do a cardio move which is usually jumping rope, but sometimes I do things like burpees, speed skaters, etc. Then a few times a week, I add in extra cardio on the elliptical or treadmill...with the nice weather coming, I'll take it outdoors to run. Probably more info than you were looking for!!

I'll check back later to update my goals.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

I've been needing a bit of space, the last few days.

I took out a bag of clothes, I had outgrown in the last 3 years and proceeded to try some of them on.

All but 1 pair of jeans fit!!
Aside from when I was in an office from Sept-Nov I was in sweat pants, but now I don't need to!!

my all time (recorded high - I know I was higher) was 367.9 in Jan 2010
I hit 289.9 around Aug-Sept that year, and slowly crept back up to 352.9 by Jan 10 this year, when I decided to start again

My weight this morning was 311.1!!
41.8 pounds since Jan 10.. I am very excited and I am on track to hit 299.9 by April 25. Saying goodbye to the 3's again will be awesome!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai I think I might try that recipe! Good job Bea on the weight loss!

Went to luncheon after church and had sandwiches. I knew i should have put some baby carrots in my purse. A pet peeve of mine that they don't put out veggies. And all the desserts were cookies, squares and by the time I got up there small muffins so I went without and will have fruit later. I also had water not juice. Small victorys.

Jenn
Old 04-06-2014, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by simplybea
Hi everyone,

I've been needing a bit of space, the last few days.

I took out a bag of clothes, I had outgrown in the last 3 years and proceeded to try some of them on.

All but 1 pair of jeans fit!!
Aside from when I was in an office from Sept-Nov I was in sweat pants, but now I don't need to!!

my all time (recorded high - I know I was higher) was 367.9 in Jan 2010
I hit 289.9 around Aug-Sept that year, and slowly crept back up to 352.9 by Jan 10 this year, when I decided to start again

My weight this morning was 311.1!!
41.8 pounds since Jan 10.. I am very excited and I am on track to hit 299.9 by April 25. Saying goodbye to the 3's again will be awesome!
Wow Bea!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!! You really are rocking it lady!! As far as needing space, we all need space from time to time. Take the time you need...we'll be here cheering you on always!!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Jenai I think I might try that recipe! Good job Bea on the weight loss!

Went to luncheon after church and had sandwiches. I knew i should have put some baby carrots in my purse. A pet peeve of mine that they don't put out veggies. And all the desserts were cookies, squares and by the time I got up there small muffins so I went without and will have fruit later. I also had water not juice. Small victorys.

Jenn
Good job making smart choices when you had limited selection to choose from. Not an easy task!!! Those small victories will add up over time to big success!
Old 04-06-2014, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Such a glorious spring day (which us Ontarians thought would never come) that I did some yardwork. Made a HUGE dent in cleaning the overgrown back garden and 35 mins worth of exercise to boot!!

AND my good choices at lunch+exercise=better glucose readings

Jenn
Old 04-06-2014, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie--723 calories burned!? Woohoo! And thanks for telling me about your routine. lol...it was just what I was asking about, not "more than I was looking for". back at ya!

Bea--That's so fantastic about the clothes fitting and your incredible weight loss. Good for you!!!

Jenn--small victories add up to big results. Good job on the choices!

As for me, I'm not feeling well. It's "that time", my weight is up a few lbs, I'm feeling super blah, and not to mention the unbearable cramps! Talked with my nutrition advisor on Friday, and she was very happy with my blood results and my A1C being at 5.8. I told her I've been having soda about every day, but we decided that I'm still having great results (averaging 1.5-2 lbs/wk) so we are not going to put our focus on that right now. I've been feeling really down which is having an impact on my choices, because I am definitely an emotional eater. So rather than talk to her next time (for the next 3 times or so) she's going to have me talk to the behavioral coach. Don't know what that will be like, but I'm game.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:11 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, so glad your son is feeling better and that you enjoyed that wonderful clothes shopping trip with him. Wow, both of you must be so gosh darned proud of his accomplishments! Aw, so sorry that you're feeling down. I used to have horrible cramps in my younger days--sometimes to the point of tears. My heart certainly is with you. My very best wishes on the emotional eating and talking with the behavioral coach. Oh how wonderful that such a service is available to you! My "revampings" of your dishes are just very slight variations or substitutions. I am so grateful for your help with vegetarian and low carb. I'm in HEAVEN! I can't eat quinoa because of my carb limitations being so low, but the Nutty Quinoa dish looked really yummy with the broccoli slaw and almonds. So I adapted it to Nutty TVP (textured soy veggie protein) and posted it in the Low Carb thread in Food Talk with a reference to your recipe. I had it for my main dish tonight. So quick to fix and so delicious. Thanks for such a great idea! Your veggie pasta sounds great, too. I'll have to try that sometime. I can use Ragu or Belladoro pasta sauces that are very low carb.

Jenn, kudos on your self control at the luncheon, exercise, and better glucose reading. You are truly an inspiration!

Debbie, your enthusiasm for well being through good nutrition and exercise is astounding. Keep up the good work!

Bea! OMG, major kudos on your weight loss! I wanna be like YOU when I "grow up." You've worked to hard. I have a bunch of lovely clothes downstairs I'm longing to wear again. They're not outdated styles--just regular clothes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.